Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: [Updated] Making RTW or RTW:Gold work on windows10 - FIX

Default Re: [Updated] Making RTW or RTW:Gold work on windows10 - FIX

Update:

It finally worked thanks to HazardHawk's guide on Steam Community:
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/4760/...8291502250484/

I think what was missing was copying the dx9 libraries into the game folder and maybe the NVIDIA max prerender setting.
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thanks for coming back with the solution!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Thanks for coming back with the solution!
    I just hope it helps others too

Maybe the link to HazardHawk's solution could be appended to the OP?

Blog Entries

I'll explain it to the moderator in charge

I'll explain it to the moderator in charge
    Thanks

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Until yesterday everything worked perfectly with Full HD monitors and Nvidia 1070 GPUs.
    Today I put the new 2K monitor and the new GPU Radeon RX 5700 and RomeTW and Barbarian Invasion Vanilla work perfectly, but any Mod that I insert in the "set startup options" of Steam, doesn't work! I'm desperate, I'm trying everything, but nothing !!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Blog Entries

Did you try both approaches in the opening post?

Might as well check this, too.

Have tried to get the game going again.
    Have the Rome disks and have got RomeTW working via Steam, put in code.
    Trying to get RS working, have tried everything in this thread and it still will not start.
    It gets as far as the Rome AUC536 picture, plays some music and then closes down.
    Have changed the preferences as suggested and the compatibility to windows pack xp service 2, also the HazardHawk suggestions to no avail.
    On the RSII screen it shows in the top corner RS 2.2 and launcher 1.2.2 are they correct?
    Also it only shows play with RTW not BI, unable to even get ALEXT installed.
    Properties in RS show START IN as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\Data\UI\WONDERS"
    and TARGET as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe" -nm -ne

I am stumped !
    Any other ideas?

Blog Entries

While 'target' may be correct I highly doubt 'start in' is correct then. And what is that Roma Surrectum II.exe file? A custom launcher?

While 'target' may be correct I highly doubt 'start in' is correct then. And what is that Roma Surrectum II.exe file? A custom launcher?
    Thanks for the reply...
    I installed Rome (Anthology) via Steam (could not get it to work otherwise) by adding the code in the box.
    It installs Rome but does not recognise the Barbarian or Alex disks.
    Installed RSII in the Steam/common folder because that was where RTW was..
    I have not altered the Start or Target fields other than adding -nm -ne (what do they mean?)
    The target seemed wrong to me but I really have a limited set of pc skills ..
    Roma Surrectum II.exe file Really sorry but I have no idea did not put that in.
    Have noticed it is in Compatibility mode for Windows7 nor XP as I mentioned, is that wrong ?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Blog Entries

This article tells me that regular desktop shortcuts are not the yellow of the egg when it comes to Steam. It's also part of the reason why I wrote this tutorial.

This Wiki article will explain a few things regarding command lines.

I am not very hot on RTW installations, they occasionally tend to end up in the default folder and not independent from it - I would suggest to enquire in the RS forum regarding on how to install. I thought the Steam installation of RTW would come with BI at least?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by ro6ertj View Post
    Have tried to get the game going again.
    Have the Rome disks and have got RomeTW working via Steam, put in code.
    Trying to get RS working, have tried everything in this thread and it still will not start.
    It gets as far as the Rome AUC536 picture, plays some music and then closes down.
    Have changed the preferences as suggested and the compatibility to windows pack xp service 2, also the HazardHawk suggestions to no avail.
    On the RSII screen it shows in the top corner RS 2.2 and launcher 1.2.2 are they correct?
    Also it only shows play with RTW not BI, unable to even get ALEXT installed.
    Properties in RS show START IN as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\Data\UI\WONDERS"
    and TARGET as "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe" -nm -ne

I am stumped !
    Any other ideas?
    Alexander is a separate game.

I know what you mean about not finding a shortcut for BI, but that is how Steam works and now you need to click on Rome TW in the Steam Library then select BI via a game selector in Steam.

So, I guess that this also applies for RTW mods in Steam.

I doubt the RS launcher will work for Steam, so I suggest that you use RTW Anthology for the time being.

I also suggest that you move Steam outside of UAC since it is known to cause issues with a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by ro6ertj View Post
    Thanks for the reply...
    I installed Rome (Anthology) via Steam (could not get it to work otherwise) by adding the code in the box.
    It installs Rome but does not recognise the Barbarian or Alex disks.
    Installed RSII in the Steam/common folder because that was where RTW was..
    I have not altered the Start or Target fields other than adding -nm -ne (what do they mean?)
    The target seemed wrong to me but I really have a limited set of pc skills ..
    Roma Surrectum II.exe file Really sorry but I have no idea did not put that in.
    Have noticed it is in Compatibility mode for Windows7 nor XP as I mentioned, is that wrong ?

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
    The Rome TW Anthology has two installations; Rome TW Gold Edition (RTW and BI) and the other installation is RTW Alxeander as a separate game with a separate desktop shortcut.

This article tells me that regular desktop shortcuts are not the yellow of the egg when it comes to Steam. It's also part of the reason why I wrote this tutorial.

This Wiki article will explain a few things regarding command lines.

I am not very hot on RTW installations, they occasionally tend to end up in the default folder and not independent from it - I would suggest to enquire in the RS forum regarding on how to install. I thought the Steam installation of RTW would come with BI at least?
    RTW on Steam does come with BI, it is just that BI doesn't have a shortcut on desktop hence for launching BI via a game selector in your Steam Library by double clicking on RTW.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567