Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617

Thread: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Upd. 2/13/2016

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Upd. 2/13/2016

That's unfortunate. Given that this is labelled as a beta, I expected at least a final polished version, you know? Suppose we'll have to wait for DEI to add the IA campaign now.
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    I'll see about uploading somewhere later tonight.
    also - able to upload this?
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by CrayonVonCaesar View Post
    I'll see about uploading somewhere later tonight.
    double post - oops!

Dead is a strong word. It still functions and works with the current DeI, but it has been difficult for us as a mod team to build our Attila mod and focus on keeping up with updates let alone the integration of new features introduced. DeI is a very quick and committed mod team that churns out new material. Unfortunately, it does not look like we will have our battle components into any future version.

I will keep the campaign playable, and in the future probably strip down some features until/unless DeI switches to the IA map at which point the project here probably will be completely discontinued. I don't mod battle mechanics so there's not much I can say on that.

There's other complications with the populations script others asked about.

Hello - I do hope this mod is updated, if not for new features but for polish. Many factions have limited units/low starting units etc... it would be nice to have a 'gold release' with the current DEI.

I doubt I'll play Ancient Empires for Atilla; the starting timeframe and the limited provinces in Italia don't do anything for me...

They are porting the mod over atila.

So, I am new to checking out DeI and associated sub-mods... I was checking out this sub-mod but I am very confused as the front post seems exceptionally misleading.

So what exactly does this mod DO now? This part is not very clear.
    Also, do I need to have any specific DLC to play this sub-mod? I would assume I need the IA DLC since it uses the IA map?

Much confuse

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

This submod as has been stated by previous post, is being ported to Attila as a complete overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    This submod as has been stated by previous post, is being ported to Attila as a complete overhaul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I understand that, however, that is not at all what I am asking. As this sub-mod has been stated to still work with DeI, I just wanted some information as to what it actually does to DeI right now in its current state.
    ​And also I am still not clear on what DLC I need.

Is this still compatible wit DEI? I tried playing with this mod again after taking a long break from tw. Now the AI is building crazy insurmountable death stacks and everyone has declared war on me. Tiny 2 city factions have 3 full stacks when I can barely maintain 3 with five times as many cities.
    I'm only on trun 35 and all of Greece has been conquered by a single faction that is steamrolling everything it touches. I played DEI with this mod a while back and I don't remember it being remotely like this. I had a really good play through the first time.

Hello, I need help with a campaign bug. Playing as Rome, my legions will get "stuck" on the campaign map. This only seems to happen in Northern Italy. What will occur, is that they will have no movement range/action points each turn. They are grey every turn.

When it first occurred, I simply deleted the 5-6 unit legion I had and created it again. But now I have two, full legions who are bugged...

EDIT: I've never experienced this bug outside of trying Ancient Empires, so I can only presume its related.
    Last edited by McClure777; September 05, 2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Additional

It could be 2 things -
    1 - starting armies that are misplaced (I dont think thats it, though)
    2 - season movement penalties of some type in this mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Going to unsticky this - the map and emergent factions will be a part of 1.2 in its upcoming beta release. This submod will no longer be compatible.

Huge thanks to the AE team for our partnership, consistent help and allowing us use of these files!

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----