Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    These are fantastic suggestions, you guys! The only thing I would add to police reforms, modern weaponry, nukes, biological warfare, zombies and mutants would have to be Cyberdyne Terminator robots going back into the distant past to kill the ancient ancestors of John Connor within our EBII time frame, just to make sure that John Connor or anyone like him can ever be born to lead the human resistance and challenge the rise of the machines and Skynet. It's a convenient excuse to add Arnold Schwarzenegger into the game anyway.
    > Installs Roma_Victrix's Judgement Day submod

> Boots up the Makedonian campaign

> Starting popup informs that Pyrrhos Aiakades is the ancestor of John Connor

> Realizes that it's either unlock better buildings or preserve the future of humanity

> Kills Pyrrhos anyways

> Dooms humanity

> Dynastic Administration though

> Recruits a unit of Hypaspitai

> Orders it to kill Areus Agiades during the siege of Sparta

> Post-battle popup informs he's the ancestor of Kyle Reese

> mfw

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    > Installs Roma_Victrix's Judgement Day submod

> Boots up the Makedonian campaign

> Starting popup informs that Pyrrhos Aiakades is the ancestor of John Connor

> Realizes that it's either unlock better buildings or preserve the future of humanity

> Kills Pyrrhos anyways

> Dooms humanity

> Dynastic Administration though

> Recruits a unit of Hypaspitai

> Orders it to kill Areus Agiades during the siege of Sparta

> Post-battle popup informs he's the ancestor of Kyle Reese

> mfw
    Targets terminated. Skynet thanks you for your service.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Following the trend of folk metal every sarmatian kid is into nowadays, I suggest giving EBII a new anthem :

Last edited by Domaje; September 09, 2020 at 07:57 AM.

Carthage's election system for Rab Mahnet now uses the electoral college. Barcid, Anti-Barcid, or unaffiliated governors of each province will contribute 1 electoral vote to their candidate residing in Qart-Hadhast. Now if you don't like how politics is developing in Qart-Hadhast you can conquer all of Gaul with their sub-800 population capitals and station pro-Barcid cronies there. Good luck acquiring Barcid FMs though...

Yes! It's time to make Carthage Barcid again!

Inspired by an old MT2W submod with armies of Barack Obama versus Mitt Romney clones, there should be a submod where there are two huge superpower factions on the map, one controlled by Joe Biden with every family member named Joe Biden and all the soldiers in every army looking like Joe Biden, while the opposing empire is headed by Donald Trump, with every family member named Donald Trump, and all the soldiers in every army looking like Donald Trump. They will all wield 2020 campaign signs as melee weapons and bludgeoning tools during field battles and sieges.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

The mod should be changed in all ways and details to just how *I* like it.

This is because everyone should like exactly what I like.

I know this is true because I'm "special".

My mom said so.

Berserk Agema Phalangitai

New building: reeducation camps. Amplifies existing cultural conversion by 300%, but the script places 30% temporary unrest in settlements that have just constructed them.

New map: fix the abhorrent gerrymandering of EBII provinces that the EBII team insidiously established. That means Delmatia AKA Bosnia gets access to the Adriatic Strait, Amaseia looses access to the Pontic Sea, and Skythiapolis no longer has a port cutting the Crimean Greek region in half. In addition, Kambudunnon no longer controls land over the Alps making it no longer financially responsible for paying for Celtic civilians' being raided by the Romans. They're on their own.

Great suggestions, Shoebopp! Hopefully the EBII team will listen to this valuable input and implement them all.

In relation to that new thread on how many cavalry units one should have in their army, why has nobody suggested proportions for artillery? If not half of a full stack, each one of your offensive besieging armies should be supported by an entire full stack allied army of Oxybeles bolt shooters and Lithobolos stone throwers, or the Roman equivalents: Scorpion and Onager. That way you can tear down each and every wall section and tower of the city before feeling comfortable enough to enter for reduced casualties on your side. It's a no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That way you can tear down each and every wall section and tower of the city before feeling comfortable enough to enter for reduced casualties on your side. It's a no brainer!
    But the property damage though. Siege engines are inaccurate and they'll probably end up wiping out half the residential districts and and public infrastructure. We're trying to capture, not destroy the city. Unless you want to make an example of those with enough hubris to build level 5 walls?

