Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (WIP)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War General Overview

Looks like the Earls have joined their King and the King of France .
    Well done

finix's Avatar Ordinarius

That looks pretty authentic, welcome back Warman
    [IMG][/IMG]

great job guys, you are doing well.i must ask you something.
    why here is "kingdom of abkhazia"? abkhazia always was and will be part of Georgia, why separate? it is wrong guys please remove.
    you can check old maps and history.
    "kingdom of abkhazia" mega fake please fix it guys. thanks and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I'll look into that Tadz. Also we haven't quite figured how which factions aren't going to be playable yet. The selection does require some tweaking as evidenced by the above post so I don't wanna say anything definite yet. However I will say that the English Earldoms and Provence will not be playable. Largely because they're just glorified England and France clones respectively and I can't find any excuse gameplay wise, especially for Provence. There are three ways to justify a faction playable, if any one out of three is there, it's playable.
    One could argue that Provence does become somewhat interesting later on, as the County comes to be inherited by Charles of Anjou in the 1240s, who proceeds to conquer most of the Kingdom of Sicily. I dunno, I've just always wanted to play that scenario, and doing it as the Kingdom of France doesn't feel right lol. In any case, you guys are doing awesome work, keep it up and best of luck.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Will we see Norway as a horde faction perhaps, sailing around the British Isles or trampeling around in the North Western parts of Sweden? Looks amazing so far, by the way.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Looks great but I have to say that, despite the difficulty of keeping the borderlines from the vanilla game making this mod accurate historically, the division of the Spanish kingdoms is quite a mess. IMO you should leave Emerita Augusta to the Almohads (and change the name to Badajoz which was the capital of the taifa of Badajoz, a very important Almohad city, and it's located more or less in the same point) and maybe give CaesarAugusta (Saragossa) to Castille even though it was the Aragon's kingdom capital, for gameplay reasons and to give Castille a more northern position.

Thanks for this mod

Ciruelo's Avatar Tiro

Also Makuria should own just Pachoras (Faras) and the Adulis and Aksum should be for Ethiopia (where is Ethiopia btw?)

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Will the Crusader states be able to recruit Hospitallers, Templars, Teutonic Knights and Lazarus Knights?

Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you are working on the campaign aspects of your mod too, or you plan on doing a "custom battle only" pre-version before dedicating yourselves to the campaign?
    Just wondering, because I see a lot of (wonderful) unit roster previews and none concerning the campaign...
    Cheers

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Will the Crusader states be able to recruit Hospitallers, Templars, Teutonic Knights and Lazarus Knights?
    Yes, they will be able to do so. I am working on the Teutonic Order as I am writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by GatoVolador View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you are working on the campaign aspects of your mod too, or you plan on doing a "custom battle only" pre-version before dedicating yourselves to the campaign?
    Just wondering, because I see a lot of (wonderful) unit roster previews and none concerning the campaign...
    Cheers
    Yes, we are working on the campaign side of things as well. Warman did show us a couple of screens with the english on the campaign. Take a look at his Kingdom of England faction preview.

Laetus

Sorry to interrupt, but Teutonic Order was rolling around Hungary in time of 1212.
    Their Prussian Crusade begins in 1230. What about making them a horde faction starting in Hungarian territory?
    Giving their startpos to Lithuanian Kingdom or Livonian Brothers of the Sword will make game more interesting.

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Yes, we are aware of that and to some extent they will start on the Hungarian territory. However, it is not set in stone, so we´ll see how to implement their faction in a way that they can have their baltic crusades and don´t get destroyed before that by Hungary or HRE.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

That is very possible, with scripts to hve the faction not conpletely parish and to invade whatever faction there is in the baltic coast.

Hmmm, I think about gunpowder weapons, the "boom" muzzle effect can use existing fx, and the projectile would be simple to make. I believe you guys can do the weapons models itself, both handheld and artillery pieces. The problematic part, is the animation. If there is a way to edit animations like in ETW, then it way be possible, but still not easy.

Ship models, how about using the existing ship's models_naval? - the good thing about Attila is that ship's appearance are also using variantmodels, unlike ETW, NTW, and S2TW, so the appearance is independent to the ships' collisionmodel and EFlines.

EDIT

Also, models_naval editing were already possible since several months ago on S2TW. If there's a really good modeller on the team, making a new models_naval is very much possible, albeit still hard to do. Small edits are not that hard actually.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; October 30, 2015 at 11:06 AM.

Yeah, I wanna make the ship models at some point. The focus at the moment are the Early units for each faction's roster.

Why not using some ship models, which are already ingame? The big dromones or liburnes (especially this one with its own battletower) are already extremely medievalesque in my opinion. Not to mention the eastern ships or the longboats (for sweden, danmark and so on). Ok, you could optimize them a little bit but you it could save a lot of time to simply block the ships out, which are NOT compatible with medieval athmosphere.

By the way; could you make the longboats a bit stronger and faster in the final edition of the mod? The kingdom of danmark and sweden as the viking sucessors should have a better naval force . I mean they were the best mariners in this time and their ships were marvels of technology. I was a bit unsatisfied with this in attila.

Well perhaps in the 13th century the longboats were amazing, but when people were still using longboats in the 14th century, the longboats fell victim to the war galleys who were built similar to longboats up in North Europe. As an aspiring artist, I will prefer to make my own naval units because that is cooler to me than rehashing Attila's stuff.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenburrg View Post
    By the way; could you make the longboats a bit stronger and faster in the final edition of the mod? The kingdom of danmark and sweden as the viking sucessors should have a better naval force . I mean they were the best mariners in this time and their ships were marvels of technology. I was a bit unsatisfied with this in attila.
    Denmark shure they were creating provinces all over the Southern Baltic on crusades in this period, and later as far as Iceland would be part of the medieval Danish realm.. Sweden not so much, even though both had the same ledung system one used it better than the other. In mid to late game the Scandinavians could get Cogs wich were common Baltic trade ships, especially Denmark used them against the Victual Pirate Brotherhood.
    http://nautarch.tamu.edu/class/316/cog/

For the medditeranean ships, the game's ships look medieval but I've heard they are from the 16th century and 6th centuries respectively, but I think 99% would not notice if this is true.
    Last edited by Linke; October 31, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

This mod is the only reason i will buy Attila total war it looks great. Will you be including the Ottoman faction if yes i cant wait to see the Janasiries units

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Yes, the Ottomans are an emerging faction and will be included, and yes, there will be Janissaries, though probably appearing more to the end of our time-frame.
    Glad you like the units so far.