Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

This Atkins twitter is amazing.
    1) Rural whites are spoiled, ungrateful and all racists, unable to form class consciousness with non-whites, unsalvageable
    2) Btw I totally am for helping them, trust me. They are all screwed by plutocrats (says the one writing for the coastal elites)

https://twitter.com/DavidOAtkins/sta...49970570129409
    Perect example of White Liberal journalist.

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    So the other day, Thursday that is, I was talking to an Arab girl who I initially assumed was Arab Israeli. Turns out she's from Germany, born and raised in München, she came to Israel to study at TAU. The reason being, I'll just quote her: "I wanted to study in Arabic because I never really learned German and English good, because my whole family speaked Arabic."

What the kind of operation are they running over there? I get how she could get to primary school without learning German, but how would she get through it without learning German? I have a suspicion that she somehow went to an Arabic speaking school in Germany, because otherwise I can't see how she would have met the requirements to get into the university.
    Possible or maybe she went to a ghetto school of mostly kids of immigrant background, hence they never learned anything. They aren't uncommon in areas with high immigrant population.
    Generally what happens is that the local Education Ministry sets a quota like max 50% foreign kids because otherwise they don't learn the language and never progress.

Quote Originally Posted by NosPortatArma View Post
    Yeah, it's not suprising they don't learn the language. Literally NO demand is made on them to learn it... they get education in their own language, they have right to translators.
    Hmm... Doesn't sound much like a long term recipe for success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

The entire policy of immigration is based on short term goals ignoring long term evolution. The economic rationale is that immigrants ''pay'' for today's pensioners (meaning someone else will have to pay for immigrants pensions).

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The entire policy of immigration is based on short term goals ignoring long term evolution. The economic rationale is that immigrants ''pay'' for today's pensioners (meaning someone else will have to pay for immigrants pensions).
    yes thats the plan, that after we give them lots of free welfare they will start to pay back and save our economy!

we are still waiting... maybe we should bring in immigrants to pay for our immigration? i should probably not give the left any more ideas..

yes thats the plan, that after we give them lots of free welfare they will start to pay back and save our economy!

we are still waiting... maybe we should bring in immigrants to pay for our immigration? i should probably not give the left any more ideas..
    This depends on whether immigrants are net contributors to the economy or not. Same for their children, and further descendants... Et cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    This Atkins twitter is amazing.
    1) Rural whites are spoiled, ungrateful and all racists, unable to form class consciousness with non-whites, unsalvageable
    2) Btw I totally am for helping them, trust me. They are all screwed by plutocrats (says the one writing for the coastal elites)

https://twitter.com/DavidOAtkins/sta...49970570129409
    Perect example of White Liberal journalist.
    Michael Malice correctly points out: urban White liberal elites have simply transferred every negative stereotype of black people to the rural whites, because for filthy white liberals you can't be racist against white people, as critical race theorists argue.

The solution of the problems of rural whites is the economic annihilation of white liberals.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

"They're thieves! They're thieves! They're filthy little thieves! Where is it? Where is it? They stole it from us, our precious. Curse them! WE hates them! it's ours it is, and we wants it! We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious. They stole it from us. Sneaky little liberalses. Wicked, tricksy, false."

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

The economic program of infinite immigration makes absolutely no sense. It is hard to believe that there exist policy makers this stupid. I'm actually starting to wonder if this wasn't part of an ulterior motive.

Having actually experienced this first hand, most immigrants don't make enough money to pay anyone's pensions. If you go to a warehouse 90% of the workers are immigrants who don't complain, do our equivalent of hard labor and get paid minimum wage. The few that completely assimilate turn into whiny college kids.

Oh yeah in other news the Left Liberal paradigm is completely ed. Infighting within the Left, developing world crisis, and a general lack of trust by the populace. What are you guys expecting in the next ten or twenty years. How many of us will die from Mega Flu Ebola or a civil war do you think? Anyone think that at the very least we'll get a decent bread line? Or will it be nuclear devastation which gets us?

Seriously though, as a pessimist I can finally say: it's happening! Ron Paul was right, time to repent.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; July 21, 2019 at 02:40 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Green protester, 20, who caused chaos by gluing himself to a Brisbane street still lives with his parents in emission-spewing five-bedroom mansion with an infinity pool

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-mansion.html

''Extinction rebellion'' activist is a white liberal who never worked in his life and had a free ride thanks to parents money. The death of religions simply resulted in the creation of new religions where people can seek meaning. Overly materialistic lifestyle is simply not sufficient for people's happiness; this is where much of leftwing thought crashes. Even if everyone was well off, they'd still seek a reason for living. The more detached he is from the problems of the average dude, the further away he seeks meaning. It's not enough that his parents are rich and he doesn't have to work. He wants to be the world's saviour and you should praise him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    This depends on whether immigrants are net contributors to the economy or not. Same for their children, and further descendants... Et cetera.
    which depends on the kind of immigrant and also the economy he enters. thus turns out they are a drain most of the time

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Thing is most immigrants don't have that much money. So it is safe to say that the children won't have very much money either. Most of them will become working class and rather poor. So the only thing these genius economists achieved was increasing the size of the lower classes, creating more competition for the poor workers and basically having foreigners do slave labor. Even by the third generation when they will be sufficiently assimilated, they won't have that much money. At least in America anyway, imagine how much more the state spends on these projects in Europe. It would probably collapse the systems because there is no new capital going in, instead huge expenditures.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

which depends on the kind of immigrant and also the economy he enters. thus turns out they are a drain most of the time
    In the US? What kind of drain, economical? I have never heard of immigrants being an economic drain overall, as long as you believe in basic Liberal economic principles.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    In the US? What kind of drain, economical? I have never heard of immigrants being an economic drain overall, as long as you believe in basic Liberal economic principles.
    US situation is different from Swedish one, as your economy is larger, perhaps more free, has greater wage variation, less extensive welfare, and more simple jobs. I dont know wheter it is an economic gain for US, but I know its definitely not for Sweden. I am of course speaking about unskilled immigration, which is the bulk we get. unskilled would fare better in US for reasons above, but I would guess that US also has a higher portion of skilled immigrant also.

