Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Default Re: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Is there a version of these mods compatible with the Ancient Empires submod? When I load it with any of these it gives me the standard DEI campaign map whenever I start.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Ancient Empires is not compatbile with DeI for now, it just won't work until it will be updated for current DeI version. Submods have nothing to do with it.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Also you can't use any of the TPY or all factions playable mods with AE anyway, since they include startpos edits. Well, AE conflicts with most of these submods actually, considering how much AE changes. Once AE is updated for 1.1, you'll have to choose either to use AE or DeI with some of these submods.

I guess AE being out of date explains why units would route after taking five casualties and 6 dismounted elephant riders being able to hold off and route half a Roman army...

Strange, it said it was updated for 1.1 on the Steam workshop. Is 1.1c that different?

We are well past 1.1c now with lots of changes and fixes. One of the primary issues in AE right now is that the supply replenish system doesn't function in the GC.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Is there a patch 17 faction traits for the campaign?

I know it is a minor issue but are there any plans to polish off the additional factions in the Macedonian Wars. Right now there are a few little things that are broken – ex. Sparta can’t recruit a navy, lack of additional general bodyguard units, no victory conditions. It would be nice to be able to play the campaign with those additional factions

Also is it possible to change the names of the starting generals in the Macedonian Wars campaign to the names of the historical rulers? For example, right now the Seleucid starting faction leader is Dareios and the starting Spartan leader is Pleistoanax. It would really help the immersion if those were changed to Antiochus III and Nabis. Philopoemen as the leader of the Achaean League would be cool too.

Just some thoughts! I love the campaign btw so much better than WoS!

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Just to be a pain in the ...... this would actually count as feedback and/or a suggestion which would recieve the most and best response if posted in the feedback and suggestions thread

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    Just to be a pain in the ...... this would actually count as feedback and/or a suggestion which would recieve the most and best response if posted in the feedback and suggestions thread
    Oops, you're right, that makes more sense. I just reposted to the feedback thread on the main forum! Sorry!

Any idea why Rome 2 keeps deleting the 2TPY mod from my data folder? I am using the workaround for loading mods using the user.script file and never had problems with it. Now, when I put in the 2TPY, and load up the game, it just deletes the file and CTDs. Confused...

Have you tried without the user.script? And have you set the user.script to read only?

It is set to read only. I can try loading without the user.script but that requires renaming the mods to load in order using the CA manager and might defeat the purpose.

But might be a quick solution to your problem though I see your point. Using the user.script myself.

Tried it without the user.script and same thing. When I load up the CA Launcher, it just deleted the pack file from the data folder. It just really does not want me to use 2TPY...

EDIT: So, the Steam version works, but not the direct download version. I... I have no idea.
    Last edited by Takarazuka; February 24, 2016 at 04:06 PM.

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Any particular reason why the research rate is like 2TPY in DeI without submods? Wouldn't it be more balanced/realistic if it was 4TPY in DeI?

In the main mod we chose a long time ago to have building and research times be 2x. This is a medium between what some users may prefer (full realism of 4x for 4TPY) and what many players like (not quite so long times).

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Ah, I understand now, then I'll stick with the 4TPY times submod. Thanks for clarifying.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

How do you specifically "Run these before the main mod" with steam's built-in manager? There's a sort function that's totally irrelevant for such a procedure and no way to drag them or anything clever like that. I play almost exclusively offline with manual packs. Going to add in Client Levy mod and all factions playable.

Make sure they are higher alphabetically in the data folder, that should allow them to load first in Steam.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

You guys already made sure of that, quite thorough (they begin with an "a" regardless of the name). When I got around to downloading the packs that interested me today I saw that and thought, it can't be that simple. Glad it was!