Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Upd. 2/13/2016

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta) - Upd. 8/15

Are the distances that armies can travel intentionally so high?

Yes.

I'm noticing that some factions just don't recruit units like they should and so far its random. I used the new spy map reveal trick and I've noticed Qidri, Dahae, Egypt, Blemmyes, Getae, Maesesyli, and Namnetes being fairly passive on recruiting with only 1 stack. All of which are not at war at the time except Egypt vs Seleucid (Looks like it just started because both still have starting territories). I know they have plenty of money and room to grow because I gave all AI factions an extra 20000 income per turn with a +2 increase army cap via fame levels since I started the campaign. It only happens with the AE submod and not regular DEI even when at peace. I'll probably try to look at some of you guys CAI tweaks when I get back from work tonight.

Its been 11 years so 44 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    If you liberate a settlement, you can keep moving. Which is what the AI is most likely doing. As for the zone of control, armies have always been able to pass through it in Rome 2. Vanilla or mod. It's an unfortunate bug on CA's end rather than the mod in question here, though it may be a bit more pronounced with greater movement points.

Yes.
    Oh I see, I did wonder where those pesky Samnite faction sprung out from but I was too busy with the Carthaginian marauding army that kept dancing with my Army a game of capture and recapture cities and not engage in battle.

As for the control zone, I manged to mod it and increased it from 3 to 5 and that fixed the problem for me, now a guarding a narrow passage means the AI can't get by without engaging my army.

Also noticed, AI Semnones never raises an army at all it seems.

Maybe I have the idea of this mod incorrect. I love the idea of DeI. The whole of the campaign changes, and units. CAI, BAI, and AI recruitment all are amazing. but the morale, hit point, and kill ratio is all messed up. I had roughly 200 men maybe a little less(several hurt units) fight 2, yes 2 units for a total of 23 men (both slingers, one unit had a single man.) They would not die or route. Either would have been good. I don't want this to seem like a rant or a troll in any way, just want to get a point out there to the developers, so maybe you can look at the stats and what not. earlier in a fix I saw this posted-

• Combat balance changes.
    • All units should now have lowered stats. Every. Single. One.

Combat is not balanced, combat should be longer but not an hour for a single battle between early era low tier units. Morale is not worked out properly- as stated above. Morale should be based on a units defense and attack and amount of men in the unit, if they are surrounded, if they are being hit by artillery ect ect. Men route in battle, there was no such thing as fight to the last man in ancient warfare, maybe 'certain' units should fight to just about the last man. Now to the hit point system, when you watch the battle you will see men 'poke' or 'jab' with their sword or spear several times each failing to kill the enemy(both sides of the fight).

I know that vanilla battles were too fast, by a long shot, but these are too slow, not enough killing, I think the kill rate should be just slightly lower than vanilla, not this ridiculous amount in this mod. also the battle system that removed every single killing move(why?) was there an actual reason for this? Again I just want everyone who might or might not even read this to know I am just trying to state a problem with the mod. Everything, and I do mean everything aside from battles is perfect. Campaign game flow, pace, difficulty, ect ect are all amazing. Battles need serious work, possibly try to figure out a way to split the mod up in parts similar to radious? just an idea. thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by imperator121 View Post
    Maybe I have the idea of this mod incorrect. I love the idea of DeI. The whole of the campaign changes, and units. CAI, BAI, and AI recruitment all are amazing. but the morale, hit point, and kill ratio is all messed up. I had roughly 200 men maybe a little less(several hurt units) fight 2, yes 2 units for a total of 23 men (both slingers, one unit had a single man.) They would not die or route. Either would have been good. I don't want this to seem like a rant or a troll in any way, just want to get a point out there to the developers, so maybe you can look at the stats and what not. earlier in a fix I saw this posted-

Combat is not balanced, combat should be longer but not an hour for a single battle between early era low tier units. Morale is not worked out properly- as stated above. Morale should be based on a units defense and attack and amount of men in the unit, if they are surrounded, if they are being hit by artillery ect ect. Men route in battle, there was no such thing as fight to the last man in ancient warfare, maybe 'certain' units should fight to just about the last man. Now to the hit point system, when you watch the battle you will see men 'poke' or 'jab' with their sword or spear several times each failing to kill the enemy(both sides of the fight).

