Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: 2D Art Preview Thread

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: 2D Art Preview Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    With the churches I notice however a strange thing, the final Russian church depicts a stavchurch of nordic, especially Norwegian medieval origin.
    Yes the church is in Norway, unfortunately I have not found a good example of completely wooden medieval cathedral and to finalize the best this architectural style. I apologize, maybe if I find a better example, will be replaced in a later stage

[/QUOTE] Also what does north and south catholicism represent? [/QUOTE]

The only difference is in the architectural style. Northern buildings have more than Gothic, while in Spain, Italy and Portugal, the style is Romanesque.
    Similar architectural differences exist in other religious icons
    [IMG][/IMG]

With the churches I notice however a strange thing, the final Russian church depicts a stavchurch of nordic, especially Norwegian medieval origin.
    Yes the church is in Norway, unfortunately I have not found a good example of completely wooden medieval cathedral and to finalize the best this architectural style. I apologize, maybe if I find a better example, will be replaced in a later stage

Also what does north and south catholicism represent?
    The only difference is in the architectural style. Northern buildings have more than Gothic, while in Spain, Italy and Portugal, the style is Romanesque.
    Similar architectural differences exist in other religious icons
    [IMG][/IMG]

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Quote Originally Posted by finix View Post
    for Rus chain, best variant imo would be to start with wooden churches and finish with stone cathedral, as most major Rus churches were made of stone.

You can chose one of two main styles: either use Byzantine-like style (Kiev architecture), an earlier one.
    St Sophia in Kiev (ancient design, current cathedral was rebuilt in modern style), built 11 ad
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Church of the Titches destroyed by Mongols (built 10 ad)

On the other hand, Vladimir-Suzdal "northern style" had distinct white walls. At appeared much later, with the decline of Rus princedoms
    Assumption Cathedral in Vladimir (~12 ad)

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    for Rus chain, best variant imo would be to start with wooden churches and finish with stone cathedral, as most major Rus churches were made of stone.

You can chose one of two main styles: either use Byzantine-like style (Kiev architecture), an earlier one.
    St Sophia in Kiev (ancient design, current cathedral was rebuilt in modern style), built 11 ad

Church of the Titches destroyed by Mongols (built 10 ad)

On the other hand, Vladimir-Suzdal "northern style" had distinct white walls. At appeared much later, with the decline of Rus princedoms
    Assumption Cathedral in Vladimir (~12 ad)
    Thank you for direction, I'ill certainly make a change
    [IMG][/IMG]

Great stuff man, given your poll on the style choice which icons should I put in the OP of the thread? Also whatever ones you say I'll post on the Moddb page too.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Great stuff man, given your poll on the style choice which icons should I put in the OP of the thread? Also whatever ones you say I'll post on the Moddb page too.
    Thanks man. I do not know, whatever you decide . Perhaps it would be better to see the outcome of the vote before formally presenting something
    [IMG][/IMG]

Very nice!!!

A sneak peek at what lies ahead, and what showed Warman. I leave you to guess the faction and flags under which they shall fight

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

I prefer the realistic icons. They stand out a lot better and are clearer. They are also more beautiful.

I think it is the battlefield units that should be realistic, these units rosters look great.

Hey guys, think this is the last of what I want to show you of realistic religious icons. I added and the last religion - Paganism

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; November 20, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Also, reworked realistic marine icons. The first two from left to right are common to all Christians, while military ports will be different for different factions.
    Last on the right are for the muslim factions. They will not have a choice whether to build fishing, trade or military port, but it does their ports will perform all three functions in one with all their bonuses.
    Finally, the tengri factions like Mongols and Cumans, will not have their identical ports. Will use the ports of the cities that are captured regardless of religion, and can not develop them. And they can only use mercenaries fleets.
    What do you think of my proposal?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; November 20, 2015 at 05:16 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

These icons are nothing less than simply amazing. Wow. Incredible work. Extremely beautiful. I would say I have no words, but... beautiful. +rep
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

UPDATE/Hungarian unit cards:
    with late era units, there will be more changes

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by finix; November 26, 2015 at 03:28 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

this is superb! +rep! and one question can you tell are you going to add any mercenaries as in original Medieval Kingdoms? like there were different mercenaries from italy\germany\middle east countries in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat'ko Hmel' View Post
    this is superb! +rep! and one question can you tell are you going to add any mercenaries as in original Medieval Kingdoms? like there were different mercenaries from italy\germany\middle east countries in the game.
    Yes there will be mercenaries, as far as I know, after all what is war without mercenaries! But first they need to be made from my teammates
    [IMG][/IMG]

Guys, after it was officially announced the news about the next step in the historical editions of CA, I saw this:
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Someone has watched what we doing here, I accept that as a compliment for my work
    What about these big heads, now! )
    Last edited by finix; November 24, 2015 at 01:35 PM.
    [IMG][/IMG]

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

I noticed that as well
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Quote Originally Posted by Pinarius View Post
    I have to admit, that was the first thing I thought when I saw the new unit cards, I like them, but damn.
    The guy who used to test DeI and FotE on Mac.