Thread: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Discussion and Debate Community Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mithradates View Post
    Really? Are you saying that the Wagner mercenaries are commiting this crimes because they are Christians?...
    As i said they are are killed because they are muslims with beard.

Rightwing evangelical, misogyne, homophobe logic:

Every muslim bad = terrorist

Rightwing islamist, misogyne, homophobe logic:

Every christian bad = CIA /Mossad terrorist.

Both groups unable to think out of their clichy.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; June 27, 2022 at 08:24 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Morticia Iunia Bruti View Post
    As i said they are are killed because they are muslims with beard.

Rightwing evangelical, misogyne, homophobe logic:

Every muslim bad = terrorist

Rightwing islamist, misogyne, homophobe logic:

Every christian bad = CIA /Mossad terrorist.

Both groups unable to think out of their clichy.
    According to your article this was an operation of Malian armed forces supported by Wagner mercenaries

The GSIM and other extremist Islamist factions have sought to recruit among the pastoralist Peuhl by exploiting grievances with the government and other ethnic groups. According to survivors, those killed in Moura were all from the Peuhl community.

Héni Nsaibia, senior researcher at ACLED, said between 60 and 100 of those killed may have been unarmed Islamist militants, but the rest were civilians. Government forces found large quantities of weapons in Moura.

Several witnesses said the operation was led by white men speaking “a strange language” which some identified as Russian, though most of the soldiers who killed civilians were “Malian people”.
    90% of Malians are muslims btw.This includes the islamists, the government soldiers and the innocent civilians.

Several witnesses said the operation was led by white men speaking “a strange language” which some identified as Russian
    Still the orders to kill muslims with beards came from russian Wagner mercenaries. Those who gives the orders are responsible.

But you can stop arguing now. You are on my Ignore list. I have better to do than wasting my after-exam-holiday with your kind.

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Still the orders to kill muslims with beards came from russian Wagner mercenaries. Those who gives the orders are responsible.

But you can stop arguing now. You are on my Ignore list. I have better to do than wasting my after-exam-holiday with your kind.
    So it wasnt them who killed them, it was the other muslims who killed them, and the victims were all from the Peuhl community, suspected islamist militants, but that is not why they were killed, it was because they were bearded muslims. The other bearded muslims were spared because... yes.

"your kind", riiight...
    Careful now.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

https://www.yahoo.com/news/magnifice...111754215.html

See what decent countries do with other people's cultural heritage, oh vile English museum?
    England should take notice. Time to return the Elgin Marbles to their rightful place.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Would fit more in the history thread.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; June 27, 2022 at 01:33 PM.

Lmao SCOTUS’ 3 liberal justices unironically argue people shouldn’t be allowed to kneel on the field during sporting events at public schools, with Democrat politicians and media allies fawning over their dissent. The lack of self awareness is over 9000.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Kneeling during a song in protest vs. schools trying to inject some stupid religion into them. One of these things is not like the other.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Kneeling during a song in protest vs. schools trying to inject some stupid religion into them. One of these things is not like the other.
    So-called “antiracism” is a stupid religion. That hasn’t precluded the freedom of expression to ritualistically kneel on the field.
    Of these facts there cannot be any shadow of doubt: for instance, that civil society was renovated in every part by Christian institutions; that in the strength of that renewal the human race was lifted up to better things-nay, that it was brought back from death to life, and to so excellent a life that nothing more perfect had been known before, or will come to be known in the ages that have yet to be. - Pope Leo XIII

Citizen

If that makes you feel better.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked

A.B.A.P.

If this wasn't the cringiest, most virtue signaling empty piece of political theatre you've ever seen, well...

Citizen

Yep, super cringe. Still isn't them trying to force the Jewish zombie who's his own dad into schools.

A.B.A.P.

No, it's worse because of how tone deaf and historically backwards it is. Your take is just lame, like 2007 called and wants its edgy Richard Dawkins atheist books back. It is a meme at this point. In any case, it's not 2003. Show me the christians trying to "force the jewish zombie...into schools." Sounds pretty anti-semitic, by the way, everything else conceded. Is it that you dislike Christians, Jews, or both, and why?

edit: apologies, my original post came across as aggressive when I did not mean it that way, see the edits.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; June 27, 2022 at 08:49 PM.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Some comments...

I guess the christian russian mercenaries killed them simply because they were black muslims with beard.
    Wishful thinking, the Wagner-group are mercenaries and they would not even be in Mali in the first place - had not the regime of Mali hired them to do their bidding, to begin with... It is as simple as that. The fact is that this specific instance is not even listed in Wikis global terrorist attack index for 2022 - probably because it fails to correspond to the required terrorist definitions.

To suggest a narrative of the Wagner-group are some sort of Orthodox crusaders slaughtering Muslims in Mali for the sake of butchering Muslims in the name of Christianity - strikes me as hopelessly dishonest, false, artificial and irrational. It has zero credibility and makes zero sense. On the other hand, the very opposite scenario does have plenty of support and sanction within the primary sources of Islam (see Korans, for instance).

And the people in Oslo were killed because they were gay.
    That the victims were gays, is ultimately secondary. The victims were above all kafirs/unbelivers in the eyes of Islamic doctrine. As such, they have essentially no rights or value somehow in this world and should be oppressed, enslaved or killed whenever possible (according to Islam). As homosexuality is a big fat no-no in Islam, just made the targets extra tempting and legit for the jihadi terrorist, on top. In this way, the responsible jihadist was merely punishing them (his victims) for their open disregard for the “divine” order of Islam. Just as Islamic doctrine would have any pious Muslims do, mind you. So again, the victims basically died and were injured because they were not Muslims or for disregarding Islam – which is essentially the same thing (in Islamic doctrine anyways).

And now please people go on with THE MUH EVIL MUSLIM HATE SPEECH SHOW.
    Personally, I never really understood the leftist/PC-fetish for Islam as some sort of faked up victim, supposedly oppressed and unjustly mistreated minority-movement, in dire need of protection. Au contraire, Islam is one of the most oppressive, intolerant, discriminating, domineering and destructive movements the world have ever seen – with a longevity and scale in such activities that are second to none. Islam has systematically exterminated cultures, oppressed and harassed peoples and nations, promoted and sustained extensive slavery, spawned countless expansionist, aggressive wars and invasions across three continents for well over 1000 years. Add to that countless terrorist attacks and mayhem it spawned across (at least) four continents. Islam is anything but oppressed, innocent or peaceful – rather it is the freaking authority of the exact opposite, basically putting all other such notorious candidates to shame (including Christianity, Communism and Nazism). When will this movement answer for it all then? Oh, “righteous” PC-crowd, I wonder?

...Putins best friend Orban, Fuhrer of facist, racistic, homophobe Hungary.
    I doubt that many Hungarians would agree with or subscribe to that drastic description of their homeland. It is a bit over the top and on the hysterical side, if you ask me... BTW, Nazism and fascism are two different things. In case that matters...

As for the claimed right wing-islamists/jihadis…

I doubt that any such folk exists… The whole concept strikes me as construct in order to save some absurd leftist narrative. The reason is simple; the defining ideas of conservatism are not compatible with Islam. The two don’t go together. The Conservative/right wing core ideas are explicitly individualist, libertarian, traditionalist and elective, among other things. It is about personal ownership, choice and so forth. All of which are more or less in open conflict with most Islamic blatantly collectivist and totalitarian ideas. In short, it would not be possible to harmonize the two into some sort of cohesive synthesis, as it is. It simply won’t go together; they essentially cancel each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodromos View Post
    Are you sure that's not fake news cooked up by some far-right propagandist? Because I've been reliably informed that mass shootings only happen in America. I just checked and automatic rifles are illegal in Norway and semi-automatic firearms are heavily restricted as well, so I doubt these kinds of weapons were used in any attack.
    One can never be sure these days - especially if we don't happen to like the specific "news" in question - then it probably is propaganda by default. It is just more convenient that way, less troublesome complexity... Anyhow, one does not need such extravagant firearms in order to shoot, kill or injure lots of people - but it helps, of course.

- A

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    If this wasn't the cringiest, most virtue signaling empty piece of political theatre you've ever seen, well...

It puts the concept of hollow to shame... Anyways, notice the guy on the right, with the napkin under his knee! Yup, this is from the heart, all da way!

- A

Holy , I never even noticed that before

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

It's sad and pathetic, I would not partake in it. The guilt I may bear or not is nobodies business but mine and the ones I owe. Knees however can hurt when people get old lol.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    It puts the concept of hollow to shame... Anyways, notice the guy on the right, with the napkin under his knee! Yup, this is from the heart, all da way!

- A
    Not a fan of politicians in general, but an old man cushioning his knee on a hard floor isnt any reason to be triggered.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

I was more thinking along the lines that he didn’t want to sully his fancy suit while partaking in this fake virtue fest. As if his fancy suit was more important then the supposed cause as such. I could be wrong thou. Triggered? Not really...

- A

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    I was more thinking along the lines that he didn’t want to sully his fancy suit while partaking in this fake virtue fest. As if his fancy suit was more important then the supposed cause as such. I could be wrong thou. Triggered? Not really...

- A
    So old people suffervarous complaints, if he has knee inflammation a bit of oaddong might help?

As he's a politician i accept on principle hes done horrendous things but dont fall into reverse orange-man-bad-ism, you might look like youre triggered like a Hilary supporter in 2016
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat