Thread: Scourge of War: Waterloo v NTW

Icon10 Scourge of War: Waterloo v NTW

While waiting the long wait for Napoleon 2 I keep my eyes open for all other tactical Napoleonic PC wargames. Most are disappointing or just not quite there (e.g. Imperial Glory). My favourites so far are NTW and Shrapnel's Waterloo: Napoleon's Last Battle and Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory.

Now I see that a new game has come up and I wonder who has played it and what it is like?

Scourge of War: Waterloo

I did try Take Command: 2nd Manassas a few years back and I think that uses the same engine as the Scourge of War games? I didn't get into that game but this looks promising and it gets a very good review from Armchair General... Thoughts, please!

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Re: Scourge of War: Waterloo v NTW

I've played Scourge of War: Gettysburg and I absolutely love it. If Waterloo is anything like it (which I can't imagine it not being) then Waterloo is a must-have.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    I've played Scourge of War: Gettysburg and I absolutely love it. If Waterloo is anything like it (which I can't imagine it not being) then Waterloo is a must-have.
    Okay... So did you play Take Command: 2nd Manassas? I would be interested in hearing the differences between that and SOW: Gettysburg as well!

Dave Strider's Avatar Dux Limitis

Sadly I haven't. Though I've seen gameplay of it. SOW: Gettysburg is MUCH more detailed and, in my opinion, a much better and more immersive gaming experience, though it does have the tendency sadly to be quite laggy.
    when the union's inspiration through the worker's blood shall run,
    there can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun,
    yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one?
    but the union makes us strong.