Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Looking forward to seeing Crusaders

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Denmark shure they were creating provinces all over the Southern Baltic on crusades in this period, and later as far as Iceland would be part of the medieval Danish realm.. Sweden not so much, even though both had the same ledung system one used it better than the other. In mid to late game the Scandinavians could get Cogs wich were common Baltic trade ships, especially Denmark used them against the Victual Pirate Brotherhood.
    http://nautarch.tamu.edu/class/316/cog/

For the medditeranean ships, the game's ships look medieval but I've heard they are from the 16th century and 6th centuries respectively, but I think 99% would not notice if this is true.
    The Longboats weren't that powerful on ship-to-ship battle - their advantage was their speed to evade naval patrol, and their flat bottoms that enables them to penetrate deep to the lands via shallow waterways, and it was even can be towed through land if necessary. This adds up to a great naval raiding platform. In Attila, the navy isn't that important for Nordmen, since their land units have seasickness immunity.

Yes, Northern Europeans then use Cogs and Hulks more in this mod's timeframe than longship. Can be developed from existing corbita models, perhaps, retexture it by clinker texture, add rudder and forecastle. Lategame, southern ports that faces the Atlantic should be able to build Caravels too.

About Mediterranean galleys, the existing Dromonarion model is already perfect to depict small galliot or fusta. However, galia sottil, lanterna, or galeass (if the mod gets to the 1500s) would definitely need variantmodels of its own. All mediterranean navy ships basically weren't so different, luckily. Earlier Arabian Shalandiyyah can use existing heavy dromon model, but all of its sails should be replaced by triangular lateen sail.

Indian Ocean dhows can be developed from corbita hull, slap a rudder, and replace the square sail with triangular sails.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; November 01, 2015 at 10:48 AM.

I am not playing game anymore but only checking this mod for time to time. Is there any release date for this mod? I cant see if it is published/playable so im assuming that it is still developing.

Yeah, the mod is still in development. Thank you for the interest! My teammates and I work on the mod almost every day, so the mod will come eventually.

Thank you for your answer. It seems it will be an awesome work.. Good luck guys..

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Will we see Norway as a horde faction perhaps, sailing around the British Isles or trampeling around in the North Western parts of Sweden? Looks amazing so far, by the way. I am extremely excited for this mod!
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

how will crusaders be implemented IE can you call a crusade and spawn a crusader state from the target? or will they be like conventional factions?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by helmersen View Post
    Will we see Norway as a horde faction perhaps, sailing around the British Isles or trampeling around in the North Western parts of Sweden? Looks amazing so far, by the way. I am extremely excited for this mod!
    I think that is a good idea, the regions of Sweden: Värmland and present say Dalsland were under both Norwegian and Swedish influence and time and again they were were exiled Norwegian claimants to the throne sought refuge to muster strenght to return. Most famously the Birkebeiner, since dalsland at is at the playable maps very northwest you could oerhaps have a birkebeiner faction there

Maybe. It's sad that I would think Denmark would've been more appropriate as a horde faction considering how many times they've fell in and out of being a united country. Well, the entire Scandinavian region gets subjected under the Kalmarr Union Treaty eventually. I believe there was a lot of Swedish nobility at the time that had ties with Norway.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Yes the king at the start of the game Erik Knutsson fled to regions there twice after failed rebellions, same thing that the Birkebeiner did in Sweden as I said. Also both were kind of competing after 1250 to settle and colonise the vast North of Scandinavia, sending their own taxmen (although that's out of the map).

Tbh the area where Hrefnesholt is in game was Norwegian until 1250 or so and it wouldn't be strange to put the at the time more important Norwegian faction there instead of Sweden, bot both by the above approach would be best.

Speaking of this, how is work going on the campaign. Last time we saw England only but I suspect there has been more done

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Warman has added a lot of the factions to the startpos, so yes we are making good progress in that department as well

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Good to hear, guys, and thank you for your replies Always fun to discuss history like this, TWC is one of the only places where people do this. May it never end.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

There is a significant mistake, Khwarazmians and Abbasids were sunni, the people of Iranian plateau became Shia during the Safavid period (16th century).

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post

Now besides that we do also have a idea for a proper religions list now. Here's another map showing what we have planned, again made by Jan.

I didn't know Cathars were strong so close to the Vatican.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    I didn't know Cathars were strong so close to the Vatican.
    I also did not know that the entire balkans fell to the heresy of the Bogomilism.

Either some heretic revisionist manage to acquire a time machine or that map needs corrections

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    I also did not know that the entire balkans fell to the heresy of the Bogomilism.

Either some heretic revisionist manage to acquire a time machine or that map needs corrections
    when the ottomans conquered the Bosnians they converted them to Islam.Btw the Cathars were Catholic Bogomils

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    when the ottomans conquered the Bosnians they converted them to Islam.
    ...what?

saneel's Avatar Senator

Bogomils massively converted to Islam, because their belief had in fact more common with Islam than with Christianity.

delmat's Avatar Tiro

I agree with Marius..the bogomilism area should be reduced just to present bosnia (not croatia!) area, not the half balkan peninsula..other than that the map is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by saneel View Post
    Bogomils massively converted to Islam, because their belief had in fact more common with Islam than with Christianity.
    That is actually a myth and there are absolutely no evidence to support this.

In fact, the last mentioned Bogumil leader died in 1418, by the 1460s the entire kingdom was catholic/orthodox.
    Every single Bosnian noble at the time was either catholic or orthodox, even the king and his family were catholics.

Catherine of Bosnia spent her free time and fortune building catholic churches and monasteries all over the place.

Also, how in the hell could Bogumilism have more in common with Islam than with the Catholic religion?
    Bogumils or krstjani were nothing but protestants of the late medieval period, they denied the pope and had some minor interpretations that were different...that's pretty much it.

You do realize that Islam does not accept Jesus to be the son of God?
    That they deny immaculate conception and the Holy Spirit?
    ...among other loads of things that make them very different.
    Last edited by +Marius+; November 19, 2015 at 10:19 AM.