Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: The thread for horrible suggestions

Default Re: The thread for horrible suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Dual-wielding Spendonetai Epilektoi. The game needs them.
    I don't know what's more hilarious: if they're an overpowered unit with the stats of Thorakitai Epilektoi and a sling sidearm or a bunch of wackos with two slings swinging both at once and charging at the enemy

Taksashila now has a data scientist game mechanic in the form of a second military reforms. Should you fight 100 battles against each faction, collecting gobs of battlefield data, the Taksashilan data scientists will analyze them to create the ultimate unit: Sphendonatai Cataphracts except they sling Cataphract Elephants at the enemy instead of stones.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    Taksashila now has a data scientist game mechanic in the form of a second military reforms. Should you fight 100 battles against each faction, collecting gobs of battlefield data, the Taksashilan data scientists will analyze them to create the ultimate unit: Sphendonatai Cataphracts except they sling Cataphract Elephants at the enemy instead of stones.
    However, if used on the zipper day, also bartix and the faction that replaces armenia can recruit the Sphendonetai Elefantoi in the rivers of Paropamisadai.
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I don't know what's more hilarious: if they're an overpowered unit with the stats of Thorakitai Epilektoi and a sling sidearm or a bunch of wackos with two slings swinging both at once and charging at the enemy
    Two slings are better than one!

We did it everybody! We made the most horrible suggestion possible!

I was thinking of the elite dual shooting slingers equipped with maille and dual-wielding thureos shields for melee. Their shield-bash attacks being AP because of the blunt concussive force!
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 31, 2020 at 01:10 PM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    I was thinking of the elite dual shooting slingers equipped with maille and dual-wielding thureos shields for melee. Their shield-bash attacks being AP because of the blunt concussive force!
    That would require four arms... GENERAL KENOBI

That would require four arms... GENERAL KENOBI
    I know just the man for the job. EB II team, make it happen! RELEASE THE GORO:

I've got an idea how to make Pahlava more fun and interesting:

Every time when the FL dies all FMs from the same generation with the FH go Eleutheroi and go after the FH. The last man standing is made the new FL. Also, the new FL gets +1 Authority for each competitor removed.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; June 12, 2020 at 10:46 AM.

Change the Pritanoi entertainment building to "Football Field"
    Last edited by RodriguesSting; June 14, 2020 at 01:33 PM.

Cue "Ancient Football Field"
    Change Makedonian prebattle song to this:

'member those population growth control buildings from Roma Surrectum II? How they would absolutely break population management by making historical lack of manpower absolutely meaningless? To replicate that in EBII, add a "Supersoldier Cloning Facility" building that acts as an exponential population multiplier. The converse is the "Condom Distribution Program" building, which drops the Total Fertility Rate so low that the population takes a nosedive. Now the Averni player can easily max out development of every nearby settlement before the Riders Reform while the Carthaginian Player can reduce Qart-Hadast to two gas stations and a house in no time.

Faction in control of Syracousai can build an advanced weapon research facility allowing them to construct steam cannons and solar laser artillery. Recruitable in this one city. Later it can be upgraded for building clockwork mecha and oar-powered gunships.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; June 17, 2020 at 08:54 AM.

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely late Herunoudozez

They have eschewed their shields for tasers and flash bang grenades

A new battle theme for the Hellenic factions - "Everybody does phalanx fighting" to this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBKjK7Xik0

Those Greeks were fast as lightning! Although it was a little bit frightening, drilled by Philip II for expert timing! Oh-ho-ho-ho!

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Random chance after each battle that a cache of weapons from the future be found.

Finding one allows for limited number of M60 equiped machine gun units to be recruited, along with RPG anti-cavalry units.

I would like for Himilquart, Arsak the second, diodotos as well as the famous epigoni to be one model units that are extremely powerfull and can take on elite infantry one on one.

I would love to see a duel between those famous people.
    "To pillage, to butcher and to despoil, they call the false name "Empire" and where they make a desolation they call it peace."
    Calgacus, leader of the Caledonians: C. Cornelius Tacitus, Agricola 30.5

Grimmy's Avatar Ordinarius

Oh oh oh!

This one!

Players can build research facilities in large cities. Research facilities add tech points to a pool each turn.

The factions race to win the 'tech war' and the faction that wins launches nukes and bio weapons all over the world map.

Afterward, the game transitions into EB2, Wastelands. And we can have separate zombie and mutant mods.

Introducing the Police Reforms script, available to any non-nomadic faction.

Your must have a faction leader with Uncomfortable Humanitarian, 8 settlements with Waystations and Garrisons, and own at least 1 settlement that is a part of the Troublesome Regions script. This unlocks the Police Reforms building which, upon being constructed in any of your settlements, completely disables the Troublesome Regions script for any qualifying settlement under your control, as well as grant a hefty -10 unrest but -5 law modifiers across all of your settlements, current and future. It also allows recruitment of the Community Patrol unit, which is Pantadopoi-levels of bad but is dirt cheap and has 240 men per unit. Excellent for garrisoning purposes.

Now, why is this totally not inspired by real life issues suggestion a horrible one? Well, the catch is that for the next 40 turns after building Police Reforms any of your characters (including your FL and FH!) who remains in a settlement in will have a 1% chance per turn of being assassinated by disgruntled former garrison troops who can no longer rape, loot, and pillage the locals as they please.

These are fantastic suggestions, you guys! The only thing I would add to police reforms, modern weaponry, nukes, biological warfare, zombies and mutants would have to be Cyberdyne Terminator robots going back into the distant past to kill the ancient ancestors of John Connor within our EBII time frame, just to make sure that John Connor or anyone like him can ever be born to lead the human resistance and challenge the rise of the machines and Skynet. It's a convenient excuse to add Arnold Schwarzenegger into the game anyway.