Thread: Steven Universe

Princess Cadance's Avatar Domesticus

Default Steven Universe

You know what I've tried to write out a description of the show an why I like it twice tonight already. The page has reloaded itself twice. I'm not doing it again.

Does anyone else watch Steven Universe? It's a sci-fi, comedy cartoon on Cartoon Network and it's honestly really unique and fun. It's charming, funny, touching, emotional but not sappy and I'm really looking forward to it's return from hiatus next month.

Season 1 & Season 2 Intro
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8XN7pnV_U

Wikipedia Page
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Universe

A fan run page on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/user/theworldofsuclips

So it's a really cute and funny, but touching and a character and story driven show, not just wacky hijinks, with a rather interesting potential for lore as it focus on a half alien kid, named Steven Quartz Universe, an his female-presenting alien caretakers and surrogate mothers, Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst, the friends of his deceased mother Rose Quartz, who once fought a war on Earth centuries ago to protect the human race from their own race' expansionism. Years later she fell in love with then small time rocker Greg Universe, gave up her body an powers to her son and entrusted them to the human she loved and her friends. The show focuses on Steven' growth as a member of his mother's team the Crystal Gems, the name given to the dissident Gems who sided with Rose against the destruction of humanity, but also his growth as a person. It's been airing since last year and I really love it. Is anyone else here into the series?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; July 30, 2015 at 04:38 AM.
    "Sing to the LORD a new song;sing to the LORD, all the earth."-Psalm 96:1
    "A true man hates no one."-Napoleon Bonaparte

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Steven Universe

I don't watch T.V. that much lately, but that's one of the shows I'll catch when I have the time.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Yeah I don't really watch television either. I really enjoyed Breaking Bad and Mad Men had my attention for a while, but they're both over now so besides this and Game of Thrones, I don't really follow anything else.

Ha, this thread really didn't take off like I thought it would. Oh well. The hiatus ends on Wednesday though so I'm excited!

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well, I've watched a few episodes. Definitely like it! Especially how innocent and full of wonder Steven is. Wish there were more characters in media like that!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Heh, it suprised me that I got a notification from this thread. I just thought that this wasn't a "TWC" sort of show or something like that. But hey who am I to talk, when my three favorite currently airing shows are GOT, OITNB an this? I couldn't even label my own "tastes."

Last' weeks episode Sadie's Song was great and it an the previous episode Nightmare Hospital, were a nice segue way back into season 2. Two consecutive episodes dealing with motherhood and with mothers who don't necessarily connect that well with their children makes me feel that their building up to something. An this weeks episode sounds, rather...confusing honestly.

Steven' Bathroom
    "We get a peek inside Steven' Bathroom."

And that's... intriguing. Hmm, well we'll know in 2 days.

P.S. I had to post this scene though. I congratulate the crew for having the character to respectively craft a scene like this. And well Steven' adorable, so it has that.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vz0XwFd1pz4
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; September 21, 2015 at 08:49 PM.

Ha! I didn't really understand what this episode would be, what with it's slightly cryptic description and odd title, but it's nice to see a fan theory proven true. Even one that I truly didn't think was right, though I did find pretty funny, amusing.

The spoiler tags below are for actual spoilers, not just for the sake of easily displaying images. So if you haven't seen the new episode, Catch and Release, don't click either of them.

She's so adorable, I love tiny Peri!
    Last edited by Princess Cadance; September 24, 2015 at 08:38 PM.