Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Official Submods] Collection of Official Submods

I have 2 questions. Does the 4TPY Build/Research/Cost Submod still work? It was last updated back in June. Also, is there any submod that makes campaign map movement speed fit in with 4TPY?

Yes its updated. I am not sure about a movement submod, but the mod itself is balanced around 4TPY (that is the base time). Its just the build times/research that are 2x instead of 4x.

Changing campaign movement has a whole lot of other issues associated with it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks for the submods. Are the TPY submods working with the latest DeI?
    And how does 2 tpy work, is it always summer/winter, and in 1 tpy always summer, or do they remove the seasons mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Yes its updated. I am not sure about a movement submod, but the mod itself is balanced around 4TPY (that is the base time). Its just the build times/research that are 2x instead of 4x.

Changing campaign movement has a whole lot of other issues associated with it.

Dresden, I am not certain if your All diplomatic options submod is still working. The option to subjugate apparently as any Barbarian faction is no longer there (Tried as the Boii and Edetani).

Edit:
    Just tried with Averni as well and all options are there but subjugate.
    Last edited by gnosis89; October 13, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Thanks for the submods. Are the TPY submods working with the latest DeI?
    And how does 2 tpy work, is it always summer/winter, and in 1 tpy always summer, or do they remove the seasons mechanic?
    All the TPY sub-mods are working perfectly AFAIK.
    Though I don't think you should play with decreased TPY sub-mods for any reason other than testing.

Updated the all diplomatic/occupation submod to fix barbarians not being able to subjugate

Updated the all diplomatic/occupation submod to fix barbarians not being able to subjugate
    Magnificent. It's in the OP then? (Despite saying lat updated in August?)

The link should be to the updated version.

Hi,

i am new in RTW2 and DEI so ... sorry i dont read all the 20 pages.
    After not find Sparta, Epirus, Athens and Seleucides in the Grand Campaign i try the "DeI All Factions Playable 4TPY" Submod. But this Factions are still not here for me. :-(

Mod-Manager looks

@a_DeI_AFP4_submod.pack
    @a_NoPop_NoSupply_Submod.pack
    _divide_et_impera_release_12_Part1.pack
    _divide_et_impera_release_12_Part2.pack

Hope you can help me.

lg

Mepper's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetze27 View Post
    After not find Sparta, Epirus, Athens and Seleucides in the Grand Campaign i try the "DeI All Factions Playable 4TPY" Submod. But this Factions are still not here for me. :-(
    These factions are not unlocked with the all factions playable mod, because they are unlocked with certain DLC's. Sparta, Epirus and Athens are unlocked with the Greek States Culture Pack (for 7 euros 50, or your local equivalent). The Seleucids also come with a DLC, but this one is free. I guess you haven't downloaded it yet for some reason. (You probably also can't play Baktria, which also comes with a free DLC). You can check if you have downloaded them in your steam libabry, click on RTW2, and under the achievents you should see a header with DLC, you can check if you installed the DLC's there.

Thanks a lot, now it works.

lg

Updated TPY mods to fix them all being set to 24 for the historical year in history messages.

Does the 1.1 Wrath of Sparta reversion mod still work fine with 1.2 and P&P?

I doubt it.

Yeah it doesn't. Crashes the game from what I can see. I'll have to make a post requesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    All the TPY sub-mods are working perfectly AFAIK.
    Though I don't think you should play with decreased TPY sub-mods for any reason other than testing.
    Thanks. Is there a reason not to do that except not getting proper seasonal progression within a year? I find that on 4 tpy I never remotely saw the marian dates and I dont want to wait through 600 turns to get there or play with legionaires in 200 BC. I would prefer 2 tpy, but since it forces me to have two seasons I'm currently using 1 tpy. (Although I dont install the submod any more, I change the number in the startpos and world.lua.) It works well. While everyone else goes from italian power to grand empire in one or two generations, and plays with the same starting generals for 200 turns, I have an actual feel of centuries passing. I dont look at the years all the time anyways, so I dont notice that the year skips to the next year. In game I pretend it's the season after. And I don't mind that some war technically has been going on for 15 years. While real wars were a lot quicker, there were also long stretches of peace or inactivity, which the game doesn't have the ability to skip. 1 tpy leaves me around 100 turns to the roman conquest of liguria in 177 BC, which is still plenty. The marian reforms would be around turn 170 and the caesarian age around 220, all very reachable within a game that doesn't have to span 1000 turns or rush events that disn't happen yet. Since I tend to get tired of my campaigns long before that.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; November 25, 2017 at 04:36 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Thanks. Is there a reason not to do that except not getting proper seasonal progression within a year? I find that on 4 tpy I never remotely saw the marian dates and I dont want to wait through 600 turns to get there or play with legionaires in 200 BC. I would prefer 2 tpy, but since it forces me to have two seasons I'm currently using 1 tpy. (Although I dont install the submod any more, I change the number in the startpos and world.lua.) It works well. While everyone else goes from italian power to grand empire in one or two generations, and plays with the same starting generals for 200 turns, I have an actual feel of centuries passing. I dont look at the years all the time anyways, so I dont notice that the year skips to the next year. In game I pretend it's the season after. And I don't mind that some war technically has been going on for 15 years. While real wars were a lot quicker, there were also long stretches of peace or inactivity, which the game doesn't have the ability to skip. 1 tpy leaves me around 100 turns to the roman conquest of liguria in 177 BC, which is still plenty. The marian reforms would be around turn 170 and the caesarian age around 220, all very reachable within a game that doesn't have to span 1000 turns or rush events that disn't happen yet. Since I tend to get tired of my campaigns long before that.
    No problem mate. You know the main reason behind this is just the luck of testing and balance. We haven't really used anything less that the engine suggests. So I couldn't advice you using the 1 turn officially.
    If it's all good for you despite the downsides feel free to use them. It's your game after all.
    I personally use the standard engine's turns or the much increased 12tpy due to turtling my campaigns lately and the logic behind it (1 month 1 turn).

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Hi Dresden, just a quick note that when I am using the all factions playable mod / 4TPY there are text entries missing from the bottom boxes. I am using this with Patch 18 so its probably bugged due to that correct?

AFP won't be fully compatible with patch 18 and will have other issues like only 2 political parties. It will be some time before I can update those, because I have to remake the actual AFP mod from the ground up. Previously we had used an existing AFP mod as a basis for the submod.

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

AFP won't be fully compatible with patch 18 and will have other issues like only 2 political parties. It will be some time before I can update those, because I have to remake the actual AFP mod from the ground up. Previously we had used an existing AFP mod as a basis for the submod.
    As I thought, no problem and at least its something for now till you update. Let me know when your ready as I may be able to help out with the entries after the patch 18 is officially released etc..?