Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

OMG, WHERE ARE THE GODS? WHERE IS ZEUS? WHERE IS JUPITER? AHURA MAZDA? We need a battle royale of the gods in this mod. Otherwise it's totally not historically accurate. Well, thankfully the EB II team has come around!

If this mod is to redeem itself at all, it needs to incorporate all the characters from the God of War series, with epic first-person quests built into the game as your generals confront various sea monsters, deities who've descended down to Earth in human form, and oracles providing you with missions on the campaign map.

There's so much stuff the team could use from Age of Mythology!

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    OMG, WHERE ARE THE GODS? WHERE IS ZEUS? WHERE IS JUPITER? AHURA MAZDA? We need a battle royale of the gods in this mod. Otherwise it's totally not historically accurate. Well, thankfully the EB II team has come around!

dude... Stop wasting your time here and start producing more propaganda that the eb team adds the late hellenistic lancers in 2.2b! We still have to convince them to add them early!

Gosh that would be awesome tbh. And they should actually make aom 2! This was the first pc game i ever played

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    dude... Stop wasting your time here and start producing more propaganda that the eb team adds the late hellenistic lancers in 2.2b! We still have to convince them to add them early!
    Believe me, I've tried, but the gods of EB II just won't listen! We'll be lucky if we get those Aspiadotai late heavy Hellenistic lancers anytime soon.

I have a new suggestion: in addition to the revolt/rebellion script of reemerging factions, I think that certain regions should also be allowed to have referendums to leave your empire and become rebel states again. This applies to England and Wales region, and Scotland for that matter (why not throw Northern Ireland into the mix, since it is also a territory you can conquer), as well as Catalonia, Basque country, Brittany (that's in France), Corsica, Occitania, Bavaria, South Tyrol, Sardinia, Sicily, Veneto, Northern Epirus in Greece, Flanders and Wallonia in Belgium, Cyprus (the northern part at least), Kosovo, Crimea, Chechnya, and the Caucasus!

In essence, much of the campaign map.

And each time you get a "Referendum Successful" message on the campaign map, this is the picture used in the pop-up scroll:

However, to counteract this, the territory that just rebelled against you gets a -1000 mnai economic penalty each turn that hurts its ability to recruit more troops and build new infrastructure.

@Alex33
    I'm not sure if you know this already but there is a Age of Mythology Extended edition on steam with a dlc called "Tale of the Dragon" which adds in new content.
    On a plus side all of it is on sale until July 4th.

Back on topic, you should totally make elephants act more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89CO6mnZuw
    Better yet this...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by TheCataphract; June 24, 2016 at 07:59 AM.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

I have a new suggestion: in addition to the revolt/rebellion script of reemerging factions, I think that certain regions should also be allowed to have referendums to leave your empire and become rebel states again. This applies to England and Wales region, and Scotland for that matter (why not throw Northern Ireland into the mix, since it is also a territory you can conquer), as well as Catalonia, Basque country, Brittany (that's in France), Corsica, Occitania, Bavaria, South Tyrol, Sardinia, Sicily, Veneto, Northern Epirus in Greece, Flanders and Wallonia in Belgium, Cyprus (the northern part at least), Kosovo, Crimea, Chechnya, and the Caucasus!

In essence, much of the campaign map.

And each time you get a "Referendum Successful" message on the campaign map, this is the picture used in the pop-up scroll:

However, to counteract this, the territory that just rebelled against you gets a -1000 mnai economic penalty each turn that hurts its ability to recruit more troops and build new infrastructure.
    To go even further: I think we should cut off the Pritanoi from the rest of the map! Since their descendants have made it abundantly clear they want nothing to do with the continent, we should just make the Channel an impassible waterway traversable only to the glorious Briton navy.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCataphract View Post
    @Alex33
    I'm not sure if you know this already but there is a Age of Mythology Extended edition on steam with a dlc called "Tale of the Dragon" which adds in new content.
    On a plus side all of it is on sale until July 4th.

Back on topic, you should totally make elephants act more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j89CO6mnZuw
    Better yet this...
    Instant rep. For both that epic picture and that hilarious RTW battle. Lol. I guess those 20,000 Romans should have used some pila and javelins on those elephants, if not scorpion and onager artillery rounds to bring them down! Seriously, I've never seen anything so ridiculously overpowered. It was sure fun watching the amount of air those Romans got, though! Some of them flew a good 50 ft!

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    To go even further: I think we should cut off the Pritanoi from the rest of the map! Since their descendants have made it abundantly clear they want nothing to do with the continent, we should just make the Channel an impassible waterway traversable only to the glorious Briton navy.
    Sounds about right.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    Being serious for a moment, please don't think too badly of us. The margin was less than 2% for a reason - a truly massive number of us want to remain. One day - probably when I'm an old man (I'm 25 now) - we'll try to rejoin, and people on the continent will ask us why we wanted to leave one day and rejoin the next. They won't understand - perhaps can't understand - that it was the angry elderly and the angry poor who wanted us to leave; the rest of us wanted to stay. They won't understand that the people who took us out have been long dead by the time we want to come back. It's not even that we want to have to come back; we never wanted to leave in the first place. My son won't have half the opportunities I had growing up, and mine were hardly huge thanks to the 2008 recession.

I know people are upset, but please don't think we all wanted this to happen.

Start a civil war, like, right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Start a civil war, like, right now.
    You are an enabler, sir! An enabler of the highest order!

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Being serious for a moment, please don't think too badly of us. The margin was less than 2% for a reason - a truly massive number of us want to remain. One day - probably when I'm an old man (I'm 25 now) - we'll try to rejoin, and people on the continent will ask us why we wanted to leave one day and rejoin the next. They won't understand - perhaps can't understand - that it was the angry elderly and the angry poor who wanted us to leave; the rest of us wanted to stay. They won't understand that the people who took us out have been long dead by the time we want to come back. It's not even that we want to have to come back; we never wanted to leave in the first place. My son won't have half the opportunities I had growing up, and mine were hardly huge thanks to the 2008 recession.

A startling figure is the percentage of British citizens aged 18 to 24 who voted against Brexit: a whopping 72%! The number was roughly the same for people aged 65+ who voted in the opposite direction FOR Brexit. You can clearly see the generational gap at play here.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post

Don't worry, my joke wasn't intended as a sneer towards anyone or any people in particular. I was just really fed up with all the constant media and digital attention to the referendum and its run-up - and I'm not even British. So in the end I decided to just go and have a mockery at a few of the stereotypes and reactions I've seen come by over the past few days. Perhaps that wasn't clear enough from the post alone, for which I apologize.

That's as far as I'd like to go in discussing the matter here, tbh. I've seen the mudflinging that occurred during the campaigns and I'd rather not risk having that pop up in this subforum as well. Fittingly, there's a thread devoted to the subject in the Political Mudpit subforum, though from what I've seen it's already degenerated in glorified name-calling.
    Last edited by Cohors_Evocata; June 24, 2016 at 04:46 PM.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

This mod needs Wildfire and Dragons...Knights of the Vale, Clegane brothers, and White Walkers. While we're at it, throw in Daenerys' boobs too! Ah hell...might as well go all in with the chips. Her magnificent ass too!

Campidoctor

Wildfire
    That's racist and ignorant. I prefer the term "otherly-civilizedfire". Just because it doesn't resemble the fire you're used to doesn't mean it doesn't have its own culture and standards. Europa Firerorum! It's not just for fancy fires anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    That's racist and ignorant. I prefer the term "otherly-civilizedfire". Just because it doesn't resemble the fire you're used to doesn't mean it doesn't have its own culture and standards. Europa Firerorum! It's not just for fancy fires anymore.
    I humbly apologize and feel utterly ashamed. Should probably throw myself out a window, like a certain character on Game of Thrones. You're right. Fire should be respected and protected, not denegrated like it is here:

Bad Roma, bad!

You're right. It's so shameful!

I should feel terrible. And to top it all off I just burned my food!

Lol. There should be Targaryen infantry in Europa Barbarorum II who have Wildfire flamethrowers akin to the Byzantine models for Greek fire.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix
    This mod needs Wildfire
    But if you invest in Wildfire*, it's highly recommended
    your king do not have the "Problem Mother"-ancillary.

"otherly-civilizedfire"

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Lol Roma, I see you can't wait for Westeros Total War's release xD

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Lol Roma, I see you can't wait for Westeros Total War's release xD

I know, right? Good point, Daenerys. Where are all the dragons? Why hasn't the EB II team incorporated the dragons into the game yet? Are they just being slow? Incompetent? How dare they not include such a pivotal unit into the game. Shame on you guys.

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

I know, right? Good point, Daenerys. Where are all the dragons? Why hasn't the EB II team incorporated the dragons into the game yet? Are they just being slow? Incompetent? How dare they not include such a pivotal unit into the game. Shame on you guys.

I, vaguely, recall reading about a Roman legion being involved in a fight with a dragon. They also, iirc, sent the skin back to Rome as proof.