Write a script to change unit names to singular in the rare case that exactly one soldier is left.

160 Toxotai, but 1 Toxotes
    160 Hastati, but 1 Hastatus
    160 Speudogordoz, but 1 Speudogordaz (I think ... I wish I'd paid more attention in proto-Germanic class now)
    160 Kauntikas, but 1 Kauntiks (same, my Sanskrit is a bit rusty)
    160 Minsarin, but 1 Minsarim (Maybe? Help! I don't know nothin' about Semitic languages)

Bonus: Use the dual (where applicable), if there happen to be exactly two soldiers left: 160 Toxotai, but 2 Toxota and 1 Toxotes (only applies to areas where more archaic forms of Greek are spoken). Same thing for Vedic Sanskrit: 160 Kauntikas, but 2 Kauntikau and 1 Kauntiks.

Find a way to make the change mid-battle, if needed.

A Europa Barbarorum Sourcebook in the same format as those Osprey Books. Each book contains all the text, research and lovely images of that faction and their units.

EB2 provides a wealth of info that sadly goes unnoticed due to it being a niche mod that only a few hundreds maybe able to play and even fewer would be able to completely read all the knowledge that mod provides.

[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Following the trend of folk metal every sarmatian kid is into nowadays, I suggest giving EBII a new anthem :

Holy crap that is cool. Wonder if I could get that on spotify somehow...

give Pyrrhos the "Easily Distracted" trait
    . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    A Europa Barbarorum Sourcebook in the same format as those Osprey Books. Each book contains all the text, research and lovely images of that faction and their units.

EB2 provides a wealth of info that sadly goes unnoticed due to it being a niche mod that only a few hundreds maybe able to play and even fewer would be able to completely read all the knowledge that mod provides.

[IMG]
    I must get my hands on a copy of this!

Also, might I make a humble suggestion that the campaign map should be narrated by the character Christopher Moltisanti from The Sopranos as he verbally interprets various things like diplomatic exchanges, laying siege to towns and cities, initiating battles, putting new units into the recruitment queue or buildings in the construction queue, that sort of thing. For instance, here he is weighing in on various current events: https://twitter.com/MoltisantiThots

There should be an extra diplomacy option labeled "Ligma". The resulting dialogue goes like this:

"It's so sad that Antigonos Ptolemaios died of Ligma"

"Who the hell is Antigonos Ptolemaios?"

"Ligma balls"

This closes the scroll immediately afterwards, triggers war between you and the other faction, and plunges factional standings between you two. Your international reputation skyrockets to Immaculate though for pulling this off.

It's time to show this thread some love again. Taking advantage of my head being messed up by an illness, I present you:
    Hatjahallthozis: Chatti Elder infantry. Can perform war cry that demoralizes all nearby units and has a chance of killing some enemies.
    Peltastai Kretines: stupid peltasts. Have perfect morale but low attack and defense skill. They can't figure out which end is for sticking into the enemy.
    Cohors Invocata: a band of demons summoned by the priests. Can be only recruited in cities with maxed temple. Will go berserk, but you'll need a special unit to banish them.

I'm only gonna buy RomeTW Remastered if there is an EB mod for it.

Sadly already I cannot play RTW on my new laptop anymore.
    Last edited by William the Silent; September 28, 2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    It's time to show this thread some love again. Taking advantage of my head being messed up by an illness, I present you:
    Hatjahallthozis: Chatti Elder infantry. Can perform war cry that demoralizes all nearby units and has a chance of killing some enemies.
    Peltastai Kretines: stupid peltasts. Have perfect morale but low attack and defense skill. They can't figure out which end is for sticking into the enemy.
    Cohors Invocata: a band of demons summoned by the priests. Can be only recruited in cities with maxed temple. Will go berserk, but you'll need a special unit to banish them.
    Nice.

To this I would add the hybrid Republican Roman Polybian (and Marian) equites Cretan horse archer. They would be recruited only on Crete and in Rome once SPQR conquers Crete or Koinon Hellenon captures the city of Rome itself. These cavalry soldiers would basically look exactly like regular Cretan archers except for having late Republican Roman cavalry helmets, their shields strapped to the backs, and riding steeds with Roman trappings instead of Hellenistic ones. Marian era upgrades give them cataphract armored horses for dealing with the Parthians and Seleucids.