Thread: Medieval 2: Total War - Classic Combat

Default Medieval 2: Total War - Classic Combat

Medieval 2: Total War - Classic Combat

This a variant of my 'Rome: Total War Classic Combat' mod, which can be found here: Rome 1: Classic Combat

Link: Medieval 2 - Classic Combat

I've been having some major issues recently with trying to upload updates of my 'Roma Invicta' overhaul. I ended up having so many issues that Rome 2 stopped working completely. In my frustration, I ended up going back to Medieval 2. My first couple of battles, I was filled not only with nostalgia, but sadness. The ambiance of Medieval was infinitely superior to Rome 2, and so were the battle mechanics. With a much more fluid feeling to them. However, I decided to replicate them in Rome 2 to the best of my ability, using my Rome 1 combat mod as a base. Including kill-mechanics, much like Medieval would.
    ____

The goal of this mod, is to replicate (as close as possible), the combat of Medieval 2 Total War. What this mod does to replicate Medieval 2 combat, is:

* Unit 'animations' will only occur on kill moves

* Projectiles now have spread, and inaccuracy to them

* Unit spacing is much more lenient

* Units in melee will now spread out, and give room for their men to fight

* Weaker units will get pushed backwards as they lose the fight

* Cavalry has a much more 'heavy' impact when charging

* Large battles have a 'chaotic' but 'controlled' feel to them, much like Medieval 2 did.

* You may see unique events, like singular men running from the fight, or running towards the fight. You may see a couple of cowards refusing to fight, or 2 men holding off 10 men.

* Removed the buggy formation attack.

I may post screenshots in the near future.
    Last edited by TheMightyAltroll; March 23, 2015 at 07:54 AM.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Default Re: Medieval 2: Total War - Classic Combat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAltroll View Post
    (..) This a variant of my 'Rome: Total War Classic Combat' mod, which can be found here: Rome 1: Classic Combat (..)
    Whats the differences if u could say by comparing both?

Do you think M2TW's combat system is better than R1's?
    Last edited by SharpEyed; March 29, 2015 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by c1h4d View Post
    Whats the differences if u could say by comparing both?

Do you think M2TW's combat system is better than R1's?
    Medieval 2 Total War had kill animations that would occasionally play. This version has kill animations, projectile inaccuracy, increased bow distance, and larger spacing.

SharpEyed's Avatar Be Fair and Thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyAltroll View Post
    Medieval 2 Total War had kill animations that would occasionally play. This version has kill animations, projectile inaccuracy, increased bow distance, and larger spacing.
    hm I guess RTW did not have kill animations, idk about projectile inaccuracy, and larger spacing existed i guess? unless u mean like being thin but a long line?

Wow! Many thanks! Couls you make a non steamworkshop version or upload it somewhere else please?

This mod deserves more recognition since its great. Is it possible to make a submod for DeI?

EDIT: Can I recommend something. Make matched combat percentage to 100 and disable probability of secondary attack. What happens is that every death will have a kill animation so no more soldiers dying of thin air.
    Last edited by Denco; June 06, 2015 at 12:41 PM.

I've taken the time and retrofit your mod for DeI with some small changes. I've given you full credits but if for some reason you find this offensive or otherwise wish to do this your self please send me a PM and I will take the submod down.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post14551358

No steam link pls?