I know that vanilla battles were too fast, by a long shot, but these are too slow, not enough killing, I think the kill rate should be just slightly lower than vanilla, not this ridiculous amount in this mod. also the battle system that removed every single killing move(why?) was there an actual reason for this? Again I just want everyone who might or might not even read this to know I am just trying to state a problem with the mod. Everything, and I do mean everything aside from battles is perfect. Campaign game flow, pace, difficulty, ect ect are all amazing. Battles need serious work, possibly try to figure out a way to split the mod up in parts similar to radious? just an idea. thanks for reading.
    Are you using the latest version?

yes using the most up to date version of the mod. I know some people might want extremely long battles that might try to resemble older TW games but this is just flawed in too many ways to even state.

Did those slingers have normal stats of very low stats?

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

For some reason the unit symbols representing what they are (Heavy Melee Infantry/Missile Infantry/etc) are missing from the UI.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It is like this in battles as well.

Also, a lot of units have English names. The jump between DeI's naming and English naming is a bit jarring.
    Last edited by McCarronXLD; August 26, 2015 at 07:15 AM.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

McCarron - we have not added in units or touched unit names/text files in anyway.

Imperator121 - the issue you are having sounds like you have another battle mod running. This will not be compatible with any unit mod or battle mod. Or any mod that messes with land_unis/main_units or battle mechanic tables in general. That is what is causing the kill rate issue you are having.

Squirrel - thanks for pointing out that issue with the Semnones. I will look into it.

kanzy - On the zone of control, I'll warn you that it's still likely AI armies will be able to pass through. Our zone of control was slightly smaller, but the real issue remains that armies can move right through zone of control in Rome 2. You only have to click a movement spot beyond a ZOC to do so.

McCarron - we have not added in units or touched unit names/text files in anyway.
    I am afraid this is actually us, don't know why but its happened since before release, should probably have mentioned it... xD
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

It will be fixed in the next update. So, I was wrong on that one.

Ok, in the second of this thread I have released our raw data for the Assembly Kit for modders who may want to create submods of our, well, submod. Or remove features like our new religion system. The process isn't overly simple, so it's mainly for experienced modders, if any want to give it a go.

McCarronXLD's Avatar Senator

It will be fixed in the next update. So, I was wrong on that one.
    Thank you Looking forward to the next update!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

I'll probably hop on next update. Is there anywhere I should direct my attention, to help look for issues? I prefer to play campaigns, and fight most battles. (auto resolve for mopping up, time consuming but otherwise one sided sieges)

In that day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged.

Quote Originally Posted by imperator121 View Post

I'm having the same problems with battles. I love long battles but I feel like its a little over done. I'm 4 turns in and it has taken me over 3 almost 4 hours to get through those turns. Some units are almost un-routable especially generals. It is especially troublesome during sieges. I was just defending Rome from Syracuse and the battle was an hour and 45 minutes long. The 3 other battles I fought were on land and took about 20 minutes but most of the time spent was having my army completely encircling their general and last few elites. I just hit fast froward and let the last 15 minutes of the battle run by itself. Their general took maybe 3-5 casualties during that whole time. The only thing that caused him to route was that the other elite units broke. I really like how battles are more based on moral and can't wait to see where ya'll take it.

As far as the campaign goes, it is looking beautiful. It's truly epic to play the grand campaign on the Augustus map. I only have 2 complaints, the zone of control is way too small and the movement range is way too long. It's not possible to place your armies in any meaningful way to block off choke points. Instead, it just leaves you spending your time chasing around the enemy A.I army. For example, I was a little back from the sea crossing that separates Sicily from Italy. I was resupplying my army after defeating Carthage when Syracuse just bypasses me and hits a town liberating it. So I take it back, After I do that, Syracuse is all the way up north taking out another town and liberating it. The liberated city had an automatic army spawn and took another city. I'm now playing hopscotch with with two a.i armies that are able to move half-way across the world while they liberate cities and make more zombie armies that in turn, do the same thing. It does make the game much more difficult, but in my opinion, not in a good way.

I'm looking forward to future iterations of this mod. I understand that a lot of people probably like the added difficulty from the above mentioned methods. I'd love it if someone created a sub-mod that returned the zone of control and movement distances back to D.E.I's orgional values.

Thanks you guys for all the hard work and can't wait for your Attila overhaul to come out!

I don't think that zone of control has been modded or if it is modable at all.
    Zone of control has been reduced along with patch 17 release, from CA.

The long battle feedback is to me bizarre - I have been having quite short and sweet battles? Similar in time-frame to vanilla, more or less, with units melting rapidly when put in deadly situations. This being running the Ancient Empires and DEI packs but nothing at all else.