Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: Faction Governments and Colonies

Rome & Hayasdan

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Does Rome get colonists from the Municipia government? or just automatically constantly?
    Starting on turn 21 you are eligible, then every 16 turns after that. It doesn't check for presence of a municipia govt in at least one city first.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

It seems like the objective for Romans is to plant as many level 2 colonies in Italia as possible. So: Turn 21 Capua. Turn 37 Capua lvl2. Turn 53 Arretium, turn 69 Arretium. That'll create two 60% culture Ius Latinorum provinces. Then you can work on Arpi and Ariminium for the next 64 turns. Then another 64 turns to do the same in Taras and Rhegion. Basically 200 turns to get IusLat everywhere if you follow this, but I think cultural conversion will take a little longer than that.

Not sure if there's ever a point colonizing outside of Italy?

By the way, it seems AI always has colonists available, though it has no brain to use them properly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    By the way, it seems AI always has colonists available, though it has no brain to use them properly anyway.
    By design, the colonist system is far too complex, and AI construction too unreliable, to require it to use the same system as the player.

Yea, Koinon AI building allied government in Thermon or Corinth...

Maybe a script could destroy government buildings that are obviously stupidly placed. But such a script would have to (once more) go through all settlements and check for building requirements, so would probably be a little too heavy.

Pontos and updated Pahlava

Speaking of KH governments, is there a way to build the Allied city state government outside of the starting 3 cities? The polis en symmachikon kai philia doesn't appear in the building browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Kravixon01 View Post
    Speaking of KH governments, is there a way to build the Allied city state government outside of the starting 3 cities? The polis en symmachikon kai philia doesn't appear in the building browser.
    Check the sticky reforms thread.

It seems like the objective for Romans is to plant as many level 2 colonies in Italia as possible. So: Turn 21 Capua. Turn 37 Capua lvl2. Turn 53 Arretium, turn 69 Arretium. That'll create two 60% culture Ius Latinorum provinces. Then you can work on Arpi and Ariminium for the next 64 turns. Then another 64 turns to do the same in Taras and Rhegion. Basically 200 turns to get IusLat everywhere if you follow this, but I think cultural conversion will take a little longer than that.
    Yes, that's precisely what I do. I finally made it to Ius Lat in Capua, and Arretium is close. When you're done, you can recruit factional troops in seven provinces. The problem I'm having is you can't get any troops outside of Italy unless you use the Free Cities option in Illyria or former Punic/Libya regions. Or go full allied city state.

In EB1, at this point I would have provinces in all my expansion regions and would be sending troops in from Italy while waiting for Marian reforms to make resupplying armies a hell of a lot easier. Plus, I could at least get some Celtic spearmen in Gaul in my provinces. Since we don't have Marian reforms yet, I'm not really sure what to do with my Rome campaign at this point. I haven't started much into Gaul yet, but when I do it will all have to be allied city states or no recruitment?

I'm looking forward to when this gets fleshed out a bit better in upcoming editions. Does anyone know if it's planned that you can get low level regional troops recruitable despite choosing Roman government, like in EB1?

Before i post the KH government and reforms i just want to clear a few things up.

Code:
    kh6 city requires factions { f_kh, } and not building_present govallied and region_religion rel_h 25 and not hidden_resource greek1 and region_religion rel_h 50 and event_counter ecKoinonAdmin 1
    Can some one translate this? Its for Hellenistic admin.

KH6 requires: 25% Hellenistic Polites, outside Hellas, 50% Hellenistic polites and finished reform. I don't understand the 2 culture requirements.

and secondly does "hidden_resource greek1" include Hellas homeland and its old colonies or just the homeland by it's self?

Regarding greek1 you can just pull the full list from descr_regions. There's a pretty chaotic and parrtially overlapping layout between greek1, greek2, hellen1, hellen2...

In terms of culture I think double entry is a bug, probably devs had another culture here in mind, and that 25% should be eastern imperial not hellenic, for example.
    Last edited by delra; August 13, 2015 at 03:54 AM.

Regarding greek1 you can just pull the full list from descr_regions. There's a pretty chaotic and parrtially overlapping layout between greek1, greek2, hellen1, hellen2...

In terms of culture I think double entry is a bug, probably devs had another culture here in mind, and that 25% should be eastern imperial not hellenic, for example.
    Alright thanks.

Koinon Hellenon, It can be confusing so i have Integrated and Separated the Reforms from the governments. you can choose which one you like. It might still be confusing in the end as Simpolitea and Symmachikon Koinon unlock while you are going through the reforms. The rest unlock went it is complete. Polis en Symmachia kai Philia dissapears when it is over.
    Lougiones.
    Hayasdan, the capitals are only available in Armavir.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maps by Gigantus.

It's not chaotic at all, they're placed where they are on purpose. Not is there any overlap whatsoever between greek1 and greek2, nor between hellen1 and hellen2. There are some occasional overlaps between greek1 and hellen2; and between greek2 and hellen2.

Corrected KH
    Added HelCol for Pontos
    Bosphoran

A few questions before i put more up

Does anyone know if Massyli change culture to Eastern Imperial after their reform?

Are the new European Tribal States going to happen or still deciding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    A few questions before i put more up

Does anyone know if Massyli change culture to Eastern Imperial after their reform?

Are the new European Tribal States going to happen or still deciding?
    The Numidians don't change to Eastern Imperial - there's nothing in the script for it.

The new culture split is happening, I'm working it out at the moment. My current thinking is to genericise Indian Tribal States to simply "Southern Tribal" and leave India be, but then change rel_e in Iberia and the Balkans for the new rel_i. Arevaci and Getai will become rel_i.

EDIT: Also bear in mind from 2.04b onwards, you have colonists with three polis_two's, as well as one polis_three.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; August 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM.

The Koinon Hellenon mechanics look really, really interesting.

Koinon's start is indeed quite fun. Long-term they will let you down with their inability to build a new polis anywhere. Your campaign will eventually hit that wall.

Updated or added

Sweboz
    Migration-Confedration Tribes
    Getai
    Pritanoi
    Nabateans
    Massyli
    Lougiones
    Bosphorans
    Pontos

My current thinking is to genericise Indian Tribal States to simply "Southern Tribal" and leave India be, but then change rel_e in Iberia and the Balkans for the new rel_i. Arevaci and Getai will become rel_i.
    Sounds good this way Taksashila will still have its own culture

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast