Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera - Upd. 2/13/2016

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta) - Upd. 8/15

I've noticed naval units don't get morale penalties due to casualties, especially slinger ships and land units that disembark off transports.

Will it get updated?

I noticed that the mercenary Mossalian dogs available from Macedonia have normal stats.

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

In order to represent this sort of mechanic in game, Antiqua Imperium will make use of the liberate feature offered upon conquest of a settlement to allow for the establishment of subordinate allied states in every region of the game. This has essentially meant the creation of approximately 150 new factions. Our Grand Campaign will now feature 305 potential factions in total, and allow the player to encounter a wider variety of cultures and states as well as provide them with expanded options upon conquest of every territory. To add to this, all regions will now have a fully functional set of rebels that will be able to conquer settlements (unlike the generic rebel factions often seen in vanilla, or slaves). Public order should be a challenge, but the player should also have options available to them in terms of how they will expand their territory. A certain region may be better off not ruled directly in Antiqua Imperium, at least initially.
    This is simply jaw-dropping. Also, the condition that cultural adoption will be much slowed down is very pormising. One can expect enourmous positive impact for the campaign experience, preventing massive and rapid conquest. Such unstoppable conquest of regions by AI factions, isntead of just some form of subjugation is the worst part of TW games campaign mechanics since ages.

There were many wars fought that time but even powerful Rome couldn't afford total assimilation, simply due to demographic conditions. So it relied more on alliances and clients for long decades before full assimilation actually took place. I am happy AE mod gives strong emphasis on that. I also used to play EB1, had much fun so I will be happy to check AE out.

I am happy the mod revolves around much appreciated DeI mod and their fantastic sets of quality units etc.
    I noticed some new changes in battle mechanics, too. My question is if other DeI submods like "Slower battles" by KAM2150 will work in AE?

I like what Magnar introduced to battles in VV mod, and that some code regarding morale will be transferred to DeI. Will it be also part of AE battle mechanics?

Good luck with the mod.

Hey Darius D, I had the KAM experimental mod running with AE and there was a conflict that resulted in units not routing until you killed 99.9% of them. I posted and KAM told me just now unambiguously that the two mods were never meant to be run together, although I'll I be a monkey if I can see anywhere where that pretty critical info is posted somewhere where mere mortals can easily see it. (I may be wrong on that pint though...). So there is your answer re KAM's mods and AE.

hope this helps.

Apoll

Ok, first, I'd like to apologize for the lack of update. We've been swamped. I'm glad that it's in a state where most of you still seem mostly happy with it, but there's a lot of stuff that really could be cleaned up on our end. But between real life, and the Attila project, Rome 2 kind of gets the shaft. I'm aiming for an update by next weekend. Not sure how large it will be, but the hope is to continue to refine this.

I noticed some new changes in battle mechanics, too. My question is if other DeI submods like "Slower battles" by KAM2150 will work in AE?
    No, but there is a mod by Yukishiro that retains the campaign features of AE, but removes battle aspects. So, you could use that and then play with whatever battle mechanics suit you. Because this mod introduced a 1 HP system with way lowered stats, no combat overhaul is going to be compatible with it. Though, as stated - there is an option without battles.

I like what Magnar introduced to battles in VV mod, and that some code regarding morale will be transferred to DeI. Will it be also part of AE battle mechanics?
    I don't really get a chance to follow VV. Not sure what it is he did. If you don't mind elaborating.

Good to see that this wasn't forgotten so quickly. I have encountered an issue where upon going through this mod with PFM results in the Grand Campaign mercenary pool veterans get vanilla stats. What is odd is that I cannot find where this change could have occurred as I cannot find the data for contents of mercenary pools. What is even more odd is that upon refreshing my computer this issue was not solved. I have tried both the forums version and the steam version and have not noticed any change. This impact is not substantial for most however it becomes unbalanced when Athens starts running around with 4 Mercenary Veteran Hoplites that don't die do to their high armor and health for vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius_D View Post
    This is simply jaw-dropping. Also, the condition that cultural adoption will be much slowed down is very pormising. One can expect enourmous positive impact for the campaign experience, preventing massive and rapid conquest. Such unstoppable conquest of regions by AI factions, isntead of just some form of subjugation is the worst part of TW games campaign mechanics since ages.

There were many wars fought that time but even powerful Rome couldn't afford total assimilation, simply due to demographic conditions. So it relied more on alliances and clients for long decades before full assimilation actually took place. I am happy AE mod gives strong emphasis on that. I also used to play EB1, had much fun so I will be happy to check AE out.

I am happy the mod revolves around much appreciated DeI mod and their fantastic sets of quality units etc.

Good luck with the mod.
    I absolutely agree re the extra factions....that the game simulates inter-factional elite rivalry was what first piqued my interest in this mod. It makes the game a little more realistic, as does simulating political control via 'culture' and 'religion'. If only there were a way of simulating 'class' structure as well (which I believe the Manpower mod was attempting to some degree)...

I also really like the idea behind the 1hp battles, though I wonder if there aren't underlying game mechanics that are affecting such as heavy cavalry v skirmishers/bowmen. I'm trying to investigate this and will offer any info I can - though I'm sure you'll already be looking into it.

I really like what DEI and AE have managed to accomplish with R2. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    I'm aiming for an update by next weekend. Not sure how large it will be, but the hope is to continue to refine this.
    Hello,

Are you going to release the update this week end? Just to know if i start a new campaign now or if i wait for the update...

