Thread: undiscovered aztecs blocks descr_strat reading

Default undiscovered aztecs blocks descr_strat reading

Hey, I've got a small problem there.

Tried pretty much everything, so I'm asking here.

I've got a descr_strat file where the aztecs are labeled as undiscovered (nothing unusual there)

Code:
    faction    aztecs, balanced smithai_label        default
    undiscovered
    denari    50000
    denari_kings_purse    10000
    Then whatever I add underneath this entry, isn't read, not even the campaign script (checked the log for a campaign_script toggle, nothing...) and the settlements assigned to the aztecs stay assigned to the rebels (so aztecs are always considered as destroyed on campaign launch with the corresponding event message). The game runs just fine, but nothing written after undiscovered is taken into account. All other settlements are assignes to rebel, are village level settlements etc.

The only thing in the log is :

Code:
    22:22:32.359 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Wheel_of_Time/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 925, column 1
    Playable faction <aztecs> marked as undiscovred.
    If I delete the undiscovered

Code:
    denari    50000
    And the game CTDs every time.

I tried pretty much everything I think.

What do I need to have to verify the condition "Aztecs undicovered"? I tried by applying a black map_fog.tga, doesn't change a thing, and other things as well (changing the aztecs to the last factions in descr_strat faction section etc.)

Edit : Forgot to add that it only works when deleting the faction... then all works for the best (except for the missing faction)

Any help is greatly appreciated ! Thanks !
    Last edited by Red_Devil; July 29, 2015 at 04:46 PM.

Default Re: undiscovered aztecs blocks descr_strat reading

It is a wild guess, but in order to be undiscovered, shoudn't the faction be in the unplayable ? Maybe it is what the log error mean.
    Did you check that the ai is freeze at campaign start for the aztecs in the campaign_script ?

Also, i assume that the indentation of this line, faction aztecs, balanced smithai_label default, is a copy/paste mistake ?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Playable faction <aztecs> marked as undiscovred.
    Seems to be a straight forward error message: either the faction is undiscovered or it is playable - both is not possible, check where it is entered at the top of the file.

Plus there appears to be a formatting error, maybe caused by copying here: the ai_label needs to be in a separate line.
    Code:
    faction    aztecs, balanced smith
    ai_label        default
    undiscovered
    denari    50000

Seeing that entries below this are not being read I guess that is the underlying reason for the errors.

Sorry, copy paste mistake...

What I have in my descr_strat:

Code:
    undiscovered
    denari    50000
    And that's what I don't understand, since the campaign_script.txt isn't called due the fact that descr_strat just stops running and the campaign_script is launched at the end of descr_strat.txt...

Tried making the faction unplayable, game keeps on crashing for no apparent reason. However no "aztecs marked as undiscovered" in the log. The campaign script launched and reached the wait monitor, so seems the descr_strat is read entirely, however no help in the log...
    Tried to change the campaign script, adding freeze / unfreeze, taking all of it of, taking the vanilla freeze script (with the tile_dscovered trigger etc.) Nothing there...

Here's the end of the log :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    08:16:10.643 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <freeze_faction_ai> at line 7 in mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt08:16:10.643 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <unfreeze_faction_ai> at line 8 in mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:16:10.643 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <restrict_strat_radar> at line 11 in mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:16:10.643 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <monitor_event> at line 16 in mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    08:16:10.643 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait_monitors> at line 22 in mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Code:
    08:16:11.000 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Untrustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired08:16:11.001 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0102_High_Income2> fired
    08:16:11.007 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.007 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.008 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik
    08:16:11.008 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Open
    08:16:11.012 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause off
    08:16:11.012 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.012 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.013 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Wheel_of_Time_15_07_29/data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik
    08:16:11.013 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Open
    08:16:11.018 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause off
    08:16:11.041 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.041 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/england_lose.bik]Pause on
    08:16:11.813 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

What makes me curious is what are the conditions for an undiscovered faction? I understand the dead_until_resurrected label, however there are no explanations on the undiscovered label...

If there is no solution I'll just have to carry on with one faction down...
    Last edited by Red_Devil; July 30, 2015 at 01:23 AM.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
    What makes me curious is what are the conditions for an undiscovered faction? I understand the dead_until_resurrected label, however there are no explanations on the undiscovered label...
    Script does this:

Code:
    ; unhide America
    restrict_strat_radar false

unfreeze_faction_ai aztecs
    Not sure what happens if you have an "undiscovered" faction in part of the map that is not hidden.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

'undiscovered' - no diplomatic interaction and no display of faction symbols during game play:

Normally you can see a list of playable factions when you access the faction menu (diplomatic relations), even if you have no clue where those factions are. The 'undiscovered' faction will not be listed there.

The 'undiscovered' condition gets lifted once any the faction's assets have been seen by your faction (or any faction?)

Hmmm, ok... Well seems I'm stuck with some weird thing there.

Then I'll carry on by using the saxons. instead of having a shadowing faction...