Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Default Re: [Official] Faction Governments and Colonies

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    In my current Baktrian campaign I built an Metropolis like more than 20 turns ago and I haven't earned any colonists from it. Isn't it supposed to produce colonists each 16 turns?
    Yes, though past turn 64 you won't get any notifications. You should get polis/colony buildings in your building browser, though.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Yes, though past turn 64 you won't get any notifications. You should get polis/colony buildings in your building browser, though.
    Thank you for your answer, didn't knew about the limit on the notifications. I started the game just to check if something was missing and now I do have colonies and polis buildings in many of my settlements that weren't there before. Maybe something stopped the script and prevented them from appearing during my last time playing?

PS: Went to check out the eb.system.log.txt and there are some errors:

Theres the last lines from it:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

(...)
    Building DB error - faction f_sauromatae has gap in building prior to turan_enclave
    17:26:47.930 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_sauromatae has gap in building prior to tocharian_enclave
    17:26:47.930 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_sauromatae has gap in building prior to arabian_enclave
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to pergamon4
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    17:26:47.931 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to palaistra
    17:26:47.931 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_pergamon has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to zurkhaneh
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to small_gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasium
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to palaistra
    Building DB error - faction f_bosporan has gap in building prior to gymnasiumacademic
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_arevaci has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_one
    Building DB error - faction f_boii has gap in building prior to stock_two
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_one
    17:26:47.932 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 31656, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_belgai has gap in building prior to stock_two
    17:27:19.728 [game.script] [always] Game Reloaded
    17:27:19.728 [game.script] [always] Battle Scripts Reset
    17:32:06.188 [game.script] [always] Battle Loading

And the full log eb.system.log.txt
    It only seems to have entries from today where I just started the game to check it out (din't properly played) dunno if the errors are related. Next time I play I will pay more attention to it.
    Last edited by LusitanianWolf; October 28, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

There's absolutely nothing unusual in that log. You can ignore all those EDB errors, they're false positives creating by buildings having more than one upgrade path.

Ok, today I just started the game to check if I was missing anything, since I was expecting to see the colonists pop-ups. But I will start paying attention to the logs while I play.

Btw, I've reached turn 300 on my Baktrian campaign, any feedback you need in particular from the late game?

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    Ok, today I just started the game to check if I was missing anything, since I was expecting to see the colonists pop-ups. But I will start paying attention to the logs while I play.

Btw, I've reached turn 300 on my Baktrian campaign, any feedback you need in particular from the late game?
    The minimap is always useful to see. Anything unusual you've seen so far, big shifts caused by re-emergence or hording, that sort of thing.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Can someone explain to me why my praetors are not getting province ancillaries? I have the province building built and when I put a praetor as governor nothing happens. Is something broken?

Quixk question for anyone:

Playing as Makedonia, I captured Kyrene from the Ptolemies. It has a Greek polis, but I am only able to build a foreign military garrison, not the Hellenistic colony. Is this a distance thing? I do have colony points as I am able to build in other places, just not in this one for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ETXBlues View Post
    Quixk question for anyone:

Playing as Makedonia, I captured Kyrene from the Ptolemies. It has a Greek polis, but I am only able to build a foreign military garrison, not the Hellenistic colony. Is this a distance thing? I do have colony points as I am able to build in other places, just not in this one for some reason. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    The limitation will be the government you can put there. You need at least a Hellenic Admin to put a colony there.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    The limitation will be the government you can put there. You need at least a Hellenic Admin to put a colony there.
    Great, thank. That would be it! Now the player guide makes more sense to me.

Hm, I'm a bit confused with the Aedes Negotiatorum building line. Somehow it only very rarely and just sometimes shows that it converts culture. Why is this? Shouldn't it always convert culture (Yeah I know, up to some threshhold. But I even get this with settlements having only a few percent culture)?

Maybe there is something else, converjng to a foreign culture? Like Nomadic Enclave or Hellenistic Colony?

I have updated the guide to 2.35A R2.

Hm, I'm a bit confused with the Aedes Negotiatorum building line. Somehow it only very rarely and just sometimes shows that it converts culture. Why is this? Shouldn't it always convert culture (Yeah I know, up to some threshhold. But I even get this with settlements having only a few percent culture)?
    Culture conversion only happens once a year (every 4 turns) in winter I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    I have updated the guide to 2.35A R2.

Culture conversion only happens once a year (every 4 turns) in winter I think.
    Correct, the conversion capability only shows up on the building card in winter, when it actually happens.

I am playing Makedonia on 2.35A. I have achieved Imperial Antigonidai. Is there a hidden resource that allows you to build Basilike Patris only in certain regions? If so, does anyone have a list of the provinces which it can be built in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dachanto View Post
    I am playing Makedonia on 2.35A. I have achieved Imperial Antigonidai. Is there a hidden resource that allows you to build Basilike Patris only in certain regions? If so, does anyone have a list of the provinces which it can be built in?
    hellen1, greek1 or royal_core.

Well I guess that rules out building a Basilike Patris in Ipsos.

Many thanks for the response QuintusSertorius!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112