Page 318 of 321 FirstFirst ... 218268293308309310311312313314315316317318319320321 LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6403

Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

  1. #6341

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Meanwhile, after Turkish drone fleet destroyed a record number of Russian-made Syrian armor last year, Turkish drones purchased by Ukraine started taking out pro-Russian rebel's artillery, meanwhile the Canadian company that was supposed to supply the original optics for the drones went bankrupt because of the embargo on selling equipment to Turkey. Those who are unable to sperate Turkey with Erdoğan will be on the losing side in the long run.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  2. #6342
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,626

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Meanwhile, after Turkish drone fleet destroyed a record number of Russian-made Syrian armor last year, Turkish drones purchased by Ukraine started taking out pro-Russian rebel's artillery, meanwhile the Canadian company that was supposed to supply the original optics for the drones went bankrupt because of the embargo on selling equipment to Turkey. Those who are unable to sperate Turkey with Erdoğan will be on the losing side in the long run.
    Losing side in what? Military sales? I'll remind you it's Turkey who lost out on the F-35 and is now asking the US to sell them F-16s and upgrade kits. Erdogan's little temper tantrum caused Turkey's lira to slide down either further. I don't think the West is on the losing side here.

  3. #6343

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    And what's Erdogans end-game here? Supporting Ukraine is like like investing into plumbing by flushing cash down the toilet. At the end of the day, Russians will get their hands on one (probably via Novorussians buying a few off corrupt Ukrainian officials like they often to with other Ukrainian equipment before) and reverse-engineer them, probably make them higher quality to, maybe even give a few to various Kurdish groups.
    It also pushes Russia closer to Iran, while West doesn't seem to trust Turkey under Erdogan that much, for example France is openly hostile to them over conflicts in North Africa (even getting Russia on their side, that was quite a feat there).
    Erdogan's politics simply lead to creation of some kind of Turkish alliance. He should be appeasing Russians, not pissing off the bear.

  4. #6344

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Meanwhile, after Turkish drone fleet destroyed a record number of Russian-made Syrian armor last year, Turkish drones purchased by Ukraine started taking out pro-Russian rebel's artillery, meanwhile the Canadian company that was supposed to supply the original optics for the drones went bankrupt because of the embargo on selling equipment to Turkey.
    They are not really bankrupt a problem which can be easily performed while some other customers of Drones from Turkey are using the same System while using Turkish or German made optics. While for example USA is refusing more to sell his Drones even to closed Allies and Israel only with some limitations Turkey does not require something like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Those who are unable to sperate Turkey with Erdoğan will be on the losing side in the long run.
    This is right but the Company that is now selling those Drones to more then ten countries are some fruits of President Erdogan. It´s not like that he had nothing had contributed to it, even helped managed to disclose further Markets for the Turkish Defence Industry.

    Overall anything moreover started that Turkey was using those Drones as COIN on their own Soul aswell in Libya:https://www.aircosmosinternational.c...r-warfare-2613

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    He should be appeasing Russians, not pissing off the bear.
    Why did it would anger you if that "Bear" is getting pissed?



    Last edited by Nebaki; October 27, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

  5. #6345

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    Why did it would anger you if that "Bear" is getting pissed?
    I think the agenda is rather obvious:

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Turkey is not a trustworthy NATO ally
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Erdogan... should be appeasing Russians
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.


  6. #6346

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Because pissing off both sides is dumb. France and Russia already work together against Turkish interests in North Africa. Turkey keeps making new enemies, while its allies are Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, whose strategic value is worthless, and the fundamentalist terrorist cells that Erdogan is bankrolling in Syria, which also don't really do anything other then sucking up Turkish money. Its not that I hate Turkey or want it to be Russia's or Western puppet or anything, but from geopolitical perspective, Erdogan is a moron. I mean just look at history, from the times of Vlad Tepes turning Turkish invaders into Halloween decorations, to Entente carving Ottoman Empire like Thanksgiving turkey (sorry not sorry for festive puns), and countless thrashings Russians gave them in between, one lesson Turkey can learn from History is that messing with Russia and Europe in general is a very bad idea.

  7. #6347

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Because pissing off both sides is dumb.
    You mean:

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    France and Russia already work together against Turkish interests in North Africa
    Wait isn´t France in the NATO? It´s working with a NATO Rival?

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Turkey keeps making new enemies, while its allies are Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan, whose strategic value is worthless
    Azerbaijan was even in the both World Wars an strategic important turningpoint. Turkmenistan is the Place where the Oghuz Tribe cames from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Its not that I hate Turkey or want it to be Russia's or Western puppet or anything,
    But so on:

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    but from geopolitical perspective, Erdogan is a moron.
    Why because his support in case of Nagorno-Karabakh, Libya, Syria and Aegean? This all would also happen without Erdogan.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    I mean just look at history, from the times of Vlad Tepes turning Turkish invaders into Halloween decorations,
    Really? Didn´t that guy was a Depressed Paranoid Schizophrenic Maniac that bunkered himself in his own Castle and impaled anyone who was close to enough because of his own Anti-Turkish sentiment? I´m not an expert in History of Romania but it seems to be that Romanian People suffered more from his own Leaders then from foreign Rule.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    to Entente carving Ottoman Empire like Thanksgiving turkey (sorry not sorry for festive puns), and countless thrashings Russians gave them in between
    Turkey was called even before Turkey then something like "Thanksgiving" existed. So if you think that somebody catched the Idea up and called a Country after Bird maybe think about the Fact that you are wrong in that case.

