Page 299 of 302 FirstFirst ... 199249274289290291292293294295296297298299300301302 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 6039

Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

  1. #5961

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    In all things, but especially when it comes to expectations, one has to be realistic.
    Like I said, ironically. She's white. Treat her white.

    We are, after all, America.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

    Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

  2. #5962
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Like I said, ironically. She's white. Treat her white.

    We are, after all, America.
    It’s a misconception that being white is enough. Turning whites into boogeyman is convenient and allows everyone but old white rich men to shirk accountability.

    It’s being white and in the Upper Classes that gets you the special treatment outside of small towns whose dynamics are more complex. If you live here you should know this.

    If she complied she wouldn’t have gotten hurt. End of story.

  3. #5963

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    The Problem of the New Right

    Interesting essay.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  4. #5964

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    1. To understand politics, you just need to identify vested interests.

    2. The real issue with the Loveland arrest is that the police officer is an obvious sadist, and you have video taped proof.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

  5. #5965
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Every expression of Authority is Sadism.

  6. #5966

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    You mean patriarchal oppression.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

  7. #5967
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    You mean patriarchal oppression.
    The patriarchy is real in an unorganized sense but authority and moreso the desire for supremacy is the problem. The belief that constructs and the intersubjective are real ruins the humans imo.

  8. #5968

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Texas Senate passes Constitutional Carry

    Pending final approval, the measure – already passed by the Texas House – heads to a conference committee for the two chambers to hash out their differences, unless the House accepts the Senate amendments. Then the bill heads to Gov. Greg Abbott, who said last week he would sign the permitless carry bill into law.

    House Bill 1927 would nix the requirement for Texas residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they’re not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a gun. The Senate initially approved the bill in an 18-13 vote, less than a week after it sailed out of a committee created to specifically to tackle the legislation.
    Texas is the 21st state in the nation to pass Constitutional Carry, and the fifth state to do so this year.

    https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...y-state-n44788

    The passage of Constitutional Carry in Texas may be one of the biggest surprises of the year in terms of pro-2A legislation. Gov. Greg Abbott threw his support behind Second Amendment Sanctuary legislation before this year’s legislative session began, but he didn’t publicly embrace Constitutional Carry until a few weeks ago when the House was poised to pass the bill. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick had expressed doubts that the bill had enough support in the Senate as recently as last week, but when the roll call was held on Wednesday, every Republican senator ultimately voted in favor of the legislation.

    The right-to-carry revolution is still making progress across the country, and Texas joining the ranks of the Constitutional Carry states would be a huge step towards the full recognition of the right to keep and bear arms. We’re not quite at the finish line yet, but it is in sight and it looks like the biggest hurdles for the bill have now been overcome.
    So cool
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  9. #5969
    Tribunus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,019

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Texas Senate passes Constitutional Carry



    Texas is the 21st state in the nation to pass Constitutional Carry, and the fifth state to do so this year.

    https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2...y-state-n44788



    So cool
    I'm sorry this is something that is so bizarre from outside US politics. Guns seem to have been fetishized by most factions into this totemic illogical mess.

    To me a gun is a tool, to me if a tool is dangerous you put safety measures in place. Removing a certain kind of safety measure because of ZOG/30-50 feral hogs/what not is just mindboggling.

    Connecting a specific type of firearm to the constitution is such a weird place to end up. I feel like the gun sellers have the state and Union by the balls.

    Boilerplate caveat of course we never had a Waco in my country and HM is still in charge. Maybe my chains make me blind to the shining light of freedom?
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  10. #5970
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm sorry this is something that is so bizarre from outside US politics. Guns seem to have been fetishized by most factions into this totemic illogical mess.

    To me a gun is a tool, to me if a tool is dangerous you put safety measures in place. Removing a certain kind of safety measure because of ZOG/30-50 feral hogs/what not is just mindboggling.

    Connecting a specific type of firearm to the constitution is such a weird place to end up. I feel like the gun sellers have the state and Union by the balls.

    Boilerplate caveat of course we never had a Waco in my country and HM is still in charge. Maybe my chains make me blind to the shining light of freedom?
    The majority of Americans believe in reasonable gun control measures. It is a sadness nothing is ever done because we are in too deep. Couldn’t get rid of all the guns if we tried.

  11. #5971

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm sorry this is something that is so bizarre from outside US politics. Guns seem to have been fetishized by most factions into this totemic illogical mess.

    To me a gun is a tool, to me if a tool is dangerous you put safety measures in place. Removing a certain kind of safety measure because of ZOG/30-50 feral hogs/what not is just mindboggling.

    Connecting a specific type of firearm to the constitution is such a weird place to end up. I feel like the gun sellers have the state and Union by the balls.

    Boilerplate caveat of course we never had a Waco in my country and HM is still in charge. Maybe my chains make me blind to the shining light of freedom?

    Personally I think the Republicans want to keep America flooded with guns because mass shootings benefit their party.

    Every time there is a mass shooting the Republicans can play both sides; to half of their base they can say "See how dangerous the world is? Better get some more guns.", increasing the profits of the gun makers who then given the Republicans a nice kickback. To the other half of their base they can say "This was obviously a false flag using crisis actors so the Democrats can take your guns. Better vote Republican.", keeping themselves in power to cut more regulations to increase corporate profits at the expense of the health and safety of the American people for some more kickbacks. Since the Republicans send their kids to expensive private schools with metal detectors and live in heavily-patrolled gated communities, they assume the violence and death their actions cause won't affect them.

  12. #5972

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I'm sorry this is something that is so bizarre from outside US politics. Guns seem to have been fetishized by most factions into this totemic illogical mess.

    To me a gun is a tool, to me if a tool is dangerous you put safety measures in place. Removing a certain kind of safety measure because of ZOG/30-50 feral hogs/what not is just mindboggling.
    Because that's akin to acknowledging that words can be used to hurt people and concluding from this that everyone should be required to get a government permit before they can speak. Such 'safety measures' involve stripping innocent people of their rights in order to prevent bad things that may or may not happen in the future, and that's hard to square with justice, due process and individual rights.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  13. #5973
    Lord Thesaurian's Avatar Lost in Limbo
    Civitate Gaming Staff Magistrate

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,737

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Third Wave Antiracist tenets, stated clearly and placed in simple oppositions, translate into nothing whatsoever:

    When black people say you have insulted them, apologize with profound sincerity and guilt. But don’t put black people in a position where you expect them to forgive you. They have dealt with too much to be expected to.

    Black people are a conglomeration of disparate individuals. “Black culture” is code for “pathological, primitive ghetto people.” But don’t expect black people to assimilate to “white” social norms because black people have a culture of their own.
    Silence about racism is violence. But elevate the voices of the oppressed over your own.

    You must strive eternally to understand the experiences of black people. But you can never understand what it is to be black, and if you think you do you’re a racist.
    Show interest in multiculturalism. But do not culturally appropriate. What is not your culture is not for you, and you may not try it or do it. But—if you aren’t nevertheless interested in it, you are a racist.

    Support black people in creating their own spaces and stay out of them. But seek to have black friends. If you don’t have any, you’re a racist. And if you claim any, they’d better be good friends—in their private spaces, you aren’t allowed in.
    When whites move away from black neighborhoods, it’s white flight. But when whites move into black neighborhoods, it’s gentrification, even when they pay black residents generously for their houses.

    If you’re white and only date white people, you’re a racist. But if you’re white and date a black person you are, if only deep down, exotifying an “other.”

    Black people cannot be held accountable for everything every black person does. But all whites must acknowledge their personal complicity in the perfidy throughout history of “whiteness.”

    Black students must be admitted to schools via adjusted grade and test score standards to ensure a representative number of them and foster a diversity of views in classrooms. But it is racist to assume a black student was admitted to a school via racial preferences, and racist to expect them to represent the “diverse” view in classroom discussions.
    I suspect that deep down, most know that none of this catechism makes any sense. Less obvious is that it was not even composed with logic in mind. The self-contradiction of these tenets is crucial, in revealing that Third Wave Antiracism is not a philosophy but a religion.

    https://www.persuasion.community/p/j...the-neoracists
    A breath of fresh air.
    Click here to learn how you can publish Total War news, reviews, history and much more for TWC community publications.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    No, we don't care about your libertarian "evidence".

  14. #5974
    Tribunus
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,019

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Because that's akin to acknowledging that words can be used to hurt people and concluding from this that everyone should be required to get a government permit before they can speak. Such 'safety measures' involve stripping innocent people of their rights in order to prevent bad things that may or may not happen in the future, and that's hard to square with justice, due process and individual rights.
    I think it's more like having a car. I don't see a car or a gun as my political identity, but my voice is.

    Automatic rights to own and carry weapons seems primitive. The argument about "protecting individual liberty" is not persuasive. I think it's about money.

    i know US constitutional haruspexy has taken words to weird places, but honestly how is a "well regulated militia" created by near carte blanche handgun possession?

    While I agree the Feds shouldn't be trusted I think you can do more to protect yourself from a dictatorship by joining a political party than joining the flood of gun owners drowning in firearms.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

  15. #5975
    Indefinitely Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    lala
    Posts
    4,274

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thesaurian View Post
    A breath of fresh air.
    I suspect that deep down, most know that none of this catechism makes any sense. Less obvious is that it was not even composed with logic in mind. The self-contradiction of these tenets is crucial, in revealing that Third Wave Antiracism is not a philosophy but a religion.
    Tbf to LT this is one of the best descriptions of religion I have ever read.

  16. #5976

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Latest survey on Americans' perceptions of foreign countries

    https://news.gallup.com/poll/331082/...oric-lows.aspx



    "6% have an unfavorable view of Canada"

    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  17. #5977

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Latest survey on Americans' perceptions of foreign countries
    There is something wrong either with the methodology used here or with Americans' perception of the world, if eleven percent view North Korea favorably.
    == El Burrito Senoro ==

  18. #5978
    Gaius Baltar's Avatar Roma in aeternum
    Citizen

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temple of Jupiter
    Posts
    6,882
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    There is something wrong either with the methodology used here or with Americans' perception of the world, if eleven percent view North Korea favorably.
    The polling by news organizations is notoriously inaccurate here in the US. The science of statistics apparently has been mangled by the procedures that they use and I would suggest such information is mostly worthless, if that.



    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

    Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers


  19. #5979

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    There is something wrong either with the methodology used here or with Americans' perception of the world, if eleven percent view North Korea favorably.
    Most of that 11% is probably composed of tankies and people who got North Korea confused with South Korea.

    To be honest I'm surprised it's only 11%.
    Ignore List (to save time):

    Exarch

  20. #5980

    Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Septentrionalis View Post
    There is something wrong either with the methodology used here or with Americans' perception of the world, if eleven percent view North Korea favorably.
    Most of those 11% are just idiots who happened to catch NK propaganda when it agrees with their worldview. I once knew someone who was a huge NK fangirl. Her reasoning was basically:

    Obama=Bad

    NK doesn't like Obama

    Therefore, NK=Good.

    And since NK is so secretive it's easy for these morons to project their own desires and prejudices onto the nation, and claim any conflicting information is propaganda from whoever the bad guys are.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •