Thread: [Request] relaxed idle animation for legionaries

Default [Request] relaxed idle animation for legionaries

Hey, can someone make a submod that changes legionaries idle animation with swords to relaxed (instead of combat-ready with shields raised), like any other swordsman unit in the game. I dont like the idea of roman troops always walking with raised shields in relaxed state. Thank you!

Default Re: [Request] relaxed idle animation for legionaries

Quote Originally Posted by Grigal View Post
    Hey, can someone make a submod that changes legionaries idle animation with swords to relaxed (instead of combat-ready with shields raised), like any other swordsman unit in the game. I dont like the idea of roman troops always walking with raised shields in relaxed state. Thank you!
    Hi, I see your point

There is something that can be done with animation fragments (well crating your own animations is something thats not easy) but you can pretty much just re-use them or borrow them from other units. As we know, legionaries just stand, go forward and charge with gladius on that "crouched" position, sword tip forwards. In my mod I just use relaxed standing position for legionaries and thats pretty much all I want. Moving and charging is still "crouched". This is ofcourse how you like it but it also can be changed...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by MrTimbe68; February 03, 2024 at 11:41 AM.

Only relaxed standing animation is fine too. Can you share it please?

Quote Originally Posted by Grigal View Post
    Only relaxed standing animation is fine too. Can you share it please?
    Extract this to /data folder, put on top in laucher (atleast on top of DeI) -> https://www.mediafire.com/file/9bhbg...d_mod.rar/file

Thank you, it works. Sorry for the late reply.