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    one lesson Turkey can learn from History is that messing with Russia and Europe in general is a very bad idea.
    The Ottoman Empire was like the Austria-Hungarian or Russian Empire a victim of the French Revolution so like the France before the French Revolution overall it also failed in the progress of Mercantilism and Industrialisation.

  8. #6348

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    The Lincoln Project has appeared to claim responsibility for organizing a Charlottesville-themed hate hoax designed to smear the GOP candidate for governor in VA, Glenn Youngkin. Liberal operatives disguised themselves as "unite the right" white nationalists at a GOP event, posed in front of a campaign bus and proclaimed their support for the Republican candidate.



  9. #6349

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    They thought they could do better than the FBI? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".
    “To live without faith, without a heritage to defend, without battling constantly for truth, is not to live but to ‘get along’; we must never just ‘get along’.” - Pier Giorgio Frassati

  10. #6350

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Let's hope this backfires in their face and Youngkin wins by an even bigger margin.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  11. #6351

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The Lincoln Project has appeared to claim responsibility for organizing a Charlottesville-themed hate hoax designed to smear the GOP candidate for governor in VA, Glenn Youngkin. Liberal operatives disguised themselves as "unite the right" white nationalists at a GOP event, posed in front of a campaign bus and proclaimed their support for the Republican candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Let's hope this backfires in their face and Youngkin wins by an even bigger margin.
    Looks like Youngkin beat the racist Democrat Party to become governor of Virginia:
    Republicans capture Virginia governorship, dealing setback to Biden
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/too...ns-2021-11-02/

    Larry Sabato on MSNBC:
    ‘It’s a Bloodbath’: Larry Sabato Delivers the Bleak Outlook for Democrats on MSNBC
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-a-bl...rats-on-msnbc/

  12. #6352

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Looks like Youngkin beat the racist Democrat Party to become governor of Virginia:
    Republicans capture Virginia governorship, dealing setback to Biden
    https://www.reuters.com/world/us/too...ns-2021-11-02/

    Larry Sabato on MSNBC:
    ‘It’s a Bloodbath’: Larry Sabato Delivers the Bleak Outlook for Democrats on MSNBC
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/its-a-bl...rats-on-msnbc/
    Republicans also elected Winsome Sears as Lt. Governor - the first black woman to win statewide office in the history of Virginia.

    Republican Winsome Sears elected Virginia’s first Black woman lieutenant governor

    Sears, an immigrant from Jamaica, said her historic election is living proof that the United States is not a divided country, sending a political message to Democrats on the other side of the aisle.

    “There are some who want to divide us and we must not let that happen. They would like us to believe we are back in 1963 when my father came,” said Sears. “We can live where we want, we can eat where want — we own the water fountains,” adding, “We’ve had a Black president elected not once but twice, and here I am living proof … In case you haven’t noticed, I am Black, and I have been Black all my life.”
    Edit: more white supremacy

    Republican Jason Miyares makes history as Virginia's first Latino attorney general


    Republican Jason Miyares, the son of a Cuban refugee, defeated the Democratic incumbent to become Virginia's first Latino attorney general and the first Hispanic elected statewide.
    Last edited by Prodromos; November 04, 2021 at 02:26 AM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  13. #6353

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    The Durham probe has indicted the primary source of the Steele dossier for lying to the FBI. This follows the indictment of Clinton campaign lawyer, Michael Sussman, for also allegedly lying to the FBI about Trump-Russia collusion.



  14. #6354

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Republicans also elected Winsome Sears as Lt. Governor - the first black woman to win statewide office in the history of Virginia.

    Republican Winsome Sears elected Virginia’s first Black woman lieutenant governor



    Edit: more white supremacy

    Republican Jason Miyares makes history as Virginia's first Latino attorney general
    You'd be surprised but Democrats think black people can be white supremacists too, especially when they don't do what predominantly white Democrats tell them to.

  15. #6355
    swabian's Avatar igni ferroque
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,907

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    The Durham probe has indicted the primary source of the Steele dossier for lying to the FBI. This follows the indictment of Clinton campaign lawyer, Michael Sussman, for also allegedly lying to the FBI about Trump-Russia collusion.
    The unfortunate truth is, that your entire USA is more or less a rogueish enterprise. I'm sorry. You want to prove the unethical ruthlessness of someone who is expected to be a squeaky clean dignitary (US senator or congressman) - it's there. Guaranteed.

  16. #6356
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,626

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/...attempt-684311

    The Iraqi PM survived an assassination attempt by armed drone. Rumors are it was a pro-Iranian militia group. The PMU militias are known to use drones such as the ones used in the attempt to kill the Iraqi PM. Pro-Iranian parties lost seats in the latest election and called for protests against the current PM. I think they are lashing out and it's going to backfire. Iran is already pretty unpopular in Iraq (along with the USA) and this will likely just finish further the influence the Iranians have in Iraq.

  17. #6357

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Could just be good old American/Israeli intelligence trying to stir stuff up.

  18. #6358
    Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    16,626

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Could just be good old American/Israeli intelligence trying to stir stuff up.
    Could be. Could be an act of God. Could be the boogeyman. No evidence whatsoever indicates US or Israeli involvement.

  19. #6359

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Could be. Could be an act of God. Could be the boogeyman. No evidence whatsoever indicates US or Israeli involvement.
    Yet you blame Iran, also with no evidence.

  20. #6360
    Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Nehekhara
    Posts
    16,254

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Could be. Could be an act of God. Could be the boogeyman. No evidence whatsoever indicates US or Israeli involvement.
    There are only two countries that operate drones in the region on a wide scale and are known to be technically capable of carrying out high precision assassination missions: USA and Israel.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •