Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I boost peity of generals?

Default How do I boost peity of generals?

I'm sick of inquisitors executing my best generals. How can I ensure that my generals have a relatively high peity rating?

...Build more churches?

...Recruit more priests?

How does the whole 'peity' thing work?

Thanks for any help!

Default Re: How do I boost peity of generals?

Crusading helps alot. Not only for the crusader trait (of which the top one gives +5 piety IIRC), but you get the ancillaries from the Knights Templar, Knights of St.John etc, which also give piety (again, IIRC).

Oh right.

...The problem with that is: I did start a crusade using my faction heir (Henry) but his peity was Zero and he was duly burned at the stake by an inq' on the way to Jerusalem.

"Well send a general with high peity..." I hear you say. Well I would have done so but the only available general with OK peity was my faction leader and he was due to die sometime over the next several goes.

There must be some other way off increasing peity amongst generals???

there really isn't so far as I can tell other than building gads of churches... and stay OUT of cities without churches- you will get some wierd nutcase who lowers your piety as a hanger-on.

Ebullient Princesses! Titles! Bloodlines! Bastard Traitors!
    So much fun in one little BBB package! Get yours today!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus In Command View Post
    Oh right.

...The problem with that is: I did start a crusade using my faction heir (Henry) but his peity was Zero and he was duly burned at the stake by an inq' on the way to Jerusalem.

"Well send a general with high peity..." I hear you say. Well I would have done so but the only available general with OK peity was my faction leader and he was due to die sometime over the next several goes.

There must be some other way off increasing peity amongst generals???
    God, I absolutly hate Inquisitors. Three of my campaigns have been ended when they killed my whole dynasty. Gonna change that when we get the unpacker...

Anyway, you seem to just have to be lucky to avoid the Inquisitors.

You would think that leading a crusade would insulate a general from the Inquisition....

Heh heh... tell that to the whole Templar order! LOL.

lawngnome's Avatar Cool as a Dry Ice.

Building churches/priests while a general is governor seems to be the most reliable way to raise piety. Crusading works well, but you can't always rely on crusading.
    Under the patronage of lawngnome. Patron of lawngnome.

I believe the inqusiotrs should work like this:

When they want to kill one of your family member in your lands, you should be asked where the you accept or refuse. If you accept your relation with pope increase if you refuse it will decrease.

In reality if papal state wanted to burn my son, I will send that inquster back to pope and tell him to stick somewhere he likes, and dnt care if all world crusades aginst me

A brilliant simple idea. If the AI can handle it, I'm all for it!

So units with high peity stand a good chance of surviving an inquisitor?

So you'd think, but no. If he fails he will just try again. My Prince had a piety of 9 due to crusading, but the inquisitor just kept on trying to put the poor lad on fire. In his fourth attempt he suceeded.

At times I think Disco Inferno should be part of the soundtrack

scottn72's Avatar Civis

Inquisitors aren't a problem if you keep your regions 100% catholic, build a priest for each of your regions as soon as and leave them there for the duration.

A side effect of this is that it gives the priests a good chance of becoming cardinals and then Pope.

Unfortunately I can't tell you if this helps with your generals piety or not.

You can block inquisitors with military units. Form a cordon around cities/armies that are under threat, and post peasents/pilgrims on bridges, fords and mountain passes - this also gives enemy merchants, spies and assasins a hard time.

Pent uP Rage's Avatar Tech *********

How your General acts on the battlefield is a small part as well. I know it's generally the Chivalrous traits, but try not hunting down your foes and killing them. When the battle is finished and the opposing army routs, don't chase them down. Release troops instead of Ransoming or killing them.
    These things will get you higher chivalry, but will get a piety point or two as well.

under the patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, son of the Black Prince
    Before you post, see if your question has already been answered
    here

strange in my campaigns and this is on VH. The inquistors at the most only burn some priests that aren't pious enough but never any of my family members... My only problem is not having any "charming" princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by ML101 View Post
    strange in my campaigns and this is on VH. The inquistors at the most only burn some priests that aren't pious enough but never any of my family members... My only problem is not having any "charming" princesses.
    Funny you should mention that, I played on easy 1st time around and found the game VERY difficult, then I played on medium and found the campaign to be easier than it is on easy... my mate said the same thing when he played aswell - work that one out?

For what its worth I also find inquisitors stupidly hard to avoid, losing all my most loyal generals to them, as for piety I'm lucky if my general has 1/10 and thats in a city/castle with 2 priests and high level churches.

I don't mind a challenge but rebelling armies, homicidal inquisitors and run-away crusaders is getting beyond a joke!
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

I'ts not beyond precedent for difficulty levels to misnamed and inverted... maybe Easy is Hard and visa versa? This sort of thing happened in XCOM I think...

Cheat and give traits to your generals too close of an inquisitor.

just had a 20 yr old general found innocent at trial...at least the inquisitors dont always get their way. The kid didnt even have any piety...just a good lawyer i guess. I've lost maybe 2 family members to inquisitors over a 100 turns (6months/turn)

Quote Originally Posted by scottn72 View Post
    Inquisitors aren't a problem if you keep your regions 100% catholic, build a priest for each of your regions as soon as and leave them there for the duration.
    Not true i'm afraid. Heretics can move between provinces (as can inquisitors) so if you border a region with heresy they can move into yours or if you take over a region with heresy it can take a while to bring it down. Don't say "well use priests to convert the lands first" because there was a region in northern greece during my venice campaign (can't remember the name) that had about 5 preiests a Cardinal and a similar number of egyptian imams that a heretic rose from.
    Also, I don't know if this is scripted, the problem I had with heresy in Northern Italy was because Rome itself spewed out 4 or 5 high piety heretics over a couple of turns which moved into my land. Even though I got rid of them quickly there was an inquisitor who appeared to stick around my lands and burning every character he could find for the next 40 turns.
    That's my main complaint. The fact that they stick around. After about 10-15 turns they've managed to reach full piety and even the best of the Cardinals aren't safe from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast