Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

One might be able grasp your point more firmly if one could decipher what you mean by "oaddong". Is it the word "padding" towards which you grope? The context and the proximity of O to both P and I on the keyboard suggest it is.
    Last edited by skh1; July 06, 2022 at 08:10 PM. Reason: The removal of an ungrammatical "s" from the word "suggest"

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Praeses

It seems you have intelligence enough to decipher my fat fingered blundering, bug i apologjse for my heinous errors nevertheless. I am on holidays in the US and am reduced to phoneposting.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

"Seems"? Hmmm. Anyway, have loads of fun in America. God knows we Americans aren't

"You know… the thing" - President Joseph R. Biden, Jr., vaguely alluding to the Declaration of Independence

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

It seems partytime is finally over for Boris ^^

Seven in 10 Britons - and even 54% of Conservative voters - say Boris Johnson SHOULD resign following bombshell departure of Javid and Sunak, poll Seven in 10 Britons - and even 54% of Conservative voters - say Boris Johnson SHOULD resign | Daily Mail Online

Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    So old people suffervarous complaints, if he has knee inflammation a bit of oaddong might help?

As he's a politician i accept on principle hes done horrendous things but dont fall into reverse orange-man-bad-ism, you might look like youre triggered like a Hilary supporter in 2016
    I was clearly thinking of something else (as already explained) and I commented along those lines. It appears that you didn’t like that, so you decided that I was triggered or something, in order for you to come to terms with it. Regardless, it is beside the point anyways…

What we do know for sure is that the photo (of post: 6631) does show these politicians doing some super-hollow posturing in order to project themselves as more righteous and moral then they are. To me they look like misguided hopeless opportunists, with little or no spine. If they had a spine they would also have the good sense to not partake in such dubious rituals in the first place. That’s my take. Anyways, I’m done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by skh1 View Post
    Anyway, have loads of fun in America. God knows we Americans aren't
    That bad huh?

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; July 06, 2022 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Improvement!

Praeses

"Seems"? Hmmm. Anyway, have loads of fun in America. God knows we Americans aren't
    Yes seems, I would never assume your IQ: you're smarter than me but thats not the highest bar mate.

Its a great country doing a great deal very well. All the Texans apologise that its not perfect, and the non Texans apologise for Texas. I feel like handing out whacks, theres heaps to be proud of.

As far as i can see the US has resolved a heap of survival issues and is now agonising over stuff others cant even begin to consider.

Things are so good demagogues have to bellow about Nazis and gay frogs just to get attention.

No where is perfect but if Texans learned to make better coffee maybe they'd have worse manners to strangers (looking at you, Parisians), the US does plenty right.

I mean how strong is a system where you can elect the last two disasters and the place still functions?

I am only here to see family, (no time for side adventures or I'd be knocking on Conons door to correct him about Athens) but we've seen so much thats great and wonderful.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

edited
    Last edited by swabian; July 07, 2022 at 05:25 AM.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

edited, pls delete. sorry
    Last edited by swabian; July 07, 2022 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    It seems partytime is finally over for Boris ^^

Seven in 10 Britons - and even 54% of Conservative voters - say Boris Johnson SHOULD resign following bombshell departure of Javid and Sunak, poll Seven in 10 Britons - and even 54% of Conservative voters - say Boris Johnson SHOULD resign | Daily Mail Online
    One greatly dares to presume that if our sorely missed Mongrel was still active on the site, his reaction would be something along the lines of: "Woo Hoo!" or, being British, a more decorous "Good show".

@ Cyclops: If one is roughly in the Texas-ish area of the United States, Tex-Mex cuisine is off the hook. (To which a bottle, or two or, if one is not responsible for driving all concerned home at evening's conclusion, three of Corona beer provides the perfect aperitif, or so one is reliably informed.) Wherever you are, though, have fun.
    Also, gay frogs. Please elaborate.

(I didn't expect my slightly reproving joke about America to receive such push-back. Apparently, I mistook this site for Twitter.)
    Last edited by skh1; July 07, 2022 at 06:19 AM. Reason: In deference to Swabian

Praeses

Boris Johnson is scum even for a politician.
    @ Cyclops: If one is roughly in the Texas-ish area of the United States, Tex-Mex cuisine is off the hook. (To which a bottle, or two or, if one is not responsible for driving all concerned home at evening's conclusion, three of Corona beer provides the perfect aperitif, or so one is reliably informed.) Wherever you are, though, have fun.
    Also, gay frogs. Please elaborate.
    I may not get to the TexMex, i hear its great thiugh. Ive been loading up on BBQ, coupla very fine meals. Sone Ohian made 3 point (grass fed) that changed my mind about the whole thing ( i used to suspect It eas overrated but its great stuff), and in the brisket discussion im a wet, not a dry.

By gay frogs i mean QANON/Alex Jones tuer rhetoric, "both sides" by which I mean various elements across the two main parties do it.

Thibgs are pretty good , compared to Russia or Africa, so to make many people angry you have to lie hard.

