Thread: Rome 2 on this laptop?

Default Rome 2 on this laptop?

Hello there

This week Im going to buy a new laptop and i wanted to know if I can run Rome 2 on it and with what graphics quality.

One of the laptops is: HP Pavilion 17-f239ng L3S37EA#ABD 43,94 cm (17,3 Zoll) Notebook (Intel core i7 5500U 2,4GHz, 12GB RAM, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 840M 4 GB
    http://www.amazon.de/Pavilion-17-f23.../dp/B00TH8SMFG

And the other laptop: Asus N551JQ-CN037H 39,6 cm (15,6 Zoll) Notebook-PC (Intel Core-i7 4710HQ, 2,5GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 128 GB SSD, Nvidia Geforce GT 845M

http://www.amazon.de/N551JQ-CN037H-N.../dp/B00S6NR2YK

On which of them would Rome 2 run with better graphics?

Thanks in advance :-)

Nimble's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Rome 2 on this laptop?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: At that resolution expect 45-50 fps on medium-high easily. Before I built my current rig I played Rome 2 at the same resolution on low-medium setting with i5-3337U, 4GB RAM, and GTX 720M. At those prices (if you're not able or willing to build a PC) they're a pretty good deal. I still have my GTX 720M laptop on the side and love the little machine. I was always so impressed at what it could run (even BF4 on low!).

Nimble's Avatar Libertus

Edit: Sorry, should have written 'at 720p expect ~50fps on high, at higher resolutions maybe some settings on medium'. Also, I would go for the laptop with SSD, I cannot stress enough how great it is in the general running of a machine. I can never go back to HDD now (note that other than load times SSD doesn't increase gaming performance, except open world games with lots of loading, Skyrim or Stalker etc.).

You are right about the PC, but i need more the laptop. As a student i need mibility. Anyway i bought another one for the same amount of money with a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950, i7-5500U, 12 GB RAM. I schould run Rome 2 on high graphics with 110-115 fps.

Thanks for your answer :-)

Well maybe I can let you know my specs. I am running my Rome 2 on Very High Settings.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s01

• Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6 GHz (3 MB Cache)
    • 8 GB DDR3
    • 750 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
    • 17.3-Inch Screen, NVIDIAŽ GeForceŽ GT 730M

so yes you should be just fine
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Like Emperor Tom said, i played Rome 2 with similar specs but with a worse graphics card and could play on high settings