Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: Faction Governments and Colonies

That's because you're looking in the wrong place. Phalangitai don't come from government buildings, they come from colonies.

Indeed, most Hellenistic units don't come from their government buildings, but from the polis and colony buildings.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 28, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

now im in game and no, they are not provided by any of faction arangement. as i said, just in pella and pergamon they are avalaible.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    now im in game and no, they are not provided by any of faction arangement. as i said, just in pella and pergamon they are avalaible.
    Because as I just told you, they don't come from factional governments, they come from Hellenistic colonies. Pella, Antiocheia and Alexandreia are exceptions to this, because they have large concentrations of Makedonians, or Makedonian settlers. Otherwise, you had to import them, which is what the helcol represents. Pergamon has a helcol_two, which is why it has Phalangitai.

You need to look at the buildings themselves, not just what is in the recruitment queue. Many factions have multiple sources of recruitment, not just their government buildings. In the case of the Hellenistic factions, their government buildings are not their main source of recruitment.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; April 28, 2016 at 06:48 AM.

i dont want argue, but i have many cities in greece with hel_col tier 3, and still i am not able recruit them. im talking about phalangitai unit, not deuteroi right?
    Last edited by Maroslav; April 28, 2016 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    i dont want argue, but i have many cities in greece with hel_col tier 3, and still i am not able recruit them. im talking about phalangitai unit, not deuteroi right?
    Phalangitai aren't available everywhere you might build a helcol_two or above. They come primarily from Anatolia, with smaller numbers in Syria, Egypt and western Iran. From Greece itself (aside from Makedonia proper) you only get Deuteroi. Who are actually pretty decent, and better than any other levy phalanx.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    In 2.1b, you can only build one.

In 2.2, you can have up to 3, depending on how large your empire is.
    now i found that u for my luck lied to me dont know why but ow when i started conquering asia minor from Ptolemais, next basilike is opened to me.

edit: another disapearing bug happy for one turn.
    Last edited by Maroslav; April 29, 2016 at 04:18 PM.

You're not playing 2.2, so you can only build one.

hmm still think doesnt matter even if i could build that, i could not afford much more of them. think +20K pt with keeping +100K bank is enough for developing reserves.

Lots of little changes including

Hellenistic Nabatean reform.

Most European tribes get an extra government building, and pritanoi continentals.

KH governments a bit more simplified (the reforms remain the same)

Of course now Qarthadast has a large addition to their governments with their new Iberian expansion options. 8 governments and 10 colonies total!

Well that was fast, haha.

This is great!

Well, Mantaprey does have inside information now, being part of the playtest team. So he's had a while to check things out before the release of 2.2.

Mantaprey - two small amendments:
    1) Numidia needs a Native Colony column added - they can build them after their settling reform.
    2) Nabatu can only build one nabatu_roysat, so choose well.

correct me if im wrong, but cultural conditions are now redundant and do not apply to Hay reforms. 'Imperial Seat' should allow building of a second capital.

excellent job btw

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    correct me if im wrong, but cultural conditions are now redundant and do not apply to Hay reforms. 'Imperial Seat' should allow building of a second capital.

excellent job btw
    Correct, as you advised, we removed that requirement for the Hay reforms.

Apologies if this info is already posted elsewhere, but I had a couple of questions about the Carthaginian colonization/gov system:

1: What is a "Punic Klerouchy" (the only requirement for Native Col which I could find in the building description which looked Carthaginian-related)

2: What government forms work with a Nat Col for QH?

3: Why am I able to build both Allied Oligarchies and Allied Democracies in the same city without destroying one or the other to switch over? For example, in Gadir the building browser lists both Allied Democracy and Allied Oligarchy as having been constructed; in a captured city I first had only the option for Allied Oligarchy, then after building it I had the option for Allied Democracy; are they now part of the same "tree" i.e. the one is an upgrade of the other? Does "upgrading" affect recruitment-pools?

Question 3 is just because I didn't want to build the Democracy on top and then find out it "erased" my Oligarchy

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang von Zweibrücken View Post
    Apologies if this info is already posted elsewhere, but I had a couple of questions about the Carthaginian colonization/gov system:

1: What is a "Punic Klerouchy" (the only requirement for Native Col which I could find in the building description which looked Carthaginian-related)
    It's the main Carthaginian post-reform government type.

2: What government forms work with a Nat Col for QH?
    Kleruchy, Council and Barcid Capital.

3: Why am I able to build both Allied Oligarchies and Allied Democracies in the same city without destroying one or the other to switch over? For example, in Gadir the building browser lists both Allied Democracy and Allied Oligarchy as having been constructed; in a captured city I first had only the option for Allied Oligarchy, then after building it I had the option for Allied Democracy; are they now part of the same "tree" i.e. the one is an upgrade of the other? Does "upgrading" affect recruitment-pools?

Question 3 is just because I didn't want to build the Democracy on top and then find out it "erased" my Oligarchy
    I have no idea, that should not be possible. Where is your game installed?

Where can KH build the League Member (higher tier gov) now? I have been trhough the files and doesnt seem to have any hard limtiation. Before it was a number of selected cities but now it doesnt refer to any hidden resource. Just ask to have a polis and dont have other types of goverment or local colony
    Polis tou ton Hellenon Koinou (Greek League Member State)
    kh8 city requires factions { f_kh, } and not building_present govallied and not building_present colony_eastern and building_present_min_level hinterland_hellenistic_polis polis_two and event_counter ecKoinonSymploteiaEnd 1

We will either find a way, or make one.

You just need a polis_two+ present, and have not built a Native Colony. It's only the kh7 that's limited to four.

So they spehere of influnce has increased drastically then. Been able to have top notch govemernts in a lot of places. They still get different recruitment depending on place but its indeed a great improve of their versatility then.

We will either find a way, or make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaj View Post
    So they spehere of influnce has increased drastically then. Been able to have top notch govemernts in a lot of places. They still get different recruitment depending on place but its indeed a great improve of their versatility then.
    Given they can't build new polis' for themselves, it's not as drastic an expansion as it might seem. Beyond the places that start with one, you'd be reliant on the AI establishing new ones.

Unless you transplanted in the script that lets KH build new ones.