Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Blackfire Pass video is riddle with lag spikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Battle of Blackfire Pass video is riddle with lag spikes

am I the one only who is noticing those jerky fps jumps during certain moments in the video like for instance at 7.10 , 4.47?
    they become really noticeable if you watch the video with atleast hd 760p 60 fps quality.
    If this game will run just as bad as attila does on my pc (gtx 980 ti and an intel i5 4690k, the game still drops below 30 zoomed in during combat even on performance settings),then i simply cant play it nor buy.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Battle of Blackfire Pass video is riddle with lag spikes

Yes, the framerate is not consistent. I wonder if CA will be able to optimize this without sacrificing too much fidelity.
    Shogun 2 was well optimized, Rome 2 was not and I hear that Atilla is worse than Rome 2. (BTW is MSAA anti-aliasing in Atilla?, Rome 2 only had FXAA. Shogun 2 had MSAA up to x8)The meleé clashes seem to be very intensive on the CPU, all those synced animations combined with models clipping through each other. Directx 12 could probably be good for removing some of those cpu restrictions, but I'm not educated enough on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    Yes, the framerate is not consistent. I wonder if CA will be able to optimize this without sacrificing too much fidelity.
    Shogun 2 was well optimized, Rome 2 was not and I hear that Atilla is worse than Rome 2. (BTW is MSAA anti-aliasing in Atilla?, Rome 2 only had FXAA. Shogun 2 had MSAA up to x8)The meleé clashes seem to be very intensive on the CPU, all those synced animations combined with models clipping through each other. Directx 12 could probably be good for removing some of those cpu restrictions, but I'm not educated enough on this matter.
    i really want to buy this game once it comes out. But I cant stand the lag.

To be honest, with that ''Pre-Alpha'' stamp in the corner, i aint trusting jack crap that this trailer has to show me. I'll sit tight, CA and wait for the inevitable proper reviews to come out.

Shameless self promotion for my LP channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClE...NDSg/playlists

I've said on another thread, I hope them downing the max units from 40 to 20 will hopefully mean they can up performance with the models and naturally make them look smoother. I hope we don't see a repeat of Rome 2's launch and see the horror faces again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahcir View Post
    I've said on another thread, I hope them downing the max units from 40 to 20 will hopefully mean they can up performance with the models and naturally make them look smoother. I hope we don't see a repeat of Rome 2's launch and see the horror faces again.
    I wish they'd just default it to 40, leave an option for 20 or something, but also allow unlimited so mods with future hardware can go crazy. We'll see.

luckely its possible to refund games now on steam. whic means I will be able test the game for an hour and see how it runs. incase it should be too laggy I can simply refund the game and get back my money.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchname View Post
    If this game will run just as bad as attila does on my pc (gtx 980 ti and an intel i5 4690k, the game still drops below 30 zoomed in during combat even on performance settings),then i simply cant play it nor buy.
    If You cant play the game like this because of " only" 30 fps ... better go and rethink your priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Alterart View Post
    If You cant play the game like this because of " only" 30 fps ... better go and rethink your priorities.
    I actually use MSI afterburner to restrict my fps to below 30 as it still looks great and my cpu doesn't work itself into a heart attack trying to keep up. I heard that the human eye can't see beyond 30fps anyway?

korsakoff's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin of Jerusalem View Post
    I actually use MSI afterburner to restrict my fps to below 30 as it still looks great and my cpu doesn't work itself into a heart attack trying to keep up. I heard that the human eye can't see beyond 30fps anyway?
    Is that genuine question? if so it's a lie

60fps is objectively better than 30 without a doubt and i know many people including my self who can't stand 30fps in games, i have the same cpu as him except with an overclocked 760 if Attila really performs that badly i'm glad i skipped it

I am no 60 fps nerd, but I like to play attila total war atleast without dropping below 30 fps

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I am no 60 fps nerd, but I like to play attila total war atleast without dropping below 30 fps
    I actually found that games are a lot more satisfying to play with higher fps than with better graphics.

I am talking about dropping BELOW 30 fps. I would be more than happy if I have 30 fps all the time but the drops even below 20 fps zoomed in during melee combat, whic is unplayable for me

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Unless you guys are playing at ridiculous resolutions (in which case it's pretty much your fault for choosing unnecesarily high ones) then either Attila is the most poorly optimized game in history or I just can't believe you are not getting high framerates with those extremelly expensive monsters of hardware pieces.

I mean, for 1080p, which is pretty much the industry standard right now, a gtx 970 is already kind of overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Unless you guys are playing at ridiculous resolutions (in which case it's pretty much your fault for choosing unnecesarily high ones) then either Attila is the most poorly optimized game in history or I just can't believe you are not getting high framerates with those extremelly expensive monsters of hardware pieces.

I mean, for 1080p, which is pretty much the industry standard right now, a gtx 970 is already kind of overkill.
    i am playing the game at 1080p.blood and corpses are real performance killer of this game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0eWZesUjQ
    even If have put shadows and unitdetail on performance and all other settings on quality , i still get horrible fps during moshpits fight,
    the only way for me to get smooth fps is by putting unitdetail on max performance as I mentioned before.

Is it possible you have AA at x2 or higher? I've just upgraded to a GTX 970 from 560 Ti, and it runs perfectly smooth at 60 FPS in any mid-sized battle (ultra unit scale and all settings on max quality), provided AA is set on MLAA and SSAO is disabled - the latter may or may not be necessary. With both of those on and at highest respectively, performance went down significantly to a mere 35 FPS on average. This with the same resolution as yours.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be using the highest AA option if you want to, but if that's the culprit here it might be worth checking on.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Is it possible you have AA at x2 or higher? I've just upgraded to a GTX 970 from 560 Ti, and it runs perfectly smooth at 60 FPS in any mid-sized battle (ultra unit scale and all settings on max quality), provided AA is set on MLAA and SSAO is disabled - the latter may or may not be necessary. With both of those on and at highest respectively, performance went down significantly to a mere 35 FPS on average. This with the same resolution as yours.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be using the highest AA option if you want to, but if that's the culprit here it might be worth checking on.
    even with aa disabled its still laggy. sorry but I cant believe that you get 60 fps zoomed in during battles like the battle of dara.
    even normal 20 vs 20 battles causes fps drops below 30 fps zoomed into melee engaments, and I am pretty sure it happens to you as well. also i am using the blood dlc which pretty much kills the performance
    Last edited by nosuchname; August 03, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

even with aa disabled its still laggy. sorry but I cant believe that you get 60 fps zoomed in during battles like the battle of dara.
    even normal 20 vs 20 battles causes fps drops below 30 fps zoomed into melee engaments, and I am pretty sure it happens to you as well.
    No you're right, I don't. It's closer to 35-40, or 30 when zoomed in. It probably has a lot to do with all the additional buildings and objects that need to be rendered. In an open field battle, on about the same scale, it'd actually stay pretty firm on the 60 mark most of the time.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

it gets so laggy that even the shadows cant be rendered correctly anymore. however this only happened to me during the battle of dara. must be a bug

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about Atilla. I was just talking about pc games in general.
    I don't play Atilla or Rome 2, I just play Shogun 2 atm and that one is decently optimized.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast