Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: Faction Governments and Colonies

I got it, I usually keep up with your changes. unless I'm missing something.

Hi. Im playing with koinon. I have the congress in athens. But i dont know who to create archons...someone can explain that to me please?

Code:
    gandhara_local requires factions { f_gandhara, } and hidden_resource indo
    gandhara_local requires factions { f_gandhara, } and event_counter ecGandharaIndependence 1
    On Taskashila, the diagram doesn't show the condition that you cannot build a Direct Mauryan government unless you are in "Indo" or you have completed your independent event. The diagram suggests the independence event is needed just to upgrade gandhara_local to the next stage, whereas it's needed for the Direct Mauryan too if not in India. And at least one reasonable expansion, Orthospana, is not flagged as "Indo."

Quote Originally Posted by baniwel View Post
    Hi. Im playing with koinon. I have the congress in athens. But i dont know who to create archons...someone can explain that to me please?
    You can't create them, it's a trait that will be assigned to the garrison commanders of specific settlements. When you have four of them, you need to send them to Korinthos.

Only yo korinthos?i have the congress in athens...

Quote Originally Posted by baniwel View Post
    Only yo korinthos?i have the congress in athens...
    Doesn't matter where the Congress is, the gathering of Archons takes place in Korinthos.

Ok thanks!!!i will do that

Direct Mauryan Government mystery solved.
    updated a few governments
    I believe Hayasdan now has 2 ways to establish their imperial capital, from what i can understand.

Hayastan has multiple ways depending on how capable an FL you have.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Hayastan has multiple ways depending on how capable an FL you have.
    in order to form hayasdan you have to build 6 tribal goverments
    refuse seleukids
    win some batles with seleukids and take 3 cities.

do i must do them in this order
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

There are changes coming to a number of government buildings which were lacking their local unit pools. It's amazing what you can learn by reading the building descriptions!

Carthaginian Allied Colony now has a local unit pool similar to the other two (but in smaller numbers). The Sauromatian Admin, Saka Admin, Saka Autonomous Satrapy and Saka Satrapy now have local pools. That should change the gameplay of the Saka after their reforms pretty significantly.

Obviously you'll need to see 2.06 for the details, but it's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    in order to form hayasdan you have to build 6 tribal goverments
    refuse seleukids
    win some batles with seleukids and take 3 cities.

do i must do them in this order
    That's the independence script and Pan-Caucasian kingdom. Not the Imperial capital. That depends on the traits of your Faction Leader and how many settlements you have.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

That's the independence script and Pan-Caucasian kingdom. Not the Imperial capital. That depends on the traits of your Faction Leader and how many settlements you have.
    still do you need to do them in the specific order
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Yes any order you like. You still need to do both to establish a royal kingdom. I will make it more clearer soon.

EB never ceases to amaze. Awesome features...

There's been changes to a whole host of factions' government buildings in terms of the rosters they provide (Bosporan, Pontic, Pahlavan, Sakan, Sauromatian) - and the addition of Client Rulers to the alliedstate (Allied Government precursor building - which has also lost most of it's bonuses). Also to the rosters of the Native Colony (eastcol).

There was a lot of changes. Native Colony is now imported soldiers from neighboring regions and Taksashila can build them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    There was a lot of changes. Native Colony is now imported soldiers from neighboring regions and Taksashila can build them now.
    Taksashila were always able to build them; the addition is the Bosporans.

Hi Manta,

I started a first-time play through as the Ptolemoi, and it looks like their graph has a slight issue:

The Epistatia epi Laous looks like a dead-end, but in fact it can upgrade into Epistateia epi Hellenas.

Sakan and Sauromatian pre-reform pools are changing in 2.06a - they'll look a lot like the Pahlavan versions of the Allied Clan and Royal Clan buildings.

Sakan and Sauromatian pre-reform pools are changing in 2.06a - they'll look a lot like the Pahlavan versions of the Allied Clan and Royal Clan buildings.
    Whoops, I was just about to try my first playthrough ever as Saka. Maybe it's better to wait? They seem to have a few units available, at least.