Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: 2D Art Preview Thread

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: 2D Art Preview Thread

Empire of Trebizond

from left to right: Skirmishers, Militia Archers, Trebizond Archers, Guard Archers, Militia Spearman, Skoutatoi Spearmen, Scoutatoi Swordsmen, Mounted Javelin Cavalry, Trebizond Kavallarioi, Pronoiaroi

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; January 23, 2016 at 03:16 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The Outsider's Avatar Civis

Whooho. Great work mate. Can you also please start posting unit icons when you begin doing them? I would be really excited to see them.

Project - Leaders : Megas Komnenos of Empire of Trebizond

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Awesome, You made so happy.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

That looks great... This is definitely something we could do at a later stage, as making all the portraits for all cultures for all general variants will take ages to complete. But this here is a good proof of concept.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

So what is the story of Trebizond being an archer faction anyway?

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

no, I just pick up a random border
    [IMG][/IMG]

Is it just me? or that emperor looks like Patrick Stewart? If so, I must choose Trebizond. For the Emperor!~ (from TES IV)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kjertesvein View Post
    So what is the story of Trebizond being an archer faction anyway?

~Wille

The reasoning behind this is, that I wanted the three successor states to be somewhat different from one another. I wanted to avoid having three factions with the exact same units. Thus Nicaea is more infantry focused, has the Varangian Guard and cataphracts, Trebizond has a better focus on archer units, both cavalry and infantry, while Epirus , being in a somewhat mountainous regions, has more skirmisher units. I could have given all of these to each of the three , but then it gets boring. The core units are still the same, so you find scoutatoi spearmen and swordsmen, the backbone of the roman army , and also Pronoja cavalry.
    To answer your question: Trebizond has a better selection of archers due to their proximity to both the seljuks , the cumans (if you consider the crimean peninsula) , and the georgians, with whom their are in a close relationship anyway.

Inyk's Avatar Foederatus

Icon3 Re: 2D Art Preview Thread

Hello! I was very impressed with the quality of the MOD! Excellent work!
    I sketched for Kiev Prince Mstyslava Romanovycha III.
    In the future I could make for Galicia-Volhynia and Chernigov.

Great work. Can you do wallpaper for the Kingdom of Georgiaplease

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    The reasoning behind this is, that I wanted the three successor states to be somewhat different from one another. I wanted to avoid having three factions with the exact same units. Thus Nicaea is more infantry focused, has the Varangian Guard and cataphracts, Trebizond has a better focus on archer units, both cavalry and infantry, while Epirus , being in a somewhat mountainous regions, has more skirmisher units. I could have given all of these to each of the three , but then it gets boring. The core units are still the same, so you find scoutatoi spearmen and swordsmen, the backbone of the roman army , and also Pronoja cavalry.
    To answer your question: Trebizond has a better selection of archers due to their proximity to both the seljuks , the cumans (if you consider the crimean peninsula) , and the georgians, with whom their are in a close relationship anyway.
    That makes sense. I think it's going to be one of my favorite factions due to it being so hybrid-ish. I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGeorgia View Post
    Great work. Can you do wallpaper for the Kingdom of Georgiaplease

User name checks out.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Inyk's Avatar Foederatus

Double post
    Last edited by Ltd.; January 30, 2016 at 03:45 AM. Reason: edited as per request by Inyk. Double post

Inyk's Avatar Foederatus

You have a great art in you super MOD! Excellent work!
    Pity that the moderator will not let my sketched!
    I would like to help you with portraits (icons) of generals for Kiev, Galicia-Volhynia and Chernigov...

Quote Originally Posted by Inyk View Post
    You have a great art in you super MOD! Excellent work!
    Pity that the moderator will not let my sketched!
    I would like to help you with portraits (icons) of generals for Kiev, Galicia-Volhynia and Chernigov...
    Thank you Inyk, Okay, let's do so. You have examples that I did. Make portraits, sent me your work in private message / not here / I promise you that if it complies with our standards I'll it present here

And anyone who feels confident enough that can make authentic portraits of the leaders of that era, can send me his work as a message. Because work on these portraits is extremely a lot
    I always liked that feeling which created the portraits in this bulgarian game :
    http://paulthetall.com/wp-content/up...reenshot-1.jpg

And some information in advance
    Jan already doing a great job as transforms campaign UI, when he decided to show you the incredible transformation of the game in the medieval feel, and not only
    I will soon be able to present you the full buildings tree of catholic factions whit all pluses and minuses of the each building, and lot of custom pictures in manuscript style - style who chose the community after vote
    [IMG][/IMG]

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Oh, Knights of Honor .... my most played game.... before I discovered Total war.
    Also , great news, finix , regarding the building tree icons Can` t wait.
    Actually, if you weren` t doing such a fantastic work with the icons, I would have loved to see the UI elements form KoH in our mod. I just loved that game.
    Last edited by Ltd.; January 29, 2016 at 03:05 AM.

I was always losing at Knights of Honor, perhaps I was too young to understand it when it first came out. I was really bad at Medieval 1 as well back in those days. I think I need to reinstall KoH at some point, and grab a good expansion mod. I really liked the atmosphere of that game and the music is one of my all-time favorites.

Looking forward to it, Finix! Didn't see your building icons in a long while. Just a question, how much do you suspect it would take to create Orthodox and Muslim building tree? I suppose that having a Catholic base would be a good point to start changing it to make the new ones?

And in regards to the UI changes, I started reskinning it for the Orthodox Christian factions. Still learning what things replace what, but I'm getting the hold of it. I should be able to post a small preview today or tomorrow. It's nothing much so far, but it'll get better.

Unfortunately I can't run KoH, because it requires Win 98 or was XP I'm not sure ...I miss this game!

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Looking forward to it, Finix! Didn't see your building icons in a long while. Just a question, how much do you suspect it would take to create Orthodox and Muslim building tree? I suppose that having a Catholic base would be a good point to start changing it to make the new ones?
    The building tree of Catholics, Orthodox, Muslims and nomads are already done, but only in system of names and bonuses. Only Catholics have all pictures. Of course It will be easier to make others. But with time I can not tie.
    Making unit icons is a prio
    Last edited by finix; January 29, 2016 at 04:23 AM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Inyk's Avatar Foederatus

Well, today I'll send one icons for Kiev Prince Mstyslava Romanovycha III of his example!
    I have installed Knights of Honor on Win7, send and all icons with this game just in case, for convenience too.