Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Give the Romans some personality. Make one faction sound like ancient nazis (and give them a coat of arms with swords on it), make one sound like ancient communists (they could be red) and make one sound like ancient British empire (they can have a dog because the British love dogs, they can be blue because the communists are already red)
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

Have a random event where society collapses and Ron Paul has to save your faction and civilization as we know it from The HappeningTM.

Free Kekistan

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    FEAR THE REFLECTIVE SOLAR DEATH RAY OF ARCHIMEDES, ROMAN!

Come to think of it, I did mention this in my original post, didn't I? We've finally come full circle, guys! Hurray!
    What? Read the OP? No one reads the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Yeah, you're right, I should probably apologize to them for the clear libel committed against them. I can think of no better way to apologize than to make them characters and family members in EB II for various factions.

This game doesn't have enough RELIGION!!!!!!! Judaism, Buddhism and Zoroastrianism (all present in the EB timeframe) should be able to conquer the world. Moreover, there should be giant characters walking the campaign map that serve as full-stack armies, including Moses, Gautama Buddha, and Zoroaster. On the battle map they should be roughly the height of the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man from Ghostbusters (1984). The same can be said for Zeus, Jupiter, and Ahura Mazda.

EB2 is the New EB.
    Neo means New.

So, EB2 needs Neo Religions. And Neo.
    You can't have the Red Pill vs Blue Pill event without Neo.

I mean, what kind of historically accurate game would this be without the Red vs Blue issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Go to your EDB, find the relevant lines for ports and add recruitment lines for pirates. Voilà, you can play as (with) pirates.

If you play with your pirates too much, you go blind.

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

This is a historically accurate mod, right? Change the map to reflect the truth of Earth's geography. Finland is clearly a lie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland_does_not_exist

Free Kekistan

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

The map is already plenty accurate. There's no such thing as Bielefeld to be found anywhere.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Give the Romans the fascist salute animation.

According to Roman historians, the legions were superior and could mop up any enemy with minimal casualties. How come when I play, so many of my elite troops die? Pls fix this

EBII needs more of this: https://youtu.be/dsagRVAW38I. I mean come on, isn't this mod supposed to be historically correct?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Yes! Who could forget the famous battle where a handful of Suebic Berserkers annihilated a thousand times as many Parthians, in alliance with the Romans no less?

Re-name this thread "The thread for great suggestions".

Quote Originally Posted by wojtekimbier View Post
    According to Roman historians, the legions were superior and could mop up any enemy with minimal casualties. How come when I play, so many of my elite troops die? Pls fix this
    In contrast, Romans should always have massive casualties or lose battles constantly, considering just how hilariously more popular and famous their defeats are over their numerous victories in historiography and pop culture in general.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Personally I've been waiting for the super hero period piece, or for them to enter the historical battlefield.
    What do you say? I have this idea in mind

Captain Augustus: Big man in a suit of lorica. Take that off, what are you?

Stark Anthony: Philosopher, legion, Cupid, patron.

Captain Augustus: I know Gauls with none of that worth X of you.

Civil War ensured
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 29, 2017 at 02:20 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Your photoshopping skills are fantastic. And, of course, EB II could use the whole cast of Marvel Comics characters.

The Polybian Reform don't Trigger.

I Have Conquered North Gaul, Massalia and the Settlements North the Spanish Bordder, Wipe out the Aedui, Conquer Sicila ( Without Syracus ) , Sardinia and Korsika, Fight Over 5 More Unit 10 Enemy Armies of Carthage ( Most of them Auto battles ) .

WHere is my bad? The Reform don't trigger

I have Capture Now 3 Settlements West of Carthage

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    The Polybian Reform don't Trigger.

I Have Conquered North Gaul, Massalia and the Settlements North the Spanish Bordder, Wipe out the Aedui, Conquer Sicila ( Without Syracus ) , Sardinia and Korsika, Fight Over 5 More Unit 10 Enemy Armies of Carthage ( Most of them Auto battles ) .

WHere is my bad? The Reform don't trigger

I have Capture Now 3 Settlements West of Carthage
    For starters, there are threads where you can learn about and discuss this sort of thing. And secondly...

Miles

Use the invasion mechanics to let the Greenskin waaagh start in Araby......
    Totally a good Idea ja?

I noticed that the region capital of Sweden is called HleifPoz or something. Now, this is completely unrealistic. Not only have I never heard of HleifPoz, but on the map it is even located in Denmark! The capital of Sweden is located in Sweden and called Stockholm. So you should change that.

Besides the geographical mistake us Swedes are also culturally misrepresented, with not a single Viking or crayfish party in sight. Stockholm has some great museums, like the Vasa Museum and the ABBA Museum, so you could add those as unique buildings. Maybe an IKEA trade resource?

And why not an "Olmec Invasion" DLC? Total lack of vision by the devs here.
    EBII Council