Some fanatics have blown up America's Stonehenge, the Georgia Guidestones (Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia)

‘America’s Stonehenge’ that some see as satanic torn down after bombing | US news | The Guardian

Republican fanatics are cheering:

But the monument drew occasional controversy from some who tied its message to far-right conspiracies or religious blasphemy.
    Prominent among them was the former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor, a third-place finisher in the 24 May Republican primary, who made removal of the monument part of her campaign platform, a stance spoofed by the TV comedian John Oliver.
    Following news of the Guidestones’ bombing, Taylor suggested on Twitter that the monument’s demise was an act of divine intervention. “God is God all by Himself. He can do ANYTHING He wants to do. That includes striking down Satanic Guidestones,” she tweeted.

Seems to me that the gaslighting Right is bringing the US down on Taliban level...

And satanic or far-right monument?

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles was engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[17] in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages were English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, and Russian.

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
    4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
    9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    10. Be not a cancer on the Earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; July 07, 2022 at 03:31 AM.

With a prescience eerie and strange, Morticia Iunia Brutus has correctly foretold the political demise of Boris Johnson who is expected to resign as head of the Tory Party later today. This will oblige him to step down as Prime Minister once a replacement has been elected this fall, if not sooner.
    Boris Johnson expected to resign as party revolts, but plays for time (msn.com)

(If I go outside, walk to the end of the block, and cock an ear in the general direction of the UK, I believe I can just hear our Mongrel woo-hooing about now.)

@ Cyclops: "… compared to Russia or Africa, so to make many people angry you have to lie hard." The dismalness of Russia is conceded but isn't "Africa" rather a broad brush with which to paint?
    Last edited by skh1; July 07, 2022 at 06:44 AM.

With a prescience eerie and strange, Morticia Iunia Brutus has correctly foretold the political demise of Boris Johnson who is expected to resign as head of the Tory Party later today. This will oblige him to step down as Prime Minister once a replacement has been elected this fall, if not sooner.
    Boris Johnson expected to resign as party revolts, but plays for time (msn.com)

(If I go outside, walk to the end of the block, and cock an ear in the general direction of the UK, I believe I can just hear our Mongrel woo-hooing about now.)
    Boris Johnson: the worst Prime Minister since Lord North.

Worser than Chamberlain?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Cope View Post
    Boris Johnson: the worst Prime Minister since Lord North.
    Probably the worst but one soon enough. One has to wonder how anything good could come out of the absolute snake pit that is British politics.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    Some fanatics have blown up America's Stonehenge, the Georgia Guidestones (Georgia Guidestones - Wikipedia)

‘America’s Stonehenge’ that some see as satanic torn down after bombing | US news | The Guardian

Republican fanatics are cheering:

But the monument drew occasional controversy from some who tied its message to far-right conspiracies or religious blasphemy.
    Prominent among them was the former Georgia gubernatorial candidate Kandiss Taylor, a third-place finisher in the 24 May Republican primary, who made removal of the monument part of her campaign platform, a stance spoofed by the TV comedian John Oliver.
    Following news of the Guidestones’ bombing, Taylor suggested on Twitter that the monument’s demise was an act of divine intervention. “God is God all by Himself. He can do ANYTHING He wants to do. That includes striking down Satanic Guidestones,” she tweeted.

Seems to me that the gaslighting Right is bringing the US down on Taliban level...

And satanic or far-right monument?

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles was engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[17] in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages were English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, and Russian.

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    2. Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    3. Unite humanity with a living new language.
    4. Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    8. Balance personal rights with social duties.
    9. Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    10. Be not a cancer on the Earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
    Guideline #1 calls for radically thinning the human population while Guideline #2 calls for practicing eugenics across all of society, and the rest of the Guidelines aren't much better in their contempt for individual rights and human dignity. Pretty sick monument - almost fascist, even. Blowing it up is wrong but it's hardly something we should be crying about.
    Last edited by Prodromos; July 07, 2022 at 09:28 AM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Praeses

This tourist trap/fringe philosophy seems a pretty nutty expression of free speech, I'm not entirely comfortable with vandals destroying private property, seems like the less sincere "BLM" rioters who wrecked stuff rather than expresed poltical views.

Have agree with Pro, the population reduction statement is disquieting, and its not like the real Stonehenge was destroyed. Its just a little bit of IRL trolling for some Twitter tools to high five themselves over. I wish these people wouldnt manifest soyjack energy so enthusiastically.

Guideline #1 calls for radically thinning the human population while Guideline #2 calls for practicing eugenics across all of society, and the rest of the Guidelines aren't much better in their contempt for individual rights and human dignity. Pretty sick monument - almost fascist, even.
    No they doesn't. #1 is not calling for mass murder nor is #2 calling for eugenics, more for a rational birth control, which is a good thing, as it prevents overpopulation.

Overpopulation is the root of poorness, environment destruction, climate change and mass starving of humans by famine in the Third World.

That there must be a Balance personal rights and social duties is common sense everywhere outside the Anglosphere.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; July 09, 2022 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Off-topic.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Bye bye Boris
    So long
    And don't come back
    Bye bye Boris
    I'd say they'll miss you
    But you were a lying hack
    Bye bye Boris
    And you very much
    Bye bye Boris
    The UK was better off under the dutch
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Sad to see him go

He looked funny