Thread: Animated Wagon Wall

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Default Animated Wagon Wall

This is a refinement of the wagon wall based on DukeofSerbia's finding from way back in 2007. A mod can merge the posts if necessary.

This version has a working destruction animation as well as turning wheels when pushed (based on the Great Cross's animations). It is 50% larger than the vanilla wagon wall, but due to the lack of custom collision models, it only provides partial protection from missile fire. Like all other siege weapons though, they can only be destroyed by melee attacks or artilleries.

To install, drop the included siege_engines folder into your mod's data folder, and then follow DukeofSerbia's instructions to implement this as a quasi Great Cross/Carroccio Standard. Insert the following codes into the bottom of the descr_engines.txt file:

Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

type                wagon_wall_moveable
    culture                all
    class                holy_cart
    pathfinding_data    none
    reference_points    siege_engines/great_cross_standard.modelReferencePoints

engine_model_group    normal
    engine_skeleton        Great_Cross_standard
    engine_bone_map        siege_engines/BoneMaps/Great_Cross_standard.xml
    engine_collision    siege_engines/collision_models/siege_trebuchet_collision.CAS
    engine_mesh            siege_engines/wagon_wall_standard_v4.mesh, 40.0
    engine_mesh            siege_engines/wagon_wall_standard_v4.mesh,  80.0
    engine_mesh            siege_engines/wagon_wall_standard_v4.mesh,  max

engine_model_group    dying

engine_skeleton        Great_Cross_standard_dying
    engine_bone_map        siege_engines/BoneMaps/great_cross_destroy.xml
    engine_collision    siege_engines/collision_models/siege_trebuchet_collision.CAS
    engine_mesh            siege_engines/destroyed/wagon_wall_standard_v4_destruction_flip.mesh,  max

; Collapses when destroyed, reducing the height of the "barrier"
    engine_model_group    dead
    engine_collision    siege_engines/collision_models/ram_collision.CAS
    engine_mesh            siege_engines/destroyed/wagon_wall_standard_v4_destroyed_flip.mesh,  max

engine_shadow        none

engine_radius        6
    engine_visual_radius 7
    engine_length        7
    engine_width        3.3
    engine_height        7.2
    engine_mass            18
    engine_dock_dist    1.5
    engine_mob_dist        4
    engine_flammable    true
    engine_ignition        2.5
    fire_effect            engine_fire_medium_set

obstacle_shape        rectangle
    ;obstacle_shape        drop
    obstacle_x_radius    1.7
    obstacle_y_radius    2.5

engine_formation  8, 7

engine_spo physical_obstacle

engine_health        200

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    Note that the "standard" attribute in the EDU may be omitted without ill effects. These field fortifications are still quite useless for the AI until we find out how to make them deploy them side ways.

The creation of these meshes were made possible by johnwhile's 3ds Max plugin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wagon_wall_dead.png   wagon_wall_block_projectiles.jpg   wagon_wall_push.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Medusa0; July 29, 2015 at 06:08 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Animated Wagon Wall

I cannot think how I could be putting this on the test myself any time soon with the work I've undertaken for Titanium but it certainly looks like a very fine addition to the game.
    You have my thanks and the small rep boost that I can give you.
    Last edited by paleologos; August 25, 2015 at 08:03 PM.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Umm, how could this be modded in as a pre-start battle deployable fortification?
    Like the archer stakes just...bigger

Medusa0's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    As we can only have a single type of stakes, if I were to hazard a guess, this will involve swapping this model or the default, smaller version with that of the stakes. However, AI cavalries will probably still run into it and die.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa0 View Post
    As we can only have a single type of stakes, if I were to hazard a guess, this will involve swapping this model or the default, smaller version with that of the stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa0 View Post
    However, AI cavalries will probably still run into it and die.
    Then again, that would be a pretty hilarious sight

Quote Originally Posted by Marius Marich View Post
    Umm, how could this be modded in as a pre-start battle deployable fortification?
    Yes you can I believe. .Mr Crow has a deployed wagon mod, so if the Wagon Wall model is turned 90 degrees and set up per Mr Crow's mod that ought to do it.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

I want to add this to Bellum Crucis 7 replacing "gulay gorod", because wagon wall on this mod is turned 90 degrees, is smaller, and act as a weird ballista, not a real wall. Anybody know how I can? I've done a lot of tests following the guide, but either I get turned 90º or game CTD when I start battle.

I want to add this to Bellum Crucis 7 replacing "gulay gorod", because wagon wall on this mod is turned 90 degrees, is smaller, and act as a weird ballista, not a real wall. Anybody know how I can? I've done a lot of tests following the guide, but either I get turned 90º or game CTD when I start battle.