Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by paulhewsoon1 View Post
    Here are my suggestions:

- Put the map of America like in MTW2 with Mayans and maybe some south americans cultures. Funny to see them clashing.
    - I remember reading the creators tried it, but is there anyway to return the seleucid leggionaries (as unhistoricals as they were)?
    There should be an Olmec civilization invasion option similar to the Aztecs in M2TW.

Why do none of the generals in EB II have special abilities???!!! They need special abilities on the battlefield!!! Like the TATW mod and submods, with generals like Boromir who can raise and lock morale for troops of Gondor. Or Orc/Nazgul generals who can temporarily paralyze enemy troops or frighten them into routing. Only it should be EB II appropriate with Greek/Hellenistic special abilities like summoning the winds and waves of Poseidon and the storms/lightning bolts of Zeus. The Sweboz should be able to summon Thor's hammer to rain down from the sky and strike his enemies. The Parthians should have a giant Ahura Mazda that can be summoned to flap his eagle wings, creating a whirlwind that swallows and sweeps away enemy soldiers. The Romans should have Jupitar or Mars do something equally cool, same with Carthage and Baal.

And where's ISIS? Why isn't ISIS in the game? I mean, we should have the Egyptian goddess Isis, but we should also have ISIS as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    And where's ISIS? Why isn't ISIS in the game? I mean, we should have the Egyptian goddess Isis, but we should also have ISIS as well.

There's a wonderful movie that illustrates how well suicide squads worked before invention of decent explosives, which is why we can't have ISIS in EBII.

Spawning Scylla monster near the Sicily destroying fleets.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe you could add Greek gods as units? Zeus can be a missile unit and throws lighting bolts at the enemies.

There should be a massively armored elite cataphract horse archer unit in the game that can defeat any and all of the heaviest infantry in the game, without charging, and in tight quarters like city streets, without any need for flanking!

Also, this mod has a serious lack of Arnold as the Terminator.

Also, this mod has a serious lack of Arnold as the Terminator.
    Erm no. What it needs is Ursus.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Erm no. What it needs is Ursus.
    False! What it needs is the Cyclops, which spells doom for Rome.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

We should be able to recruit tanks in Babylon, but only one unit, more would be ahistorical.

"First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Tanks and cataphracts, a significant military advantage. If not the monster trucks I mentioned on a previous page.

So, the Seleucid empire, the Ptolemies, Pyrrhus - they had the best scholars the Hellenic world had to offer.

But we're not giving them credit for making an incredibly basic connection, it's honestly kinda insulting.

I mean, when you have the Polybolos (and don't say they didn't!), and you have the Elephant... what kind of moron WOULDN'T put a few on top and make a portable firebase?

Ancient folks weren't dumb. Free the Polybolephant.

It's a travesty that polybolephant isn't in the dictionary already. Oxford take note!

Dont you think Elephant faction could fill all the roles with their units on battlefield? Imagine all Indian and African elephants united smashing through gates of every fortified city, looting and sending old elephant diplomats traveling far to negotiate trade rights with Sweboz. Shadowy Elephant assassins sneaking into Seleucid settlements.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Dont you think Elephant faction could fill all the roles with their units on battlefield? Imagine all Indian and African elephants united smashing through gates of every fortified city, looting and sending old elephant diplomats traveling far to negotiate trade rights with Sweboz. Shadowy Elephant assassins sneaking into Seleucid settlements.
    Yes! Finally! Historical accuracy! On top of that, there should be a steppe faction of horses, with horse generals and horse soldiers that turn conquered cities into stables. Beware the horse spy and the horse assassin!

Yes! Finally! Historical accuracy! On top of that, there should be a steppe faction of horses, with horse generals and horse soldiers that turn conquered cities into stables. Beware the horse spy and the horse assassin!
    See also these historical records: https://imgur.com/a/K1utf

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    See also these historical records: https://imgur.com/a/K1utf
    And while some of the nobility agreed, the majority rose in rebellion- not just humans, but also horses seeking to settle old grudges and stirrup trouble. A bitter civil war would result as Rainbow Dash sought to make her new Empire a stable one.
    HORSEMAN APPROVES!

Laetus

While this current version of EBII may work for the n00b peasants, I will not stand for this!

I -DEMAND- that all traits and events are randomized through a dice roll. Infact all battles and AI decisions should be aswell. And to keep the player from fiddling with the dices EBII should come with it's own build in DungeonMaster.
    We all know that roleplaying is -the- way to gain total historical accuracy.

Oh and away with the new unit models. I want to be able to order one online and then spent hours painting them!

Apani's Avatar Senator

You know what this mod needs? Pirates. Why the hell can't you play as pirates

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    You know what this mod needs? Pirates. Why the hell can't you play as pirates
    Go to your EDB, find the relevant lines for ports and add recruitment lines for pirates. Voilą, you can play as (with) pirates.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Go to your EDB, find the relevant lines for ports and add recruitment lines for pirates. Voilą, you can play as (with) pirates.
    Or, you could work on the mod so hard that Illyrians pirates become a faction.