US situation is different from Swedish one, as your economy is larger, perhaps more free, has greater wage variation, less extensive welfare, and more simple jobs. I dont know wheter it is an economic gain for US, but I know its definitely not for Sweden. I am of course speaking about unskilled immigration, which is the bulk we get. unskilled would fare better in US for reasons above, but I would guess that US also has a higher portion of skilled immigrant also.
    Unskilled labor is generally what you get when you have substantial amount of immigrants (you aren't selecting for education levels anymore). I can't specifically speak to the Swedish economy, but I would imagine the general economic principles hold true. Especially given you guys have European levels of population growth (relatively low), unskilled labor is incredibly helpful. The worse you get is temporary decreases to unskilled labor wages, but that quickly rectifies as supplementary jobs are added to match the influx of laborers. You gotta have managers to wrangle the new workers, so to speak. This is why US unemployment is incredibly low despite the concerns of "immigrants taking our jobs". Is unemployment going up in Sweden or something?
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Unskilled labor is generally what you get when you have substantial amount of immigrants (you aren't selecting for education levels anymore). I can't specifically speak to the Swedish economy, but I would imagine the general economic principles hold true. Especially given you guys have European levels of population growth (relatively low), unskilled labor is incredibly helpful. The worse you get is temporary decreases to unskilled labor wages, but that quickly rectifies as supplementary jobs are added to match the influx of laborers. You gotta have managers to wrangle the new workers, so to speak. This is why US unemployment is incredibly low despite the concerns of "immigrants taking our jobs". Is unemployment going up in Sweden or something?
    It depends both on the nature of the migration and the host country. Movements of labour from the old imperial dominions and colonies to France and England has proven to be extremely financially successful on account of the rough familiarity between the migrants and the societies to which they were/are moving. South American migration to the US has also been profitable because of the US's general commitment to free market economics and the ease with which the shared Christian heritage of both continents has made integration. The situation in Sweden is completely different because their government saw the refugee crisis as a humanitarian responsibility rather than, as Germany did, an economic opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by ep1c_fail View Post
    It depends both on the nature of the migration and the host country. Movements of labour from the old imperial dominions and colonies to France and England has proven to be extremely financially successful on account of the rough familiarity between the migrants and the societies to which they were/are moving. South American migration to the US has also been profitable because of the US's general commitment to free market economics and the ease with which the shared Christian heritage of both continents has made integration. The situation in Sweden is completely different because their government saw the refugee crisis as a humanitarian responsibility rather than, as Germany did, an economic opportunity.
    Is this playing out in measurable economic ways? Unemployment going up, or wage decreasing or something? Again, I am not particularly familiar with Swedish economic terms, and economics does vary a bit with different nations. But Sweden is part of the EU, and I would imagine they very much need influxes of unskilled labor as does any nation with a decreasing population growth.

The complication is our generous welfare. Any immigrant who comes here and works increases gdp, that's true, but it's not enough. They must be productive enough, so that they on average pay more than they recieve in welfare. Since we are so generous, they need to be very productive in order to be a net contributor. So yes, technically immigration has boosted our economy in the sense of increasing absolute gdp, but it is killing our public finances. Generous welfare simply is not compatible with unskilled immigration. for most immigrant groups, their productivity is consistently lower than what it needs to be to break even. What happens with the kind of immigration we have, is essentially a net wealth transfer from the natives to the immigrants. in that sense, it's of course not an economic benefit.
    Last edited by NosPortatArma; July 21, 2019 at 04:19 AM.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    The economic program of infinite immigration makes absolutely no sense. It is hard to believe that there exist policy makers this stupid. I'm actually starting to wonder if this wasn't part of an ulterior motive.
    I don't know about where you're from, but here in Australia the local councils get funded per the head so they're all building high-rise apartments without investing in any infrustructure to support the incoming population.

Also the greater the population density, the higher property prices become (which is a thing people want, apparently). This means our GDP keeps not shrinking, although why we need 30 years of no-recessions under such an artifice is questionable.

Is this playing out in measurable economic ways? Unemployment going up, or wage decreasing or something? Again, I am not particularly familiar with Swedish economic terms, and economics does vary a bit with different nations. But Sweden is part of the EU, and I would imagine they very much need influxes of unskilled labor as does any nation with a decreasing population growth.
    The liberal elite and middle classes only profit from "influxes of unskilled labor" if that labor can actually integrate into the workforce. The Swedes accepted tens of thousands of refugees many of whom aren't even literate in their native languages, let alone Swedish. When you combine this with the cultural conflicts caused by the fusion of disparate societies and Sweden's generous welfare state the problems start becoming obvious.

"Unskilled immigrant labor" is a much longer term investment than people seem to think. Return on investment is more on second generation being skilled labor or educated labor and being at least in the upper five figures in salary if not six figures. And well, skilled labor these days can make a killing. If you have a good reputation as being trusted for the big town/small cities plumber, carpenter, HVAC, auto repair...you're easily in the six figures. Especially with the modern engineering products you're learning to install and the solutions you have to come up with for modern housing and vehicles.

Wanting immigrants to immediately be skilled or educated is a bit like wanting a college graduate with a bachelor's degree to have 5 years of experience(many cities went through this stage about 15 years ago). I mean, yes, we have the EB-X visas, but...when you're just taking in immigrants, you're not really expecting them to be sponsored for their professional knowledge.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.