Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of Blackfire Pass video is riddle with lag spikes

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Battle of Blackfire Pass video is riddle with lag spikes

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    Unless you guys are playing at ridiculous resolutions (in which case it's pretty much your fault for choosing unnecesarily high ones) then either Attila is the most poorly optimized game in history or I just can't believe you are not getting high framerates with those extremelly expensive monsters of hardware pieces.

I mean, for 1080p, which is pretty much the industry standard right now, a gtx 970 is already kind of overkill.
    Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't talking about Atilla. I was just talking about pc games in general.
    I don't play Atilla or Rome 2, I just play Shogun 2 atm and that one is decently optimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Is it possible you have AA at x2 or higher? I've just upgraded to a GTX 970 from 560 Ti, and it runs perfectly smooth at 60 FPS in any mid-sized battle (ultra unit scale and all settings on max quality), provided AA is set on MLAA and SSAO is disabled - the latter may or may not be necessary. With both of those on and at highest respectively, performance went down significantly to a mere 35 FPS on average. This with the same resolution as yours.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be using the highest AA option if you want to, but if that's the culprit here it might be worth checking on.
    even with aa disabled its still laggy. sorry but I cant believe that you get 60 fps zoomed in during battles like the battle of dara.
    even normal 20 vs 20 battles causes fps drops below 30 fps zoomed into melee engaments, and I am pretty sure it happens to you as well. also i am using the blood dlc which pretty much kills the performance
    Last edited by nosuchname; August 03, 2015 at 01:12 PM.

again I am talking about the performance when i zoom in on moshpits of units, I have no fps issues when I play zoomed out.
    Last edited by nosuchname; August 03, 2015 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nosuchname View Post
    even with aa disabled its still laggy. sorry but I cant believe that you get 60 fps zoomed in during battles like the battle of dara.
    even normal 20 vs 20 battles causes fps drops below 30 fps zoomed into melee engaments, and I am pretty sure it happens to you as well.
    No you're right, I don't. It's closer to 35-40, or 30 when zoomed in. It probably has a lot to do with all the additional buildings and objects that need to be rendered. In an open field battle, on about the same scale, it'd actually stay pretty firm on the 60 mark most of the time.
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

No you're right, I don't. It's closer to 35-40, or 30 when zoomed in. It probably has a lot to do with all the additional buildings and objects that need to be rendered. In an open field battle, on about the same scale, it'd actually stay pretty firm on the 60 mark most of the time.
    no offence, But i still dont believe that you dont drop below 30 fps during battles like the battle of dara. However you could change my mind if you would upload a video of this particular battle including fps counter while you zoom in a lot during melee engagments

during moments like these my fps drops down to 23 with unit detail and shadows on performance. doesnt matter if mlaa or gem is enabled or disabled.

I just played the battle, it went down to 20 at worst when like 10 infantry units were smushed together, zoomed all the way in. Anyway, my point here wasn't to debate the performance qualities of the game, I simply tried to infer a potential way that might improve performance for you a little; which you've evidently tried out already. That being the case, there's always the possibility this will improve with upcoming patches, or if not else in Warhammer.

all I want is similar performance like have in rome 2 with similar graphics like rome 2 well except for the bad drawn faces.

Its mainly blood and dead corpses in attila that is causing those performance issues

also may I ask what cpu you have

i5-3570K

i5-3570K
    overclocked?

Nope, that's unexplored territory for me

Nope, that's unexplored territory for me
    unfair, you are getting much better performance than I do with my gtx 980 ti and intel i5 4690k.

Honestly, I could care less about what the FPS is as long as it's consistent. I'd rather have a consistent 30 FPS than one the jumps between 50-70 all the time.

HigoChumbo's Avatar Definitely not Jom.
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't think the jump between 50 and 70 is that noticeable. Constant 30fps is probably more annoying to play (depending on the game, might be fine for slower games, but play a shooter and tell me if you don't prefer 50-70 fps).

In any case, it is really uncommon to have constant fps, when that happens it's usually because you have overkill hardware, and if you have overkill hardware, you are not going to be playing at 30 fps unless the fps are capped.

I don't think the jump between 50 and 70 is that noticeable. Constant 30fps is probably more annoying to play (depending on the game, might be fine for slower games, but play a shooter and tell me if you don't prefer 50-70 fps).

In any case, it is really uncommon to have constant fps, when that happens it's usually because you have overkill hardware, and if you have overkill hardware, you are not going to be playing at 30 fps unless the fps are capped.
    Again. I dont mind capping my fps to 30 as longest I dont drop below it. Which I do in attila and I am afraid the same thing will happen to this game as well. I really want to play warhammer but I cant buy it if its too laggy.

Ok, 40 to 80 then. The exact numbers don't matter to me and it's really regardless of the game played. I want the frame rate to be unnoticeable to me, and for me, the only time it becomes noticeable is when it varies a lot. But that's just me.

The video is in 60 fps. That's what caused the lag for me, it happens on most 60 fps videos on my end.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Vardeus View Post
    The video is in 60 fps. That's what caused the lag for me, it happens on most 60 fps videos on my end.
    No, this is clearly framerate drops from the game, not the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    No, this is clearly framerate drops from the game, not the video.
    I don't really know man. My pc is a coffee machine. I assumed the fault was on me. If anyone with a nasa computer gets stuttering the it's clearly on the video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12