Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Good Day all,

Beautiful Work.

A couple of Questions/Suggestions regarding the HRE.

Will the vassals system be like the english one? Will some sort of electorial system be eventually build in, regarding the Kaiser?
    Maybe as a trait that can be held by the faction leader of one of the Factions making up the Empire. Perhaps after the death of the current Kaiser, the Leader
    whose faction has the highest military and/or economical rating will be made Imperator?

Sorry for all those Questionmarks.

I disagree with having one faction actually called "The Holy Roman Empire", since in reality all those factions made up said empire.

Or will the eventual Goal be to gobble up the other HRE-Factions?

Looking forward to a reply!

- Domeric
    Last edited by Domeric_Bolton; September 12, 2015 at 04:06 PM.

Guys do you consider releasing battle only version for Attila as you did for Rome 2? If it doesn't draw away you work under campaign it would be cool and also rise peoples interest for full release.

If you view the English Army preview thread, you will see that Warman has shown a screenshot of the campaign map.

Decanus

looks really nice! And im really happy that they have included Sweden as an faction. Hope we see Birger Jarl as one of swedens regents!
    Last edited by darnokthemage; September 14, 2015 at 06:25 AM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Birger was born around 1210 so he would be about 2 at the games start. Also his house were just local nobility in Bjälbo at that time so his family couldn't be the royal house. That should be the house of Erik (Erik Knutson if I remember correctly).
    However Birger should be a historical character.

Also Hrefnesholt ( a fantasy city) should be renames Lödöse after the nearby early Swedish city.

Decanus

Is there non royal faction leaders? His son later became king when he was in Finland "crusading" (not really an real crusade, just an war agains heathen invaders)

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

great work, but still historically and fatal mistakes.

1. Kingdom of Abkhazia does not exist in 1212 AD !
    2. in 1212 AD shirvan and Azerbaijan were incorporated in to the Georgian Monarchy.

look et the map:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ributaries.png

smthhappy's Avatar Decanus

Which factions are playabe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    great work, but still historically and fatal mistakes.

1. Kingdom of Abkhazia does not exist in 1212 AD !
    2. in 1212 AD shirvan and Azerbaijan were incorporated in to the Georgian Monarchy.

look et the map:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ributaries.png
    Shirvan and Azerbaijan are both vassals of Georgia in the starting situation.

Abkhazia should probably be replaced with Alania.

I'll look into that Tadz. Also we haven't quite figured how which factions aren't going to be playable yet. The selection does require some tweaking as evidenced by the above post so I don't wanna say anything definite yet. However I will say that the English Earldoms and Provence will not be playable. Largely because they're just glorified England and France clones respectively and I can't find any excuse gameplay wise, especially for Provence. There are three ways to justify a faction playable, if any one out of three is there, it's playable.

1. If both roster wise and gameplay wise the faction is unique, it'll be playable. That's pretty much a given.

2. If the faction gets interesting later on in the time period covered by this mod, it'll be playable. Examples of this would be Burgundy and Bohemia. At first they will be a sort of clone of France and HRE respectively but their late game units will either look significantly different from other factions with the same units or they'll be different units outright.

3. If the gameplay scenario of the faction(s) is compelling enough to overlook the fact it's a roster clone, I'll make it playable. Examples of this would be some of the HRE vassals in Germany and Toulouse(Toulouse actually has a couple of different units too but it's more for this reason it's playable). I won't say specifics about the former because we're still working it out there.

So it's a bit of a process, especially made interesting when people tell us why "faction x" should be playable. If they can give a convincing case(for a faction we've confirmed won't be playable) we'll look into it some more. I hope that answers your question in class Smthhappy.

Oh and I barely managed to not up the mod's db tables I had in the AK when the update hit. It took me a little bit to figure it out but yeah, back on track. The more you know.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Quote Originally Posted by Swarbs View Post
    Shirvan and Azerbaijan are both vassals of Georgia in the starting situation.

Abkhazia should probably be replaced with Alania.
    that's better

Might be easier to start with suggestions of which factions shouldn't be playable. That will help narrow it down a bit from the start. I would argue the following shouldn't be playable:

English Earldoms and Arles as stated above.
    Navarre and Leon as they were in personal union with France and Castile at the time of the mod start
    Shirvan and Azerbaijan and all Kwarezm vassals as they didn't survive the early Mongol expansion

Working out the HRE and Eastern Europe could be more of a challenge, as there's an argument for including most of the states there, tho' I would say Savoy, Friesland and Lorraine probably don't need to be playable.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Not sure if this has been asked already and didn't check around in the forum, will the empire of Trebizond be playable because I would love to restore the Komnenans to the throne rather than Nicea.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Both Trebizond an Nicaea will be playable

or being with the mod please?

you have the link to download the file? Medieval 2 total war kingdom [1212AD]

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

I 'm not entirely sure what you mean: if you are asking for a download link for our mod, there is none, as it is not yet finished

Quote Originally Posted by darnokthemage View Post
    looks really nice! And im really happy that they have included Sweden as an faction. Hope we see Birger Jarl as one of swedens regents!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Birger was born around 1210 so he would be about 2 at the games start. Also his house were just local nobility in Bjälbo at that time so his family couldn't be the royal house. That should be the house of Erik (Erik Knutson if I remember correctly).
    However Birger should be a historical character.

Also Hrefnesholt ( a fantasy city) should be renames Lödöse after the nearby early Swedish city.
    Do you two know any good sources I can read that discusses or explains Medieval Swedish armies? I'm reading a history of Sweden by J.H. Turner.

So massive kudos to Ltd. and everyone on the MK Team for their help with the recent faction previews. However, despite being bogged down here and there by RL work, this weekend... it's MY turn.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    Do you two know any good sources I can read that discusses or explains Medieval Swedish armies? I'm reading a history of Sweden by J.H. Turner.
    There is the Osprey Medieval Scavdinavian armies book but I haven't read it yet, it's the right time period.
    On wikipedia I don't find much nor in other Swedish media on the internet. Nothing solid enough that is. But sent a message to Historian Dick Harrison who wrote a book about the 13th century in Swedish history. After that units should have more sources. For Danish I guess the same osprey book
    Last edited by Linke; September 18, 2015 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    So massive kudos to Ltd. and everyone on the MK Team for their help with the recent faction previews. However, despite being bogged down here and there by RL work, this weekend... it's MY turn.

Bit of wee just came out