Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: Faction Governments and Colonies

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    Whoops, I was just about to try my first playthrough ever as Saka. Maybe it's better to wait? They seem to have a few units available, at least.
    Wait. They'll have a lot wider access to regional units from the beginning with this change. Including access to their own faction units (the Axemen were missed off all their own governments before).

Yeah, I got about a hundred turns in, but it was getting tedious with just Riders, Horse Archers, and super expensive Early Nobles who kinda did both. And one kind of foot archer that were useless offensively given the vast distances to cover and how they held the army back. I'll come back to them with a fuller roster. Thanks.

Oh my, this is incredibly useful and educational. How does this not have a sticky yet? Absolutely necessary information here!

Colonies are changed some more; helcols are regional in what they offer (and don't give anything in the peripheral regions); eastcols are more widespread but don't give any conversion outside the former Persian Empire.

Also only the top two Hellenistic government buildings give Hellenistic units.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; November 18, 2015 at 11:16 AM.

Is it just me or is there a bug, where if you start building something that requires a colony point and then cancel it, you don't get the point back and thus have to wait before trying anything colonial again?

That is not a bug per se but a limitation of the game engine. The script works by offering you one colony at a time despite all colonies in all provinces being available since you can only turn the creation of colonies on or off. Add soon as you queue a building, if it is a colony one, the colony available flag is turned off so you don't build seven this turn. Unfortunately there is no building removed from queue event that could be used to refund you and let you pick somewhere else. Everyone learns this gotcha but thankfully it only takes once to learn. Load last turn's save and try again. Never dequeue a colony since you lose the point, so thus never queue one unless you're certain.
    Last edited by myarta; November 18, 2015 at 10:34 AM.

Unfortunately, it also means if one is sabotaged out of the building queue, it's gone. But yeah, don't cancel colonies.

Mantaprey - you might want to separate the Native Military Colony out into a separate category of it's own - there are several more factions than the Hellenistic ones who can build them.

Migrations requirements changed to "no more than 50%" of your culture to build, instead of "at least 25%" to build.

Does the Confederation Government for the European tribes decreases the Authority points of the current faction leader when the building is complete or does it apply to all the following FLs as well? Does destroying the government building restore the lost authorities points? It would be interesting to have the option/need to revert a confederation back to a protectorate to represent changes in the tribal balance of powers and in the support offered by each settlement, especialy when a new, less inspiring leader is acclaimed.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; December 08, 2015 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Does the Confederation Government for the European tribes decreases the Authority points of the current faction leader when the building is complete or does it apply to all the following FLs as well? Does destroying the government building restore the lost authorities points? It would be interesting to have the option/need to revert a confederation back to a protectorate to represent changes in the tribal balance of powers, especialy when a new, less inspiring leader is acclaimed.
    The game counts your confederacies and subtracts 1 (you get your starting one free) each turn and adjusts your malus appropriately. It only changes by 1 point per turn, up or down. So if you have your leader die, the new leader will start with no malus and each turn will lose a point of authority until their malus equals the number of confederacies (Warning: the conditions generally prevent you from overflowing negative, so while you may have 5 confederacies you may only have 2 points of the confederacy trait because his authority is so low he doesn't have any points to lose. Thus anything you do to free up more points would just result in the script continuing to raise the malus until it finally reached 4 (# of confederacies - 1). So you can get the jump on this by smashing confederacies to limit his authority loss. He'll lose a point from the first turn, but then if you smash them all, on the next turn he will recoup that point again. Or if you just smash some, his 1-per-turn ramp of of authority loss will stop at a lower point.

tl;dr Yes to all your questions. It adjusts automatically each turn for whoever is the FL, +-1 point per turn is the max change rate.

Quote Originally Posted by myarta View Post
    The game counts your confederacies and subtracts 1 (you get your starting one free) each turn and adjusts your malus appropriately. It only changes by 1 point per turn, up or down. So if you have your leader die, the new leader will start with no malus and each turn will lose a point of authority until their malus equals the number of confederacies (Warning: the conditions generally prevent you from overflowing negative, so while you may have 5 confederacies you may only have 2 points of the confederacy trait because his authority is so low he doesn't have any points to lose. Thus anything you do to free up more points would just result in the script continuing to raise the malus until it finally reached 4 (# of confederacies - 1). So you can get the jump on this by smashing confederacies to limit his authority loss. He'll lose a point from the first turn, but then if you smash them all, on the next turn he will recoup that point again. Or if you just smash some, his 1-per-turn ramp of of authority loss will stop at a lower point.

tl;dr Yes to all your questions. It adjusts automatically each turn for whoever is the FL, +-1 point per turn is the max change rate.
    Thank you for the answer! Seems that the current system is already extremely well made then, not that I would expect less! I just read a historical romance about Viriathus (The Voice of the Gods by Joćo Aguiar) where I got fascinated about the hardship that was to keep different tribes focused together on the same goals and could not wait any longer for starting a Lusotannan campain (was planning to play other factions before the Autumn release). Thank you for making such a excelent mod for role playing (and everything else)!

The excited one's Avatar Senator

can someone sticky this or put it as part of a guide for everyone? It took me a while to found this thread
    war is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery......
    (george orwell 1984)

Am I crazy or is what I'm seeing, that I can build Aedes Negotiatorum in Italy even after Socii Italici, correct?

You should be able to yes, as long as you have the correct market level building. There are two provinces where you can't build them though. Provinces 038 and 043, which I believe are Arretium and Rhegion.

hi, i know that has been discused many times before but i cant find that. about basilike patris, i builded one in athenas and even if i reach all requirements i still cant build another one. can someone explain me tht? btw that first one didnt have so high requires on hel. mil. colony, first lvl was enough. maybe its just for the first.

In 2.1b, you can only build one.

In 2.2, you can have up to 3, depending on how large your empire is.

i suppose if i take some by ptolemais or former seleukids it will be auto-destructed?

Any factional government building belonging to another faction is automatically destroyed. Otherwise they stack up as they change hands between the AI factions, until they can't build any more, and the game crashes.

In short, no you can't spam elites by building lots of Basilike Patris governments.

i thought at least i could be able develop more cities to be able recruit there those medium phalangitai, but also not. just pella(and pergamon not sure now)

and btw: when romani can field 2-3 polybian triari per stack, which is comparable unit to hypaspistai, where is justice than
    Last edited by Maroslav; April 27, 2016 at 08:46 PM.