Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    - The voices of characters on the battlefield and the campaign cannot be changed, as of now.
    - The Ottomans will be an emerging faction. As the Seljuks were "replaced" by the ottomans, gameplay wise it would be the easiest to have them be able recruit Ottoman units. If we decide to keep the seljuk line, the high era units would still wear armour characteristic of the ottomans and the of time and area in which they were operational. Whether we call these high - late era Seljuk units ottomans, or seljuks wearing typical "ottoman armor" is to be decided.
    - Some buildings on the battlemap will be changed / added at some point, though I cannot promise you that they will be done for the first version.
    Thank you for reply so there is hope for character speeches eventually. Hopefully you will include the mighty Janasiries units playable in your mod

will no longer have the Norwegian horde ??

sorry my english am Brazilian

I want to ask few questions about the mod.
    1) Does it have sense to make vassal/Tributary states? i mean does it have any advantages? Do they actually pay? Can i hire their units?

2) Capturing Resources increases trade, but does it have any other advantage to all provinces and regions of the faction?

This model will be able to play when? Please answer me one?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

@ atademir:

- please don`t ask the same question in every possible thread. It is not going to get you an answer any sooner !
    - please edit your posts !
    - please try to read through the threads first before asking when this mod will be released !

Thank you

Ltd.

Ltd.: Hello my slavic friend, how are you ?

I can not wait to try this mod! I got so excited to play this I just went to buy Attila, and it was 75% off!! What a great Monday I am having! Now... I just have to be patient until this awesome Mod comes out!

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    So I figured I'd post this here, after much discussion we think we finally have a definitive list of what factions will be playable in MK:

1. Kingdom of England
    2. Kingdom of Scotland
    3. Kingdom of Gwynedd
    4. Kingdom of Ireland
    5. Kingdom of France
    6. Duchy of Burgundy
    7. County of Toulouse
    8. Crown of Aragon
    9. Kingdom of Castile
    10. Kingdom of Navarre
    11. Kingdom of Portugal
    12. County of Flanders
    13. Duchy of Brabant
    14. Kingdom of Denmark
    15. Kingdom of Sweden
    16. Kingdom of Norway
    17. Holy Roman Empire
    18. Schwyz
    19. Kingdom of Bohemia
    20. Duchy of Lombardy
    21. Republic of Genoa
    22. Republic of Pisa
    23. Kingdom of Sicily
    24. Papacy
    25. Republic of Venice
    26. Despotate of Eprius
    27. Latin Empire
    28. Empire of Nicaea
    29. Empire of Trebizond
    30. Kingdom of Hungary
    31. Grand Principality of Serbia
    32. Second Bulgarian Tsardom
    33. Lesser Poland
    34. Duchy of Silesia
    35. Teutonic Order
    36. Grand Duchy of Lithuania
    37. Kievan Rus
    38. Chernignov
    39. Volga Bulgars
    40. Cuman Khanate
    41. Khwarezmian Empire
    42. Mongol Hordes
    43. Kingdom of Georgia
    44. Cilian Armenia
    45. Seljuks of Rum
    46. Zengid Dynasty
    47. Abbasid Caliphate
    48. Crusader States
    49. Ayyubid Sultanate
    50. Kingdom of Makuria
    51. Zagwe Dynasty
    52. Almohad Caliphate

I think this is a fair representation of everyone. Most areas get at least two factions. Also I should note that some of unplayable vassals will have their units as part of their master's roster in custom battle. Like the Earldom units will be playable by England or Bavaria by HRE. I hope you guys like our selection.
    This should be put in a separate stickied thread

I'll paste it to the campaign map thread once I procure a map showing playable factions. Also I think I convinced Warman to add some pretty important German duchies to the mix (Bavaria, Austria, Saxony; they kind of exist today as big and stable states, so it would be neat to be able to play as their old incarnations, that were already pretty darn important in the empire). That makes it a nice 55 factions.

Could be an ugly 56 if the Principality of Wallachia was made playable at some point, provided a roster for them could be cobbled together. Just a thought, since I am updating the maps and Wallachia will be there from the start as Bulgarian vassal.

When is it going to be released?

Sorry, but 5 consecutive posts without "the" question... that was too much for me.

Please consider adding Croatia at some point as well, by this logic it could get added since it exists today

Quote Originally Posted by tmina32 View Post
    Please consider adding Croatia at some point as well, by this logic it could get added since it exists today
    Last edited by Caucasian Iberia; February 11, 2016 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Iberia View Post
    What is the point of this post, exactly?

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Is it possible to create Crusade and Jihad ?

Quote Originally Posted by tmina32 View Post
    What is the point of this post, exactly?
    As has been pointed out in several threads, Croatia at the time of the mod is not independent, and representing them as such would be historically inaccurate. Croatia fell under Personal Union in 1190 and had no independent rule.

SerbianWOLF's Avatar Semisalis

Right. But Croatia will exist in this mod as a vassal of Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by Olligarchy View Post
    As has been pointed out in several threads, Croatia at the time of the mod is not independent, and representing them as such would be historically inaccurate. Croatia fell under Personal Union in 1190 and had no independent rule.
    Emergent faction perhaps?

Nevertheless, it will be a vassal of Hungary with one region. It won't reach to the Adriatic sea because the Dalmatian region will have the settlement of Zadar - which was in rather firm Venetian grasp after the Fourth Crusade. It most likely will be a Croatian "core" province though, so it will be possible to revive Croatia there, should it be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Olligarchy View Post
    There are a lot of vassal, "sub-factions" in this mod, which is perfect in this situation.

And as a lot of these factions will be playable, I don't see a single reason for discouraging the devs from making Croatia playable. So please don't.
    As an european kingdom with 1 actual and 2 core provinces, I think it ticks all the boxes.

Of course it's up to the devs in the end, as the scale of the mod and the time it requires is large enough already.

tmina32: You are Serbian my buddy, and yeah you have truth, minimum 15 factions in this mod were political depend on the other fatcion, but its ok, it will be very nice and sexy, I hope :*