Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

saneel's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

And that's the reason why they were heretics for Rome. They didnt belive Christ was son of God. There are many evidences that support it, you dont know everything. Stop acting like smartest person on earth. In Bosnia catholics and especialy orthodox were never majority. There was some orthodox in Hum, and most of nobles were pretending that they are catholics when Pope send investigation envoys. Do you know that Kingdom of Hungary launched few crusades against Kingdom of Bosnia??????? Why would he send it if rulers and people were catholic? Its against logic. Most of catholics and orthodox migrated to Bosnia in later centuries when Bosnia lacked manpower to farm because of wars and plague that killed its male population. There was some rulers and nobles in history that were catholic, some of them even did prosecute bogomils but it didnt do much. Majority of people and many of nobles remained bogomils until conquest of Ottoman Islamic Empire. And this mod is "located" in 1200s not 1400s! I hope you realise that geopolitical picture was much more different!
    Last edited by saneel; November 19, 2015 at 11:38 AM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    And that's the reason why they were heretics for Rome. They didnt belive Christ was son of God.
    Um, yes they did.

They merely called for a return to what they considered to be early spiritual teaching, rejecting the ecclesiastical hierarchy and the authority of the Pope.

There are many evidences that support it, you dont know everything.
    I...I don't know everything ( ._.)

Stop acting like smartest person on earth.
    ;-;

In Bosnia catholics and especialy orthodox were never majority.
    Never?
    Not even before the Bogumils arrived?

and most of nobles were pretending that they are catholics when Pope send investigation envoys.

Do you know that Kingdom of Hungary launched few crusades against Kingdom of Bosnia??????? Why would he send it if rulers and people were catholic? Its against logic.
    You do realize that Catholics warred other Catholics all the time?

The kings of Hungary wanted Bosnia, the crusades were just an excuse.

There was some rulers and nobles in history that were catholic
    By some, you mean most?

Majority of people and many of nobles remained bogomils until conquest of Ottoman Islamic Empire.
    Completely false.
    The Franciscian order and the Catholic Church had over 60 monasteries and churches running in Bosnia by 1441.

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1939/pipc.jpg

And this mod is "located" in 1200s not 1400s! I hope you realise that geopolitical picture was much more different!
    Wait, what?
    You are the one who brought it up, not me.
    Last edited by +Marius+; November 19, 2015 at 01:53 PM.

Styl2000's Avatar Libertus

Hi. I'm really excited about this mod. Could you tell me how long each turn will last? Also could you make it so it ends at the year 1453 instead at 1450. That just to be more historical right. Based on the historians that is the year of the end of the medieval era. That year two important things happened:
    a) first, then was the Fall of Constantinople, which marked the end of the Roman Empire which lasted about 2 millennium,
    b) and second the end of the Hundred Years' War.
    Thanks for reading this and sorry about my English.

Hi. I'm really excited about this mod. Could you tell me how long each turn will last? Also could you make it so it ends at the year 1453 instead at 1450. That just to be more historical right. Based on the historians that is the year of the end of the medieval era. That year two important things happened:
    a) first, then was the Fall of Constantinople, which marked the end of the Roman Empire which lasted about 2 millennium,
    b) and second the end of the Hundred Years' War.
    Thanks for reading this and sorry about my English.

Sorry for posting it two times

Will Mongols be playable?

Hello from Czech Republic.

I've just discovered your mod and it looks absolutely fantastic!

Unfortunately I’ve discovered one problem in the campaign map and that is the size of the Bohemian kingdom.
    You see, from the very first of his days the Kingdom of Bohemia mainly consisted of two regions: Bohemia and Moravia (The Silesia was added a little bit later) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lands_...Bohemian_Crown
    So in the campaign map Kingdom of Bohemia have only half of his size. It should look something like this: http://www.jpeg.cz/images/2015/11/25/MtBoI.jpg

I'm glad if I helped and I’m sorry if I annoyed.
    Sorry for my absolutely broken English.

Hi there guys!

i have a little question about this mod. Will I need all Attila's dlc to play the mod? or just the vanilla base game?

I never was interested in Attila so i never bought the game until i saw this mod and damn.... I'm so ing excited hahahaha, so i don't want to miss anything

anyway, great work guys, keep it up! thx for listening and see ya.

when can i download it?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Any chance to see the "Living Dead" in that mod? Appareantly that was a special unit of the Lazarus order, consisting of knights having lepra and fighting without helmets. Would be a badass unit if you ask me.

Foederatus

Where can I download it? ^^

Zaar's Avatar Semisalis

Hiho
    I am absolut impressed looking totally forward to it.
    One fact i wanna know, is it possible with this engine or hardcode (well i am not a modder ) to see those awesome visible armor upgrades like in MTW 2, you know, from padded to shiny armour? This was my favorite feature (and besides that, the falling guys from the walls)
    take care

How much turns/year are planned ? Plz less than 1.

Sry, than 1.

I love that this mod is being moved to Attila, but i have to ask. Is this gonna have a campaign map or just like the original release of the mod in Rome 2 just being the factions in custom battles? Also from my knowledge arent some places like Saxony in the wrong area? I also feel like the HRE should be abit larger (since it was the strongest militarily of the times) but also some areas like England should have the Normany area instead of the west coast (because that is what England historically held).

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

It is going to have a playabe campaign. Very much so.
    Saxony means on our map the Duchy of Saxony or Hezogtum Sachsen in german. As map editing is not really possible as of now, it means that some factions might not have the exact same boundaries as they historically did. Though we try to get them as close to reality as possible.

Also there will be more than one turn per year. Probably 2 tpy as the mod spans over 3 centuries. Otherwise it would simply take too long to have 3rd tier units.

As a Croat and a Geography & History student, I must emphasize on this post for the sake of enjoyability of this mod. It makes more sense to put Slavonia under direct Hungarian rule rather than put the core of the Kingdom of Croatia under Venetian rule. Also, Croatia and Slavonia (yes, you can distinct them like that), were ALWAYS majorly Catholic Christian. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    1) Croatia was a kingdom, not a banate

2) These are the actual(sometime they had less, sometime they had more islands and coastal ports)Venetian holdings in Dalmatia before the 17th century;

What the hell were you thinking?

3) Both Croatia and Bosnia were nearly completely Catholic at the time, the Bogumils did not become a (slight) majority in (western) Bosnia until the 14th century.

4)This was the Coat of Arms of Croatia before the late 15th century;

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Calm down there buddy, they got the message when it was first posted.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorEarl12 View Post
    I love that this mod is being moved to Attila, but i have to ask. Is this gonna have a campaign map or just like the original release of the mod in Rome 2 just being the factions in custom battles? Also from my knowledge arent some places like Saxony in the wrong area? I also feel like the HRE should be abit larger (since it was the strongest militarily of the times) but also some areas like England should have the Normany area instead of the west coast (because that is what England historically held).
    Two years after this mod takes place the English lose the Battle of Bouvines to the French (1214) and subsequently lose Normandy as well. It might make some sense to have the map that way.

when can i download this mod?