Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

AlexiosThe1st's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

As much as I hate interrupting this interesting exchange, will there be a custom battles release before the full mod/campaign?

Thanks

TheIronTyrant: peace , I just told truth. I respect creators and I just told them precise and details suggestions, nothing wrong.

You should rethink the way you did it. There is simply no way to do what you suggested. And Jan told you. The campaign map is nothing you can really change. You just have to deal with it.
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Scaevola: what rethink ? check everything what I said before. Precise and details map = markomans region = Brno, vandals region = Nitra, quadians region = Esztergom. And if can be gwynedd, schwyz, saxony, bavaria, bohemia, friesland, flanders, austria, toulouse, arles independent factions then can be nitra too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevola View Post
    I think it will be enough work to get a playable campaign version rolling. Sophisticated scripts sound more like a feature you put in your updates later. Just think how challenging it will be to use Attila mechanics (looking at you, Horde mode) and translate them into specific features you might need in a Medieval scenario, like crusades. I suspect the Papal States and the Pope himself to be the greatest problem. There is simply nothing in Attila to use as a modable substitute for it. It is a mod, not a new game. And the team has to work with what they get.
    I would have thought Horde mode would lend itself well to Crusading factions?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter100 View Post
    Scaevola: what rethink ? check everything what I said before. Precise and details map = markomans region = Brno, vandals region = Nitra, quadians region = Esztergom. And if can be gwynedd, schwyz, saxony, bavaria, bohemia, friesland, flanders, austria, toulouse, arles independent factions then can be nitra too.
    You didn't even play the base game, did you. You would know that Vandals don't have a starting region since they're a horde. On the medieval map Esztergom is precisely the Quadians region. Markomans region with capital Casurgis is exactly on the exact spot of Prague on the Vltava river, so it can't be Brno which is to the south-east. Now shoo, begone!

@Three Eyed Crow: yes indeed. But there is a problem if a Crusading horde would want to settle - if it was named something like "6th Crusade", then after conquering and settling it would create a country called "6th Crusade", unless it was changed via a mission or a script. Other idea would be to make a crusading horde have a different culture group, so it would be assigned only "sack", "liberate" and "return to parent empire" occupation options - but now, how would a Crusading horde be created, and how it would be disbanded - other than being defeated in battle? Too many inconveniences, I'd say. But it is something that could be explored in the future.

jan_boruta: yeah of course and these factions were independet in year 1212 = gwynedd, schwyz, saxony, bavaria, bohemia, brandenburg, lorraine, friesland, croatia, flanders, austria, toulouse, arles lol

They are subordinated, Peter. We're talking about a core gameplay mechanic here - client states.
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I think this is a fair representation of everyone. Most areas get at least two factions. Also I should note that some of unplayable vassals will have their units as part of their master's roster in custom battle. Like the Earldom units will be playable by England or Bavaria by HRE. I hope you guys like our selection.
    But I couldn't play, for example, Bavaria vs Austria in a custom battle?

Pinarius: , you want play against your rival Austria, that right ?

Is there a release date?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon the Rhodian View Post
    Is there a release date?
    Let me answer that with a quote from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    Release date is "when it's done". With the current speed we're at, I would assume it will be in this year - fingers crossed!
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Scaevola: you are very harsh and rugged, why ?

Well, it was in fact unjustified. I want to apologize for that. Actually I helped a lot to sorta derail this thread further into the lands of OT. So I hope we can be on topic again - I should just post less often.
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

Icon14 Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Quote Originally Posted by jan_boruta View Post
    You didn't even play the base game, did you. You would know that Vandals don't have a starting region since they're a horde. On the medieval map Esztergom is precisely the Quadians region. Markomans region with capital Casurgis is exactly on the exact spot of Prague on the Vltava river, so it can't be Brno which is to the south-east. Now shoo, begone!

@Three Eyed Crow: yes indeed. But there is a problem if a Crusading horde would want to settle - if it was named something like "6th Crusade", then after conquering and settling it would create a country called "6th Crusade", unless it was changed via a mission or a script. Other idea would be to make a crusading horde have a different culture group, so it would be assigned only "sack", "liberate" and "return to parent empire" occupation options - but now, how would a Crusading horde be created, and how it would be disbanded - other than being defeated in battle? Too many inconveniences, I'd say. But it is something that could be explored in the future.
    I see. That could be one of those things that seems tiny but could have butterfly wing beats that knock down walls, yes? The M2 mechanic worked, if a little clunky...perhaps the leading general(s) must also be of a minimum rank/count/duke/authority/zeal etc or something...anyway I digress I can't code so I'm just spit balling.

Svaevola: , You should be just less harsh and cruel.

Really exciting stuff! Just discovered this mod and sure to follow it in preparedness to switch Medieval 2 for it when the time comes... keep up the great work!

Olligarchy: yes, it will be exciting and fantastic :*

Could someone pease tell me if sounds of characters on campaign map and Battlefield will be changed because they weren't in AOC dlc and the moors were talking about the temple of fire or something which isn't correct. Another question is will ottoman units be available for any playable faction because I read the ottomans are not included as playable faction. And my last question will you be changing buildings in city's so we can see churches and mosques in city battles. Wish you guys all the best with this epic mod thank you so much for taking the time to make this.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

- The voices of characters on the battlefield and the campaign cannot be changed, as of now.
    - The Ottomans will be an emerging faction. As the Seljuks were "replaced" by the ottomans, gameplay wise it would be the easiest to have them be able recruit Ottoman units. If we decide to keep the seljuk line, the high era units would still wear armour characteristic of the ottomans and the of time and area in which they were operational. Whether we call these high - late era Seljuk units ottomans, or seljuks wearing typical "ottoman armor" is to be decided.
    - Some buildings on the battlemap will be changed / added at some point, though I cannot promise you that they will be done for the first version.