Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

You know, I've been thinking. The Areuakoi and Lusotannon factions both allow their generals to acquire enormous herds of cattle over their lifetimes. And this has got me frustrated: why can I not deploy these cattle in battle?! After all, the Carthaginians deployed these troops in the Battle of Ager Falernus, which is clearly something they adapted from Iberian battle tactics, so when am I going to be able to use flaming battle cattle in a cattle battle? I thought this was a mod that purported to care about historical accuracy, and yet the lazy devs haven't even gotten around to the very centerpiece of Iberian warfare! SAD! It honestly seems like they don't care about fleshing the Iberian factions out at all!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Sabean armies should ride on giant sandworms and terraform Arabia. The incense must flow.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Spent half my weekend putting this together for my personal mod. Hopefully Total War Arena will crossover the iconic units from all the different Total Wars.

I've always wanted to make a Total War that utilizes a reform system similar to EB's but the timeframe will span from Rome to Boshin War. There's enough mod content for M2 to provide the suitable material and units. Maybe when a settlement reaches a certain population level instead of building walls you can "age up" like in Empire Earth/Age of Empires. Unfortunately M2's hardcoded limits have put me off from this massive project.

Still haven't figured out the animation and skeleton unpacking; for some reason the tools refuse to work and EB2 keeps crashing when I try to put guns in. So the Line Infantry unit here are just glorified clubmen.

See if anyone can guess the unit and from which Total War game they belong to.

https://gfycat.com/AdmirableCostlyHousefly

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Sabean armies should ride on giant sandworms and terraform Arabia. The incense must flow.
    Rather simplistic, don't you think?

It would be etter if Sabaean reforms were triggered by marrying your princess to KH general with specific traits, and then you get sandworms.

Hey i hope the next update will finally bring in the historical accuracy we need because the team seems to have forgotten the 'Antartic horde' .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Wow, that IS crazy, IGdood I'd say that's an EB2 elephant, EB2 principes, and EB2 Bataroi. Then that looks like the Roman-esque unit on the far upper right (in the card tray, not on screen) is more from that 500 AD era mod set in Britain whose name I'm forgetting.

The 4th from left 200 unit looks Japanese but I'm not sure what mods set that period in M2TW. It doesn't quite look like its neighbor across the water, Rise of Three Kingdoms.

The orc almost looks more Warcrafty than TATW but I could go either way.

Some of the fancier modern stuff might be 1648 but I'm not as certain.

Best I got is:
    African Elephants (EBII), Orc Boyz (Call of Warhammer) Forlorn Hope or Generic Zweihanders (IDK, Stainless Steel?) Two Japanese units (again, IDK), Marines from either the League of Privateers or Faustian Reich (THERA) Polybian Principes (EBII) Two more Japanese Cavalry units (IDK), Legio Comitatensis (Invasio Barbarorum II) and Bataroi (EBII)

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

OMG! WHERE ARE THE MEDIEVAL CASTLES?! WHERE ARE THE EARLY MODERN STAR FORTS?! THIS IS BULL CRAP. I WANT MY MONEY BACK, EB II TEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    It would be etter if Sabaean reforms were triggered by marrying your princess to KH general with specific traits, and then you get sandworms.
    Yeah and the sandworm is a family member birthed by that princess. So what would that trait be... from the Dune Dynasty?

An immortal sandworm emperor with ambition to conquer the whole map but always the chance to die when crossing a river, the sea or if the Maryab dam breaks.

Per our discussion in the EB II Twitter updates thread, we need the Chinese to invent gunpowder more than 1000 years before they did historically so that we can have upgrades of high-tech futuristic Romans with machine guns and Greek hoplites with early modern firearms.

Um, excuse me, but where are the DINOSAURS?!!!

WE MUST REVIVE THE DINOTOPIA ONCE MORE.

I mean, duh, the dinosaurs from India served as mercenaries in the Roman Empire against the Parthians. Evidence right here (filed right next to my other documents proving that the ancient Shang Dynasty of China and Olmecs of Mexico were black Africans from Nubia):

https://i.imgur.com/VHLY7n3.jpg

Imagine Hannibal riding these absolute units over the Alps.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

It's about time it get acknowledged, indeed!
    Just a note that the Ceratopsids were especially integrated into the phalanx warefare of the hellenistic states, something that's to often overlooked.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    It's about time it get acknowledged, indeed!
    Just a note that the Ceratopsids were especially integrated into the phalanx warefare of the hellenistic states, something that's to often overlooked.

Dammit. Why do you do these things right after I've already repped you for another post?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Um, excuse me, but where are the DINOSAURS?!!!
    Also, notice how that raptor is peacefully marching down the steps. Does he look even remotely interested in ripping chunks out of those happy flower girls? NO! Yet more evidence of Hollywood's never-ending effort to malign the raptors' reputation.

And speaking of Hollywood, one thing they always get right is that ALL ancient civilizations speak perfect English. As if the Romans actually spoke some Catholic ceremonial language instead of perfectly accented English! This whole EB "voice mod" thing is a pathetic joke. They can't find anybody with a decent English accent, so instead they babble nonsense and try to pass it off as "ancient languages". What.ev.er.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Also, notice how that raptor is peacefully marching down the steps. Does he look even remotely interested in ripping chunks out of those happy flower girls? NO! Yet more evidence of Hollywood's never-ending effort to malign the raptors' reputation.
    Thats probably because the "peacefull raptor" lacks the distinctive sickle claw of the dromeosaurs (raptors) so it's probably more an omnivorous Ornitholestes or something like that. But if you could get some Drapanai riding Utahraptors, that would be fun.... Not so much for the happy flowers girls though....

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post

And speaking of Hollywood, one thing they always get right is that ALL ancient civilizations speak perfect English. As if the Romans actually spoke some Catholic ceremonial language instead of perfectly accented English! This whole EB "voice mod" thing is a pathetic joke. They can't find anybody with a decent English accent, so instead they babble nonsense and try to pass it off as "ancient languages". What.ev.er.
    EXACTLY! Hollywood and EBII, two peas in a pod filled with lies and deceit, and denying the glory of the dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Thats probably because the "peacefull raptor" lacks the distinctive sickle claw of the dromeosaurs (raptors) so it's probably more an omnivorous Ornitholestes or something like that. But if you could get some Drapanai riding Utahraptors, that would be fun.... Not so much for the happy flowers girls though....
    Or as Rad offered in a conversation with me recently: T-Rex cataphracts. Oh yeah.

They have the mass and the hit points, and with a long enough lance, they could have a very big charge bonus.

Import chariot ballistas from Barbarian Invasion