Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: map

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: map

Nop, it stops at the World's Edge Mountains.

It's roughly this entire area with a little bit more to the north (full norsca and more of the Chaos Wastes) and with slightly different shapes (for isntance, squeezed Estalia and Bretonnia).

Last edited by HigoChumbo; September 17, 2015 at 12:12 PM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What????? That is a shameful display!

Citizen

Blog Entries

How so? The map is actually bigger than most people expected. Or you mean the deformed shape? I don't know, it looks good to me despite of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Triumph of Rome View Post
    What????? That is a shameful display!
    Given Cathay and Nippon are pretty much non-entities in WHFB, it's not that shameful, or even mildly surprising.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Yeah, there isn't a singly Cathay or Nippon model, and even Araby only makes an appearance in the Warmaster system.

The closest view to nippon we ever got was through Ogre man eaters and Skaven's Clan Eshin.

They just don't play a role in Warhammer. Don't understand how anyone would expect them to be in this.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

When all three games and all DLC's have been released, we will still probably not have Cathay and Nippon. They are not part of WH:Fantasy, just a diffuse lore point.

I am just glad Estalia and Tilea made it in. I'd like to play a Dogs of War playthru and an Araby and maybe Marienburg more than as Empire. Particularly if CA has discretion for Araby some fun mid eastern themed units and magic casters.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    I am just glad Estalia and Tilea made it in. I'd like to play a Dogs of War playthru and an Araby and maybe Marienburg more than as Empire. Particularly if CA has discretion for Araby some fun mid eastern themed units and magic casters.
    I have mixed impressions about that. In one hand I'd love to play with Spanish, Italian and Arabic based factions, in the other hand I'm fearful of CA not being able to pull off good, original, interesting unit rosters (given that they have no official references) so that we end with just a bunch of pseudo historical units with no appeal whatsoever, given the Warhammer context with all its over the top design, its monsters and its magic.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    I have mixed impressions about that. In one hand I'd love to play with Spanish, Italian and Arabic based factions, in the other hand I'm fearful of CA not being able to pull off good, original, interesting unit rosters (given that they have no official references) so that we end with just a bunch of pseudo historical units with no appeal whatsoever, given the Warhammer context with all its over the top design, its monsters and its magic.
    I don't expect anything from CA in this regard. I only wish they had their proper geographical representation on the campaign map, because modders may take on the challenge of fleshing them out later.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    They do have former GW staff members working for them (so they know GW's ways), but how that translate into what people hope for is hard to tell. One it shouldn't be too close to the empire and 2nd people hope apparently for more than renaissance Spain with fantasy elements.

Well, their unit roster in the TT is very unique but rather low fantasy.

Pikemen, ( pavise ) crossbowmen, duelists / fencers and galloper guns.

Quote Originally Posted by scoicarius View Post
    I don't expect anything from CA in this regard. I only wish they had their proper geographical representation on the campaign map, because modders may take on the challenge of fleshing them out later.
    Modders will not be able to do much of anything in this game, they wont have any modding tools at all. So, the campaign map will not be able to be changed at all. We may see some minor mods such as unit stats being changed, but that's basically it - we will be very limited in this game regarding mods.

Richard III's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkilius View Post
    Modders will not be able to do much of anything in this game, they wont have any modding tools at all. So, the campaign map will not be able to be changed at all. We may see some minor mods such as unit stats being changed, but that's basically it - we will be very limited in this game regarding mods.
    I wouldn't set that in stone yet. There's been some really revolutionary stuff done by the Modders here. I can see them fine tuning much of what CA might miss with this game, so long as it's more superficial instead of system based. Musicians and standard bearers, for example, I can see being modded in at least from a visual standpoint, but not having influence on combat.
    "Good Men Don't Need Rules."

Aquila_Mars's Avatar Semisalis

I don't think the game will be so hard coded that we won't be able to add new units to it. Hardcore modding like total conversions might be impossible, new settlements and provinces etc might be very hard to do. But altering AI, unit stats or adding new units I think will be rather easy to do. Might even be able to make new hero equipment. How I hope if we can make more champion units

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

If they do put in Araby, they should get some sort of Abus guns, to sort of hybrid between infantry an artillery.
    As God wills it.

I'd like to see Estalia and Tilea as fully functional factions with their own roster of units, we'll have to wait for that and gameplay from campaign map, hope something will be revealed during EGX, maybe I'll have a chance to ask them personally because I'll be there to try demo.

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

I think Araby Tilea and Estalia should have all Empire State troops (reskinned of course) and maybe a few other reskins, e.g. for Araby, the Greatsword soldiers should have the same stats as Empire ones, but just carry scimitar and get a desert bonus. Once the basic units have been reskinned, then we can add two or three unique units like the magic carpets elephants and Abus guns.
    As God wills it.

scoicarius's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by englisharcher89 View Post
    I'd like to see Estalia and Tilea as fully functional factions with their own roster of units
    Me too. I'd also like to see Araby, for a very unique and exotic flavor. I see huge potential here, from unique monsters and locations, to the overall atmosphere.

One of my favorite creatures of all time:
    Last edited by scoicarius; September 19, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
    The Art of Warhammer Fantasy <-- link
    A facebook page with Warhammer Fantasy art that I've been collecting over the years as a hobby. Updated regularly. Enjoy.

Previously I would have said that the Tilea and Estalian faction roster would be just re-skins of Empire/Brettonia units but CA's Team B seem to be producing the kind of goods that their Team A would happily cut corners on. There's a decent possibility they might have *gasp* a unique roster of their own without down-the-road DLC.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234