Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Dual-wielding Spendonetai Epilektoi. The game needs them.
    I don't know what's more hilarious: if they're an overpowered unit with the stats of Thorakitai Epilektoi and a sling sidearm or a bunch of wackos with two slings swinging both at once and charging at the enemy

Taksashila now has a data scientist game mechanic in the form of a second military reforms. Should you fight 100 battles against each faction, collecting gobs of battlefield data, the Taksashilan data scientists will analyze them to create the ultimate unit: Sphendonatai Cataphracts except they sling Cataphract Elephants at the enemy instead of stones.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Taksashila now has a data scientist game mechanic in the form of a second military reforms. Should you fight 100 battles against each faction, collecting gobs of battlefield data, the Taksashilan data scientists will analyze them to create the ultimate unit: Sphendonatai Cataphracts except they sling Cataphract Elephants at the enemy instead of stones.
    However, if used on the zipper day, also bartix and the faction that replaces armenia can recruit the Sphendonetai Elefantoi in the rivers of Paropamisadai.
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    the Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project,
    and the Broken Crescent + Buff and Shine.
    ........................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Pros and cons of having merchants in an M2TW mod. Arguments against the forts in M2TW.
    Home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. No good mod yet, alas!
    Dominant strategy in Rome 2 TW and Attila TW: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!
    .................................................................................................................................................................................
    Developer of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, script fixing, guides, historical improvements

Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now

I don't know what's more hilarious: if they're an overpowered unit with the stats of Thorakitai Epilektoi and a sling sidearm or a bunch of wackos with two slings swinging both at once and charging at the enemy
    Two slings are better than one!

We did it everybody! We made the most horrible suggestion possible!

I was thinking of the elite dual shooting slingers equipped with maille and dual-wielding thureos shields for melee. Their shield-bash attacks being AP because of the blunt concussive force!
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 31, 2020 at 01:10 PM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    I was thinking of the elite dual shooting slingers equipped with maille and dual-wielding thureos shields for melee. Their shield-bash attacks being AP because of the blunt concussive force!
    That would require four arms... GENERAL KENOBI

Roma_Victrix's Avatar I am your sovereign now

That would require four arms... GENERAL KENOBI
    I know just the man for the job. EB II team, make it happen! RELEASE THE GORO:

I've got an idea how to make Pahlava more fun and interesting:

Every time when the FL dies all FMs from the same generation with the FH go Eleutheroi and go after the FH. The last man standing is made the new FL. Also, the new FL gets +1 Authority for each competitor removed.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; June 12, 2020 at 10:46 AM.

Change the Pritanoi entertainment building to "Football Field"
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; June 14, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

Cue "Ancient Football Field"
    Change Makedonian prebattle song to this:

'member those population growth control buildings from Roma Surrectum II? How they would absolutely break population management by making historical lack of manpower absolutely meaningless? To replicate that in EBII, add a "Supersoldier Cloning Facility" building that acts as an exponential population multiplier. The converse is the "Condom Distribution Program" building, which drops the Total Fertility Rate so low that the population takes a nosedive. Now the Averni player can easily max out development of every nearby settlement before the Riders Reform while the Carthaginian Player can reduce Qart-Hadast to two gas stations and a house in no time.

Faction in control of Syracousai can build an advanced weapon research facility allowing them to construct steam cannons and solar laser artillery. Recruitable in this one city. Later it can be upgraded for building clockwork mecha and oar-powered gunships.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; June 17, 2020 at 08:54 AM.

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely late Herunoudozez

They have eschewed their shields for tasers and flash bang grenades