Thank you

I'm going to try and have something out tomorrow night. There are things I should fix in the startpos, but overall they are minor and you should be fine to start a campaign.

Lun's Avatar Libertus

Is there a way to modify the hellenistic culture drop in Syria? 40 % hellenistic and still no core units.

When will you fix unit type icons, if that is not a secret? I can't say, it is very comfortable to play without them, to be honest.
    Anyway, the mod is cool. But icons...

This is a plea to Yukishiro to follow the upcoming update with his version which is the only thing I play anymore. Kudos

If you are trying to recruit as the Selucids you need to move your armies near your capital to get your units.

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

In my first battle as Epirus I discovered that the factional mercenary elephants that I hired have no elephants. The unit is entirely elephant riders, but they are standing on the ground. Is this a known issue? I have a couple of mods for DEI (public order nightmare, client levies, and all diplomatic options) but none of them should be affecting unit models, and I have not previously had this issue with DEI. I can't say that this is "game breaking" - there is a lot to love in this submod, but it may be a minor issue for Epirus in particular. Nice mod so far - I haven't fought a battle yet, but I like watching the various revolutions that are occurring in Italy, the more advanced political system for Epirus (4 parties now based on tribal affiliation), the addition that the Aetolian league adds to Greece, and the fact that Sicily is now its own province.... Hopefully I will love the battle system as well - although I am a bit disappointed that I can't use elephants!

EDIT: Ok I tried with all mods off (except DEI and AE) and the issue remains - the factional Indian elephant mercenary unit for Epirus is missing its elephant model... I imagine that it is only this particular elephant unit since it would have been mentioned otherwise by another player using elephants with other factions. To be certain I might try a few battles with elephants from other factions. In the meantime, it appears that Epirus must fight elephant free wars until they capture some African or Syrian territory...

Second edit: I ran a few custom battles using the elephant units from Egypt, Carthage, Selucid, and Baktria and all of the models were there... in addition I tried the Epirus elephant units, and they were also there on the battle map. However, the Epirote campaign has Indian elephants as factional mercenaries, where as only African elephants are available for Epiros in the custom battles, so I wasn't actually testing the same unit. Hopefully a quick db fix will clear this up.... Thanks, and again, great submod! I look forward to seeing your work on Attila!
    Last edited by Irishmafia2020; October 04, 2015 at 08:53 PM.

Okay - well, denied the use of elephants I hired another factional mercenary for Epirus - the mercenary Tarantine cavalry... They were lacking horses! The AOR Tarantine cavalry was fine, but the Epirote factional mercs were basically just foot peltasts - they even lacked the ability to toggle mount/dismount! I think there might be a problem with factional mercenary mounts in general, although I can only confirm that Epirus has that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Okay - well, denied the use of elephants I hired another factional mercenary for Epirus - the mercenary Tarantine cavalry... They were lacking horses! The AOR Tarantine cavalry was fine, but the Epirote factional mercs were basically just foot peltasts - they even lacked the ability to toggle mount/dismount! I think there might be a problem with factional mercenary mounts in general, although I can only confirm that Epirus has that problem.
    Baktria and other factions also suffer from this problem.

Okay - I just hired factional mounted mercenaries with Carthage, and I encountered the same problem - the normal mercs have their mounts, and the factional ones do not. In this case it was Galatian light horse, Numidian Cavalry, and Iberian cavalry.... This is obviously an issue with AE. Hopefully it is easy to sort out...

OPn the other hand - Nice work on the Carthaginian mercenary roster! They look awesome! You could really field a diverse mercenary army with Carthage now, and I really look forward to playing them!

@TFCAliarrcy - thanks for reporting the issue with other factions, I don't expect to do any other testing on the issue, since it seems to affect multiple factions and be focused only on factional mercenary units that are mounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Okay - I just hired factional mounted mercenaries with Carthage, and I encountered the same problem - the normal mercs have their mounts, and the factional ones do not. In this case it was Galatian light horse, Numidian Cavalry, and Iberian cavalry.... This is obviously an issue with AE. Hopefully it is easy to sort out...

OPn the other hand - Nice work on the Carthaginian mercenary roster! They look awesome! You could really field a diverse mercenary army with Carthage now, and I really look forward to playing them!

@TFCAliarrcy - thanks for reporting the issue with other factions, I don't expect to do any other testing on the issue, since it seems to affect multiple factions and be focused only on factional mercenary units that are mounted.
    There are many problems with every factional mercenary unit (any unit starting with "mer_" in the db files) and I wouldn't use them for now:

Mounted units have an incorrect number of mounts in land_units (which is causing the missing horses/elephants). Most cavalry for example have 120 men and 200 mounts.
    Many units have totally wrong audio, such as Thracian units with ballista crew audio (how did this happen??)
    They use vanilla equipment in land_units rather than DeI's implementation (cloth instead of arm0)--although it appears the vanilla equipment tables have been updated to match DeI's.
    They lack a proper DeI fatigue passive (a_mp_test_1, etc) and other abilities. Many units such as the factional mercenary hoplites are missing phalanx formation (killing_spree) and/or are still using a vanilla attribute_group, which means units like skirmisher cav will not have shoot-while-moving or parthian shot.

LEGIO_Tito Pullo's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Ancient Empires: Divide et Impera v00 (Beta)

troppi punti movimento per gli eserciti