Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    They wont.the mod ends in the 1450s
    One of the reason the french army won at the battle of Castillon in 1453 was the artillery. The french had around 300 guns.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

I'm not sure where your suppose to post comments at but since this is kind of the main thread I assume I guess I'll post one here and hope to get a bit of a response. First off just wanted to say this looks incredible say the least, it's about time a team got together and made a medieval mod that's up to date with the details that I'm already seeing. But my only Input on the great work you guys are doing is please, I repeat please if any way possible fix the family tree and mechanics of traits as well as surnames and ect. If there's any way of putting detail and effort into it I can see you guys are deffinantly up for the job. I know bellum crucis and Stainless steel SHIP sub mod are mods for a game that was made some time ago but if possible use there ideas of family tree traits and ancillaries as well as royal houses and so forth and build it even more from there! Im looking forward to what this team is doing. Amazing!

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor17 View Post
    I'm not sure where your suppose to post comments at but since this is kind of the main thread I assume I guess I'll post one here and hope to get a bit of a response. First off just wanted to say this looks incredible say the least, it's about time a team got together and made a medieval mod that's up to date with the details that I'm already seeing. But my only Input on the great work you guys are doing is please, I repeat please if any way possible fix the family tree and mechanics of traits as well as surnames and ect. If there's any way of putting detail and effort into it I can see you guys are deffinantly up for the job. I know bellum crucis and Stainless steel SHIP sub mod are mods for a game that was made some time ago but if possible use there ideas of family tree traits and ancillaries as well as royal houses and so forth and build it even more from there! Im looking forward to what this team is doing. Amazing!
    I am not entirely sure what you mean by fixing the family tree. In the one campaign I played with Attila as the huns I didn´t really see anything wrong with the family tree. I wasn´t paying too much attention to this detail, though.
    On the other hand, we will definitely try to make the family tree accurate with proper surnames and ancillaries that make sense, also maybe we can add medieval portraits as unit icons for kings, heirs and generals, though the last past is only my fancy
    Glad you like the mod.

Thanks for the reply. But Yes that's basically what I was meaning though, just add more detail and polish to it then what they did they kind of just threw it in there because of everyone wanting it back. I have all the confidence in your and your team now that I've seen what kind of work you all have been doing. Just great! But I see you all have been working on this for a little bit of time now I haven't seen any news on a release for the campaign what's your opinion on a possible release if it's not a problem asking?

yeah i totally support the royal name AS A TRAIT! (inherited just by the royal family of course) for example house Plantagenet for England and house Capet for France. it would only give like +1 loyalty nothing crazy, it would just distinguish the royal family from the rest of the nobles, i think it adds lots of depth to the game. however i dont think that the actual surname can be inherited by the new children, it doesnt seem to work in attila because the romans in vanilla dont pass the surname on to the kids.
    Last edited by Baron Ace; August 30, 2015 at 03:40 PM.

Yeah exactly that's what I was trying to get at, I mean without that it just Makes the whole royal family kind of pointless to me. That was the downfall in the recent family trees they had a good solid base I thought in medieval 2 especially the mods like I had mention (bellum crucis & stainless steel). They added a lot of depth to the family trees and I had more fun planning out my family's then I did out of the whole game sometimes. It just gives your whole game a different feel at least to me. I just hope there able to somehow overhaul the family tree to at least fit those standards and such as historical surnames with added benefits if your faction leader or heir happens to be of that royal house and ect. And if anyone has played stainless steel SSHIP submod then you know where I'm coming from with how amazing they made there royal traits, and say if your playing the Byzantines and your royal family was the famous Komnenos dynasty if your heir or leader married a bagrationi of the Georgian royal family your children and future heirs would receive both a Greek royal trait as well as a Georgian royal relations trait so you could actually track what factions and royal family's you were married into its just so much depth into it I loved that aspect. I hope they can do something close to it or maybe for all we know they could blow it all out of the water and surprise us all with an amazing newly overhauled family tree system that's what I'm hoping for!

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

1) Croatia was a kingdom, not a banate

2) These are the actual(sometime they had less, sometime they had more islands and coastal ports)Venetian holdings in Dalmatia before the 17th century;

What the hell were you thinking?

3) Both Croatia and Bosnia were nearly completely Catholic at the time, the Bogumils did not become a (slight) majority in (western) Bosnia until the 14th century.

4)This was the Coat of Arms of Croatia before the late 15th century;

Last edited by +Marius+; September 03, 2015 at 08:27 AM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenmenSS View Post
    They wont.the mod ends in the 1450s
    The first handgunners deployed in large numbers were reported as early as 1409.

I would also advise to extend the enddate to 1492 so the late medieval period is properly represented.

Do you know if sweden will be playable at all? Please

P.S I have some shields that were used by sweden around 1200 if you are interested
    Last edited by Spadde; September 04, 2015 at 10:39 AM.

You have done something more than just units? How about ships? Those from Medieval age are not like those in Attila, i'm interested in how will you make them.

Why no Norway faction? Novogrod/Russia? North map is empty in those spots. Would be great to add Norway/Vikings or something next to Sweden and one faction above Lithuania.

the map doesent go that far, you cant change the campaignmap

Hi guys, another refugee from "Total War Snorehammer" dropping in to say I'm really looking forward to this. I was sad that M2TW didn't get the upgrade it sorely needed to bring it up to the level of more recent TW games, that old game seems a bit basic now, even with Stainless Steel added - I've taken mine off my hard drive in fact because I stopped playing it. The graphics are ok but the campaign game is way too simplistic. Using Attila will be a PERFECT platform for the medieval period IMO. All I would say to some people on this forum is not to get too obsessed about your favourite faction/guns or whatever, and hassle these guys too much, but let them progress to the earliest release date possible, then if there's something you don't like, maybe it can be resolved in a later update? Remember these guys are doing it for free in their own spare time too.

Looks amazing, take your time guys it would be a shame to fast track a mod like this. Just keep it historically accurate please.

One question - will we need to have all the DLC content for Attila installed to play this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by kapetan View Post
    Looks amazing, take your time guys it would be a shame to fast track a mod like this. Just keep it historically accurate please.
    Lol for what you want historical accurate.. game/mod must be polished and work good, this is GAME not real life it's always nice to do things that were impossible in history. To lead your faction in many ways and have a choice. I don't like historical accurate games cuz they stupidly limit the game and player. Of course except units/borders but the rest doesn't matter. I'd like to play a mod where are all factions from 600 to 1600 on huge map, would be badass.

This mod looks very interesting. +bookmarked!

Quote Originally Posted by revar View Post
    Lol for what you want historical accurate.. game/mod must be polished and work good, this is GAME not real life it's always nice to do things that were impossible in history. To lead your faction in many ways and have a choice. I don't like historical accurate games cuz they stupidly limit the game and player. Of course except units/borders but the rest doesn't matter. I'd like to play a mod where are all factions from 600 to 1600 on huge map, would be badass.
    Dude... what you just said makes no sense, this entire game/mod is based around actual historical events... an FYI... when people here refer to historically accurate, it does mean playable factions and their borders! if you don't like games related to actual historical events you are in the wrong forum, wait for warhammer that should be to your liking

Mark07040's Avatar Libertus

how much money do you need to complete this?

MagUidir's Avatar Biarchus
    a little bit every where. from Tennessee but now Live in California.

this is amazing! good work so far!