Thread: The Mongols..

Default The Mongols..

HA! Just when you thought you'd see another complaint.. I actually wanted to post about how much I'm enjoying the great horde.. I only have 2 citidels in the holy land as sicily but doing alot of hit n runs with my lv10 assassin knocking off the 10stars is evening the odds.. I have beaten back 2 of their assults, during which time my temporary alliance with Egypt allowed them to charge in a relif force of 2 stacks where we chased the buggers off for a few more turns...

Is anoyone else actuallly having fun with the Mongols? I understand people who play Turks and Egypt have a hard time, but I think its great fun..
    I pissed off the edge of the wall.. slept in a sky cell. Fought with the hill tribes... so many adventures

Default Re: The Mongols..

When I was playing as the Turks, I tried to get well prepared for Mongols. Since the Mongol armies used supreme cavalry and archers, I tried to get some Qapukulus and Ottoman Infantry to even the odds. After all, sometimes using your opponents strategy against himself works best I also tried to set up ballista towers for all my eastern cities to ease the sieges. I had 3 full stacks in antioch region when the game gave off the warning. I was also fighting vs Egypt at the time so I called back all my armies back to begin the Mongol Defensive.

Then they came. Lost 3 of my stacks full of experienced units, though I managed to bring down their two stacks and three generals. So I was somewhat happy that I was able to repel them. Then more stacks came, and I was definitely overwhelmed. They besieged and crushed my resistance at Antioch, but it seems that I was able to scare them off ( I killed two of their stacks and generals in that heroic defense ) so they moved south to Jerusalem. They took the city and settled at last, then more stacks came and took Damascus from me. It was crazy, they had about 10 full stacks and I had just lost my last one in that siege, AND two stacks were on their way to Adana so I was getting pretty desperate. I even thought of leaving Anatolia completely for Mongols and moving into Balkans.

Then I was offered a Hashasin's Guild HQ at Adana Well, this was my chance. I started pumping assasins like crazy, all starting with 4-5 levels. After training them a bit, I set them loose on Mongol generals and boy was it fun. I killed about 10 generals in 6 turns, and they muct have gotten so scared that nearly every general had traits for +security to make my life harder. I even found one of their generals, alone, in the middle of the desert running from my assasins. Poor guy...

Their last king must have gotten so paranoid because I was given a 6% chance to kill with my best 9+ level assassins. Poor guy didn't even see it coming with 15+ assassins striking him every turn, and eventually one got him

So, this was my story with mongols, every member of their family died by my assassins. Of course, my king had full dread at that point, as well as my reputation fell from mixed to very untrustworthy

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to AAR {after action report}
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

Dude!! That freaking awesome...and people keep complaining that assasins can't kill anybody.
    Now, there is nothing you can do, but become, a freak!!!!
    - Freako The Clown

Yes, bu the mongols have way too many armies and they mostly pick on turkish. I tried to ally with egipt, it worked for a while, but then egipt stoped fighting. I menaged to survive the attack, but I lost most of my militery power, a the byzantine became a proble again.

But now I figured out that if you can take on one army at the time, fill your army with cressbows, spears, and fast units you can surround them and actually repel them. They have plenty of heavy infantry and cavallery. Which means you have to attack and not allow them to charge. Once you pin them in one side with your heavy infantry, surround them you some light cavallery and sword-men and charge. Don't forget to live space for routing units. Their moral drops quickly. Don't take prisoners.