Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

What I want to know is this: what is the particular problem with 'femicide' as you called it, when femicide is a fraction of female murders, and female murders are a fraction of all murders, in Brazil.

It's ridiculous to talk about one but not the other.

So high likely another crime of an 'heterosexual, straight, male' incel ...

If i would have an daughter, i would teach her to be self confident and if she is attacked by a man to kick with full power in the nuts and then run away ...
    This bit here. How widespread is male on female assault or murder, perhaps by straight men, perhaps by incels, perhaps not even in Brazil.

And is the emoji saying you find heterosexuals, males, or incels repulsive.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Generally female engage in domestic abuse of their spouse more often than males, only difference is that male abuse is of physical nature whereas females generally target the spouse's reputation, mental sanity and health.

Quote Originally Posted by makawa View Post
    Legio, size or physical strength have nothing to do with considering that because you are a woman you are an object, a possession, something disposable or something that must be controlled or supressed. Everything you have exposed is nothing more than cheap words to deny the fact that machismo kills.
    That's not true.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; February 26, 2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Is gender dependent abortion to be considered a hate crime? Or is it ok to murder women for being women as long as they are in utero? Or is it a sin to assume their gender? The world is so confusing now.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    What I want to know is this: what is the particular problem with 'femicide' as you called it, when femicide is a fraction of female murders, and female murders are a fraction of all murders, in Brazil..
    Why you dont care about feminicide Aexodus? it means the death of thousands of women a year.
    If you think so, report it.
    Last edited by mishkin; February 26, 2021 at 08:29 AM.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Why you dont care about feminicide Aexodus? it means the death of thousands of women a year.
    The reason I don't particularly care is because murder is murder, and is always bad. The concern around this is clownery the level of that time someone was worried about women who lose their husbands at war, than the soldiers who actually died.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Blog Entries

The reason I don't particularly care is because murder is murder, and is always bad. The concern around this is clownery the level of that time someone was worried about women who lose their husbands at war, than the soldiers who actually died.
    Murder associated with machismo is a problem that can be tackled and must be addressed. You dont care about feminicide because you dont care about machismo.

Edit: sorry for making assumptions. do you care about machismo?

Why not just tackle murder in its entirety? Would society not benefit if ALL murder ceased?
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Legio, size or physical strength have nothing to do with considering that because you are a woman you are an object, a possession, something disposable or something that must be controlled or supressed. Everything you have exposed is nothing more than cheap words to deny the fact that machismo kills.
    Or you could, you know, read the actual research posted. A bit ironic for people wrapping themselves in the mantle of feminism only to portray women as hapless, passive victims of uncontrollable male aggression, in conflict with the evidence. The latter indicates not only are rates of violence similar between the sexes, but that male victims are perhaps less likely to see it as a problem for the same reason as the female perpetrators: men are more likely to inflict physical injury, and less likely to suffer it, as a result of violence between partners, due to differences in physical strength and social norms. It’s almost like women are people too, with similar impulses and personal failings.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

The quote you're referring to was from Hillary Clinton:

"Women have always been the primary victims of war; women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Adrian View Post
    Why not just tackle murder in its entirety? Would society not benefit if ALL murder ceased?
    It is far more feasible to try to make society less macho than to eradicate murder from society.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio_Italica View Post
    Or you could, you know, read the actual research posted. A bit ironic for people wrapping themselves in the mantle of feminism only to portray women as hapless, passive victims of uncontrollable male aggression, in conflict with the evidence. The latter indicates not only are rates of violence similar between the sexes, but that male victims are perhaps less likely to see it as a problem for the same reason as the female perpetrators: men are more likely to inflict physical injury, and less likely to suffer it, as a result of violence between partners, due to differences in physical strength and social norms. It’s almost like women are people too, with similar impulses and personal failings.
    Oh yeah. Now I am the macho and you, ignoring the fact that women are murdered for the mere fact of being one (something of course not equiparable to men being killed), are the voice of reason.

I find this attack on "machismo" to be incredibly racist and insensitive to different cultural norms.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

So high likely another crime of an 'heterosexual, straight, male' incel ...
    Between '...' is a self description, how most incels would describe themself. Its obviously a series of adjectives describing incels.

And yes i find incels repulsive. Thats my opinion. Period.

Incels kill in Toronto or now in Brazil.

For those who are really interested about what Incels are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incel#...ns_for_beliefs
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

What I want to know is this: what is the particular problem with 'femicide' as you called it, when femicide is a fraction of female murders, and female murders are a fraction of all murders, in Brazil.
    It's ridiculous to talk about one but not the other.
    This bit here. How widespread is male on female assault or murder, perhaps by straight men, perhaps by incels, perhaps not even in Brazil.
    I'm more curious about why talking about murder of women triggers talking about murder of men as a smokescreen.
    The Armenian Issue

And I am curious why you feel the need to assign gender to murder.

Easy. I'm not assigning gender to murder. It has a gender in French language though, and its male.
    The Armenian Issue

Blog Entries

Do you accept the fact that thousands of women are killed by men annually for the mere fact of being women? Murdered for being the wife of their murderer, for being the ex-wife of their murderer, the "love interest" or "sexual interest" of their murderer etc?

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    Easy. I'm not assigning gender to murder. It has a gender in French language though, and its male.
    Then why are you asking Aexodus to ignore murder against a specific gender?

Then why are you asking Aexodus to ignore murder against a specific gender?
    I didn't ask him to ignore murder of people from a specific gender.
    The Armenian Issue

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    So if I understand this, the topic that was introduced is a news story concerning gender related hate crime and this is being marginalized by discussing homicide in general. If you do not want to discuss the issue then why bother responding at all?
    No it's a joke. It's like saying all lives matter, super witty.

Smile more mate.

All you have to do is laugh along about murdering women, and how it needs to happen more, and the conversation improves.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

You disagree that all lives matter?

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    I didn't ask him to ignore murder of people from a specific gender.
    But you don't want him to talk about male murders. That's asking him to ignore said murders.