Thread: Should I just give up my old Steam account?

Default Should I just give up my old Steam account?

Sorry in advance if this isn't the best sub forum to post this question.

I had a steam account I had used for like 3 years and I had built up quite a collection of games over that time. Fast forward a couple years of not playing on steam and the email I used for it is no longer in use and I have no way of getting it back and the mobile phone I used is no longer alive. So I sent a message to steam saying what can I do? I guess what they've sent is an auto reply message to these type of questions asking if I had some sort of mobile app to get it back but I don't even have the number so that's probably not going to work. I can't be bothered messing around back and forth talking to computers working at steam.

The card I used is my old one so I doubt my numbers are the same and all the other private details they need to confirm that it is my account is stuff like the card that just isn't used anymore and I don't have the original numbers etc.

Am I best just giving up that account... how annoying that would be but what else can I do. Is it just one of those things?

Default Re: Should I just give up my old Steam account?

It's really annoying because I know my username and password.

Default Re: Should I just give up my old Steam account?

I think you should really get in contact with steam and explain the situation! Like if they have a database where they can look up your username and password that you have and then you provide them with personal info etc?