Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Third Samnite War [HATG DLC needed] [v. alpha.003][Patch 17 Only]

Default Re: The Third Samnite War [HATG DLC needed] [v. alpha.002]

Good old VINC is back!!

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

The shield textures and tartan textures are genius.

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    Good old VINC is back!!
    @Maximus, I'm very busy these times, I'm learning dry stone walling in provencal hinterland, congrats with Hellenika release buddy. I'm just waiting my new salary to buy WOS

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_Iunius View Post
    The shield textures and tartan textures are genius.
    Thanks

http://leuki.pagesperso-orange.fr/phalange.html

This is one of my reference for 300 BC celtic armies.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Ah, the Leuci, famous for their wool, which was know to the Romans as Leuconium and used to fill their pillows.

And that Celts use wicker shields is interesting for me.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any estimated data release for new version? However very compliments for your Great work!! My city is Pescara,in Abruzzo the original land of Samnites people!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    Any estimated data release for new version? However very compliments for your Great work!! My city is Pescara,in Abruzzo the original land of Samnites people!
    In a few weeks, I just have to add a few things for Aquitanian area then it will be released.

my pleasure you enjoyed the mod

I decided to edit the God damn 40 celtic generals with unic stuff I created for soldiers. The crested helmet is typical of embellished Montefortino from middle of IVth century.

Semisalis

Excellent work but now you are procrastinating - just joking

I love your unit cards, they are really good. All the screenshots for this mod look fantastic
    ~ Too soon old, too late smart ~

Anything new?

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Anything new?
    Its almost ready out the fact I now want the campaign to last exactly 4 years. 299-295 BC, 295BC being the date of Sentinum battle where Romans crushed coalised Samnites and Senons. Basically the mod was intended to focus on a short time-span, but I was unable to determine an end-date for technical reasons (obvious lack of skills regarding scripting). I found someone who can eventually fix it for me.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Looking real appealing, this project

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Looks impressive, how did you deal with the Regions & provinces CRAP!
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Currently playing Hellenica on My Rome II and I am enjoying it. Will definitely give this one a try. Good job guys.

Cheers.

Awesome mod from an awesome guy!!

I've fixed the problems with my project of unic ports. They work now, creating unic paths for specific maritime cities, at least Carthage, Tarante, Syracuse and Massalia have these unic ports. Vanilla ports are still around for other cities, but obviously don't provide the same advantages.

Carthage one(Cothon)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And Massalia one.(Lacydon)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm lost with the different sort of ships, probably need to remove some of them...
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; September 30, 2016 at 03:43 AM.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Very inspirational and creative way of doing buildings, including ports now. I'm considering doing Carthage with the mod.

However as I've only briefly played with Etruria I have forgotten/not noticed this: are there other phoenician cities as their own factions subject to Carthage, or does Carthage control all cities? Of course it did found it's own colonies I'm speaking of like Utica, Thapsus, Gades, Tingis, wich were founded as independent city-states rather than colonised by Carthage as in Iol(?), Spain, Sicily and Sardinia. In my opinion they could be subject city-states in the fashion of roman socii. Even in the punic wars, Utica had a separate identity and governing body, wich decided to support Rome against Carthage. Now Utica isn't on the map but other phoenician cities are. What do you say about that, do you still have the startpos in ak?

Quote Originally Posted by Linke View Post
    Very inspirational and creative way of doing buildings, including ports now. I'm considering doing Carthage with the mod.

However as I've only briefly played with Etruria I have forgotten/not noticed this: are there other phoenician cities as their own factions subject to Carthage, or does Carthage control all cities? Of course it did found it's own colonies I'm speaking of like Utica, Thapsus, Gades, Tingis, wich were founded as independent city-states rather than colonised by Carthage as in Iol(?), Spain, Sicily and Sardinia. In my opinion they could be subject city-states in the fashion of roman socii. Even in the punic wars, Utica had a separate identity and governing body, wich decided to support Rome against Carthage. Now Utica isn't on the map but other phoenician cities are. What do you say about that, do you still have the startpos in ak?
    Lybia(which is supposed to represent Leptis Magna I assume) remains but unplayable and vassal to Carthage. I'm aware of relative autonomy that other punic foundations enjoyed but it was a little too much to create separate factions for it. In the same manner I didn't separated Latin socii from Romans.

Punic AOR building have a specific functionning, Level I represents punic colonies free of any military duties toward Carthage, with populations fully busy to trade and other civil activities(so its increase income), then Level II represents a partial mobilisation of your body of local citizens, income decrease, while garrisons made up of citizens appears. Then Level III decrease dramatically the income and civil activities, while increasing even more garrisons and recruitment of local citizens.

Its create a sort of machiavellian dilemma, you have so to choose between citizen militia versus mercenaries.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Well that's great that you anyway don't ignore (as probably every other mod) that Carthage wasn't a centralised super-power so to say

Do you have some news to tell us about the development, VINC?

Ghibellino's Avatar Foederatus

Is this mod dead?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast