Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Upd. 2/13/2016

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta) - Upd. 8/15

Most of my battles are like that, however when it gets to a grind of two decent spearmen it gets maybe about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Draewn View Post
    The long battle feedback is to me bizarre - I have been having quite short and sweet battles? Similar in time-frame to vanilla, more or less, with units melting rapidly when put in deadly situations. This being running the Ancient Empires and DEI packs but nothing at all else.
    I played again today. The battles feel just about right now. I don't know what I did. I did not change anything, Mitch's mod manager only lists the DEI and and AE same ones I used the other day. I don't know if it might be due to old mods under steam work shop that might of been activated after I updated to patch 17. Anyways, Battles are amazing now.

On the battle complains - they continue to trickle in, but really, I would think they'd have to be the result of conflicting mods. I would hope that most people would realize if they were playing DeI loaded first as the startpos's would make it obvious. Battles still need work, but the kill rate thing...don't know.

I don't think that zone of control has been modded or if it is modable at all.
    Zone of control has been reduced along with patch 17 release, from CA.
    They are modifiable, to a small extent. CA reduced them to 3.5 with Patch 17. Ours are set at 3. They had been 5 before. But as I've said repeatedly, zone of control in Rome 2 never prevented an army from moving as your force. It's never worked as it's supposed to. However, the increased movement points may make this more noticeable. You need the movement points to go past/through a ZOC. With more movement points, the odds of that happening are probably bumped up. In general, you probably want to be using multiple stacks to conduct campaigns, though. I realize the economics aren't fully balanced in that area for the human players.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Hi

Seen some earlier posts about problems recruiting core troops due to cultural influence issues.

I'm still getting this playing as the Seleucids, I only get hellenistic influence and no hellenic influence, is this the problem?

In Syria and Mesopotamia the influence is dominated by hellenistic and helenistic elite but lacks hellenic, and i still can't recruit any core troops, just eastern levies etc. I'm Currently on 20ish turns with a holosideros barracks using the latest version of the mod. Also, when i click the recruitment tab the core roster flashes for half a second or so only to disappear leaving only AoR levies to recruit.

*Edit*
    On the very first few turns i had access to the core roster, then they disappeared.
    Last edited by Lun; September 02, 2015 at 07:11 AM.

Try recruiting from your capital. I had the same error as Carthage and found that I couldn't recruit from every city in Africa only my capital. Also Most successor factions are Hellenistic instead of Hellenic as they were only modelling themselves after Hellas.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Didn't work.

Tried recruiting from Antioch, only got the advisor popping up telling me i need hellenic culture.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Figured its my hellenistic influence dropping fast from 40%, what does the hellenistic elite influence do?

Think the influence drop is way too high, have to spend the first 20 turns waiting for it to rise again.

Why don't the ptolemaics suffer from this? They too had manpower problems.

The Seleucids *should* have access to their core troops in Syria from the start. It's home region so cultural influence shouldn't matter at all, but in terms of it dropping - again, you are going to have to build things to help there.

In terms of options appearing and then disappearing, that could be an issue that sometimes pops up (at least in my experience - it's been a while) with these AOR scripts used by DeI. I know when I used to play, there would be times where the wrong units appeared and it would sort of get stuck until I loaded back up.

It could also just be something I screwed up on the religions and Seleucids, but again - I thought they were actually working fine.

In terms of the AI - they aren't impacted by this at all. It's how the script operates.

As the Seleucids, you need Hellenistic culture to dominate to recruit core units outside your core regions which should be exempt.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Wasn't talking about the ptolemaic AI I meant my other campaign, sorry wasn't clear on that. Never had any cultural influence problems there affecting my recruitment. Also noticed when playing my ptolemaic campaign kleruchoi agema are not recruitable in the grand campaign. Is this intended?

Well i did some hardcore culture shocking with temples and noblewomen in Syria so now i got my influence levels up, a bit too much work in my taste but it works.

Enough complaining I really enjoy this mod and reallly looking forward to your finished version.

Well, it shouldn't for the Seleucids, either. Not in Syria, at least. Obviously, I can't set all of their starting regions to be home regions, but Syria definitely should have been able to. I'll take another look at it.

In the case of Egypt, they have far less starting territory. In Asia Minor, recruitment should require cultural conversion like normal. In Egypt itself, though, the cultural conversion isn't necessary.

Well, I'm about 50 turns into my campaign with this mod playing as Rome. I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I'm a little confused on some aspects of the mod. Some turns, I'm unable to recruit. When I hover over the unit I want to recruit it says that it's unavailable due to the
    source being under siege even though its not. I thought I saw something that said not enough recruitment points. I'm just wondering how that all works. My second question is, how do I stay out of wars. It seems that from the beginning of the game, I am in a perpetual state
    of war. As soon as I defeat a faction and have them sign a peace treaty another faction declares war. I'm not expanding or starting wars. Is there a way to get a break from war so I can focus on the economy or is the mod designed so that I'll always be fighting for my life. Right now, I have
    defeated Carthage and forced a peace treaty with a pretty hefty fine. The African faction's aligned with them still hate me so I liberated a few of their cities and got a peace treaty from them as well. I had one turn of complete peace and the northern tribes declared war. A few turns later almost
    all of Africa declared war on me again. I'm fighting around 3-4 battles a turn and can't seem to get a peace treaty. My allies keep messing things up by waiting for the enemy to take one of my cities and they seige them and take it back. Forcing me to declare war on my ally just to take it back.(I know there is nothing you can do about that CA lol)
    My faction is steadfast and I have been careful not to align with anyone that might start a world war. I guess my question is: Is it possible to maintain a peace or are the factions going to be this aggressive the entire game? Any tips or strategy advice would be much appreciated.

Campaign update: I'm now about 150 turns in and what a ride it has been! In my previous post I was finding it difficult to stay at peace. I guess I've got to a point were I'm powerful enough that no one will attack me. I've taken all of Italy by subjugating the northern tribes. I back stabbed my allies in Sicily and kicked them out. I have started an aggressive campaign in Northerner Africa. The other major faction that has come about is Macedon. They own pretty much all of the Greek states and a large chunk of Asia and Africa. They own a swab of land about 3x the size of me and are allied with half the known world. I figured, If I can't beat join em. I now have an alliance with them but am getting to the point that I cannot attack anyone without starting a world war. My thoughts on the campaign is that the beginning is pretty difficult. Everyone is hyper aggressive. If you survive past the first 50 turns you'll enter a period of relative peace. End game for me is much like shogun 2. I'm up against the rest of the world if I want to expand any further. I figure that I can take Spain, but I'm terrified that Macedon will continue there dominance in Asia and further increase their lead over me.

Hi folks - just want to say how much I like this submod, and what a service you've done with the map changes. I really like the culture system, the added factions you can create if you want, and the edict/stance changes.

I do prefer the DEI base battle system, though, so I created a version for myself that takes out the battle changes while retaining the rest. When I spoke about it briefly on the main DEI forums here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...f-the-leg-work

There seemed to be a fair number of people who wanted to try what I did, and who would like me to upload my version so they can try it out.

I am hoping someone who has authority for the mod could let me know whether that would be ok or not. I do not want to use your code for more than personal purposes without your permission.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14680317

Responded to your thread. Long story short - that's the reason we released our raw data, and we are fine with it. I'm personally surprised no one had already done it just because I know there were people asking for a just the map version. That's not quite possible without getting into modifying the startpos do to the religions and emergent factions.

I've so far enjoyed the battle mechanics..in the few battles I have had. My problem now is that Steam's Mod Manager has simply stopped acknowledging this mod. When I bring up Mod Manager the mod briefly flashes up and then disappears and doesn't run. I am aware this likely isn't a problem with this mod particularly, but has anybody got any idea of what my problem might be?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but are you going to update this once DEI releases version 1.1?

will you import the legion from ancient empires? they are awesome!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Cassibellane View Post
    I've so far enjoyed the battle mechanics..in the few battles I have had. My problem now is that Steam's Mod Manager has simply stopped acknowledging this mod. When I bring up Mod Manager the mod briefly flashes up and then disappears and doesn't run. I am aware this likely isn't a problem with this mod particularly, but has anybody got any idea of what my problem might be?
    I have had this before, I think it happens when you have the mod in the data folder, and it is the same name as the steam version, if you are not subscribed with the mod on steam, Steam mod launcher removes it, just subscribe to the steam version and it will no longer disappear.
    I had this same problem with Radious mod while testing a sub mod I had made, and the above fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by zonks40 View Post
    I have had this before, I think it happens when you have the mod in the data folder, and it is the same name as the steam version, if you are not subscribed with the mod on steam, Steam mod launcher removes it, just subscribe to the steam version and it will no longer disappear.
    I had this same problem with Radious mod while testing a sub mod I had made, and the above fixed it.
    Cheers I'll give this a go.

What have the stats been upped to to make the battles longer? I tried a custom battle, a straight 10 v 10 fight (highest morale) as a test, and this happened:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Notice the battle time. There was fighting for roughly 85% of the overall time, and not a single person was killed. Same thing happened when I tried the mod in the prologue.