Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dux Belorum Mod

Default Dux Belorum Mod

I have been able to create for the Romano factions a regression from the Roman pre ascribed settlements to a barbarian inner city infrastructure. The start will show a Roman settlement but the first construction of the needed governors villa will the transformation to a barbarian/Roman look. The Roman walls will remain but the settlements buildings will regress the settlement to the historical Romano Barbarian look of the mid 5t century. Below is the settlement Dun Breatann of Alt Clut
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 10, 2015 at 08:30 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: Dux Belorum Mod

Question, for the Romano factions, are you going to add any units that have a similiar appearance to the Roman comitatenses but with axes instead of swords as their primary weapons? Like instead of "swordsman", it'll be "axeman", but with a Roman look to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex647 View Post
    Question, for the Romano factions, are you going to add any units that have a similiar appearance to the Roman comitatenses but with axes instead of swords as their primary weapons? Like instead of "swordsman", it'll be "axeman", but with a Roman look to them.
    I haven't really thought about the appearance to the Roman comitatenses with an axe instead of a sword but its intriguing. Do you know of any unit models that do? I will be doing the units soon. Most are in the game but I can re do or touch up their textures according to their location, Gywnedd armies will probably look the least Roman. Units in Gywnedd will be a product of their mountainous terrain. Each Romano faction will have at least 4 different units and one heroic unit. The Roman faction in Gaul(North west portion) will have a Roman units and buildings. I'm debating about the Councillium Britannia faction based in London as remaining Roman but I would need to begin the game around 411AD instead of 434AD...I think. I think Roman type buildings rapidly changed in the most Romanized regions such as London in the 2end decade of the 5th century. The plague in the 3rd decade devastated Britain and the money system began to fully disappear into the black dirt(decayed wooden structures that had began to replace the more expensive Roman ones) of each settlement
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 15, 2015 at 07:41 AM.

about axes, there is few evidences of their use by regular roman soldiers, except for lumberjack tasks.
    Obviously Franks foederati had their throwing-axe (francisca). Two axe head have been recovered in England from Burgh Castle (the old Gariannonum, one of the nine forts recorded by the notitia for the litus saxonicum) have been identified as fanciscii.

With your gaulish roman faction, I'll be terribly frustrated not to have more space in Gaul Rio !!!!
    Last edited by Majorien; December 15, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    I haven't really thought about the appearance to the Roman comitatenses with an axe instead of a sword but its intriguing. Do you know of any unit models that do? I will be doing the units soon. Most are in the game but I can re do or touch up their textures according to their location, Gywnedd armies will probably look the least Roman. Units in Gywnedd will be a product of their mountainous terrain. Each Romano faction will have at least 4 different units and one heroic unit. The Roman faction in Gaul(North west portion) will have a Roman units and buildings. I'm debating about the Councillium Britannia faction based in London as remaining Roman but I would need to begin the game around 411AD instead of 434AD...I think. I think Roman type buildings rapidly changed in the most Romanized regions such as London in the 2end decade of the 5th century. The plague in the 3rd decade devastated Britain and the money system began to fully disappear into the black dirt(decayed wooden structures that had began to replace the more expensive Roman ones) of each settlement
    Hmm, I see. I was just thinking sense some romano factions are half roman half barbarian, maybe we can see that concept in the units as well. As for a unit model that uses it...the best one that I know of that actually describes the type of unit that I was referring to is the Bucellari Guard Axeman from the Last Roman Expedition DLC for Attila Total War lol. Although that unit probably never really even existed in actual history, it does add a nice to a Romanized Barbarian Army in my book.

Here's a picture...I hope its viewable...

Hmm, I see. I was just thinking sense some romano factions are half roman half barbarian, maybe we can see that concept in the units as well. As for a unit model that uses it...the best one that I know of that actually describes the type of unit that I was referring to is the Bucellari Guard Axeman from the Last Roman Expedition DLC for Attila Total War lol. Although that unit probably never really even existed in actual history, it does add a nice to a Romanized Barbarian Army in my book.

Here's a picture...I hope its viewable...
    Very nice pic. I'm not against the idea. Possibly a hybrid between the British Legionaries and the Frank Francisca in London. They were influenced and were helped as foederati by the Frank Germanic people
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 15, 2015 at 11:27 AM.

Very nice pic. I'm not against the idea. Possibly a hybrid between the British Legionaries and the Frank Francisca in London. They were influenced and were helped as foederati by the Frank Germanic people
    Hmmm, that would be an interesting site to see. Now that I think about it, will you be adding any cataphracts and/or clibinarii to any of the Romano factions?

Do you know of any unit models that do?
    Oh and I found a model. It's from the Arthurian total war mod.

Oh and I found a model. It's from the Arthurian total war mod.

I am using some RTW - BI - ATW Model? I should have it. Cataphracts will be a part of the Romano factions. They will be expensive and difficult to maintain. Their will be some Sarmatian-Alan influence in the Romano Britain Cataphract but no Clibinari. The Gaul Roman faction will have both the Clibinari and the Cataphract unit
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 16, 2015 at 07:28 AM.

I am using some RTW - BI - ATW Model? I should have it. Cataphracts will be a part of the Romano factions. They will be expensive and difficult to maintain. Their will be some Sarmatian-Alan influence in the Romano Britain Cataphract but no Clibinari. The Gaul Roman faction will have both the Clibinari and the Cataphract unit
    Well you most likely will change the model into something even better but yes, it's in ATW. And that is to be expected in the Roman-British faction, sense the Roman Empire sent about I believe 3000-4000 Sarmatians to Roman Britian before the collapse of the western empire. Another idea that could be interesting to see is a cataphracts that's a hybrid of the Equites Cataphractarii and Sarmatian Armoured horse Archers. Probably something like how the cataphracts were in the King Arthur movie.

Ok, Hopefully now the picture is viewable...

Ok, Hopefully now the picture is viewable...

Do you know the name of this unit?

Do you know the name of this unit?
    In Arthurian total war their called the "Galwyddel Ymill".

In Arthurian total war their called the "Galwyddel Ymill".
    Okay Found em Thank You Alex. I might change the shield design a bit

Okay Found em Thank You Alex. I might change the shield design a bit
    My pleasure. What designs you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorien View Post
    Had an injury... Taking a great deal of time to heal

sorry to read that !!! I hope all will be fine with no further complications....
    take care,
    M.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully you're better now.
    Question: How'd you get the cities in the campaign to look like this? Is there a mod for that? I've always wondered how this could be done.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully you're better now.
    Question: How'd you get the cities in the campaign to look like this? Is there a mod for that? I've always wondered how this could be done.
    I had the models for them and by coding the settlement's advancement files, they will take on this look. I do hope to get back to this very soon. TY Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast