Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Fantasy Football League 2015/16 (kicks off 8/8/15)

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Fantasy Football League 2015/16 (kicks off 8/8/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Any captain recommendations for the last week? I've brought in Sanchez out of necessity, but something is screaming at me to go with Aguero...
    Definitely Sanchez. Arsenal at home against the worst team in the league that was mathematically relegated in early April could mean an 8-0 scoreline.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    I've just got rid of Sturridge. I expect he'll get a tonne of points all of a sudden this week because it seems to happen every time I make a transfer this year.

I've brought in Shane Long for a last spin of the dice. Palace will have one eye on the cup. I'm done in this league, but there's two points in it in the other league I'm in and there's cash on the line. I aimed for top five this year in TWC league so I'm ok with how things have gone. I don't tend to think too deeply about team choices or transfers - it comes down to luck eventually no matter what players you pick. Two minutes on the app on a Friday night after some beers - this is the ethos that ends up with 12 points dropped on transfers game week two and elaborate gambles on the likes of Bojan...or Nicholas Anelka in previous years!

Any captain recommendations for the last week? I've brought in Sanchez out of necessity, but something is screaming at me to go with Aguero...
    It would be impossible for me to beat you so consistently if this was a game of luck .

But more seriously, the TWCenter league have gone from being very low quality to being very competitive and you are one of the top 3 % of coaches in the world. Its just that right now there are three of us competing within that bracket of quality which makes it very hard to win. But at least we can take solace from the fact that we are not getting heart broken like the guy who most likely will end up in second place.

He had a huge week and caught up 20 pts to the leader which put him on par with the leader. But he only got Daniels left to play while the leader got both Rashford and Smalling in the team, so it is incredibly unlikely that he will win despite his excellent week.

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Ah you and Gal are on another level. I got lucky and was in the mix slightly for 2nd this year, but that was an exception and I had a bit of luck here and there...just not at the end of the season! Too many Liverpool players, bad luck on captains, bringing in Steve McClaren for the last few game weeks, and misuse of the new chips system. Its judgement and luck combined.

In the other league I'm in, I'm three points ahead. I only had eight players playing this week because of absurd last game rotations that I could never have accounted for. Second place has three Man Utd players. All they have to do is play and I've lost, despite having a better player-per-points ratio (bloody bench boost trickery!). Firmino not playing in particular was costly. I'm surprised few went for him until right at the end - I brought him in early before price increases and he was reliable at bringing home the bacon as a differential.

I hate losing a bet, which I had with the other league - particularly when I don't bet often! Add in Newcastle getting relegated and it has been a terribad season! I didn't pay much attention to the Premier League the last time they were relegated, and didn't play any Fantasy Football games as a result...I can't see that not being the case again next season. Maybe I'll play a novelty team - Wanyama in the middle with Mane and Miralles. John Terry at the back, with Funes Mori. (Mori is the poorest defender I've seen in the Premier League since Titus Bramble!! 100% donkey player, massively overrated.)

I did make a nice bet on the Arsenal pipping Spurs to 2nd though before the last gameweek, so I at least made a bit back.

Anyway, no one has congratulated Gal on his victory yet...probably because it was wrapped up a while ago! Congrats on the dominant win for "Ayew kidding me"- it was an impressive win and one of the better clean team names I've seen this season!! The team name always made me smile each week, until I looked at the weekly points totals you were getting...

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Well, that's about it from me this season. 4 weeks ago I looked at my rank and saw myself close to the top 1 million and put myself the challenge to get in there. Bumpy round, a bit of luck with the triple captain (before Hazard scored my team was around 2500000 rank in the gameweek) and it proved to be the right call. Last gameweek I went for Mane, proved to be a good call but then the player I took out, Sissoko managed 2 assists against Spurs. Oh well, I've reached my goal and moved from 10th place up to 8th and if I am extremely lucky I might pip Glory Gunners to 7th.

Anyways, congrats to Gallus for the victory, I don't think you lost first place all season although you had a dip at the end.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Glory Gooners! I had 2 Utd players tonight I think but no chance of moving up. Congrats to Ayew Kidding Me - real Leicester season - got on top and stayed while all around had bad weeks and gradually we all fell away - some more than others. Still, gradual improvement each year but I need to have faith in my selections sometimes, dropped them to then see them hit a bunch of points. Oh, and use wild card weeks better!

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

Congratulations Gallus. I don't know how you managed to be so consistent throughout the season - even when I thought I was having a great week, you always seemed to manage to get a few more points than me when I checked!
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

I think I congratulated Gallus a few pages back but I can do it again now when victory is certain.

I take a certain amount of pleasure in observing the winner even if I prefer to be the winner. And following Gallus this year have been very impressive so thank you for a good competition with a lot of skillful choices.

is anyone playing the fantasy euro game?

Tim1988's Avatar Vicarius

This year's Fantasy football is now open. Is there a TWC league to join again?
    My Old AARs:
    Uniting a Kingdom - A M2TW:Kingdoms Britannia Campaign
    The Greatest Battles of General Sir Lionel Townshend - A DarthMod Empire Campaign
    Tales of an Old Soldier - A series of DMUC Battles
    My Image Gallery:

Not yet, Ybbon has to renew it first.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Done, see sticky for the new league and details.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Done, see sticky for the new league and details.
    Awesome, my new team name is FC Koseze

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678